Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HELP!! Fallout New Vegas?

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by Major_Pothead92, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Is this game compatible? I saw that someone here mentioned they got it working, so I went along and tried with Ultimate Edition using ps3gameconvert and an update I found for BLUS30500 (updates don't exist for the Ultimate Edition..) I did the same thing with Fallout 3 GOTY and that works perfectly. However with New Vegas once I managed to get it installed on my system it won't launch and tells me I need a disc. Even went back and converted all over again with a different update just to see if that made a difference. Nope, still says I need a disc.

Any Ideas? Does anyone have any experience with this, or really gotten this game to work after being converted? I'd love to go back and play this one lol.

(P.S. For some reason I can't reply to any posts, tells me some BS about a captcha that doesn't even come up. Even turned off my adblocker and tried a different browser lol..)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I don't know the answer to your question, but I've gotten the captcha error myself. it doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. the only way to fix it, at least from what I've seen, is to log out, then log back in. I'm also still having issues with being signed out whenever I don't click the say signed in box which I often forget to do. both issues may be related.

3. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    I was wondering about Fallout: New Vegas myself, as it isn't listed on the CFW2OFW Compatibility List.
    Maybe there just hasn't been someone close to the devwiki that was able to confirm it for this specific title, however there
    are updates available for every version of it on Brewology - PS3 Game Updates. You can also manually download these updates
    if for some reason it wouldn't pick them up on the cfw2ofw conversion automatically, but I think this may also be where the tool gets
    those updates that it applies automatically, however I've personally never tried manually adding the updates.
    I've got New Vegas also, just haven't touched it in forever.
    I had the Please Insert Disc problem the first time I attempted cfw2ofw conversion with Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain, so it's possible it was just a hiccup during the process. I was successful with my second attempt.
    Since there are updates possible, it should work, but without any information on the compatibility lists you'll just have to try it yourself. If the game loads from the XMB menu, and something like a black screen were to occur, there may be some kind of "Exclusive Method" that the game needs, but with no information on the list, we'd have no way of knowing.

Keep us updated, if you do get it to work I definitely want to know. If you managed to successfully install it but end up having some kind of issue once loaded into the game's environment then we may be able to ask for help or what to do from there from someone more knowledgeable on finding these things out.

(If you are unable to reply, try PMing me your response and I'll paste in into a reply.)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    cygmon0 likes this.
  4. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    @Major_Pothead92 replied:
    " I downloaded a new version of the make backup pkg tools so hopefully that might help sort this out. Gonna give it one last try a little later and if it doesn't work I'm just gonna have to call this one a dud. When I start this one, It doesn't even take me to a black screen, it just goes straight to the error screen where it tells me to use a disc, so I'm not sure what that means exactly. Tried enabling debug pkg for a moment to see if that would get it to launch, didn't seem to make a difference. Had the same issue with Dark Souls, and that game is listed as compatible over on the wiki.

I had a hard enough time as it was figuring out how to get Fallout 3 GOTY working with what I had available to me since I couldn't find an update matching the BLUS ID of the title I was converting, but I did manage to find a way and it worked so I won't give up yet lol."

5. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I just finished up reconverting, tried something a bit different. Edited the Param.SFO and Disc.SFB to the BLUS30500 region code instead of the BLUS30888 one that Ultimate Edition uses, then went along and successfully converted with CFW2OFW, made the packages and signed them etc. When I finally got it installed on my system, yet again I was told to insert the disc before the game would even start.

I think I'm gonna give up on this one, unless there really is someone out there that has gotten this game to work on HAN lol. At least Fallout 3 GOTY works.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  6. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    This isn't looking good... I wasn't able to complete the conversion process last night, but I'll finish it later today and post my results as well.
    I'll also search around and see if I can find if there are any similar games that had this problem, and hope there may be clues to a possible fix. While I can still play New Vegas on my other PS3, I'd like to help get more information out there that could possibly be used to help make the cfw2ofw compatibility list become a little more complete. There's still quite a few games I've noticed (some that's kind of surpisingly) not on the list.

I also double-checked the game ID, just so we're both on the same page here. We both have the same version.

7. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    @Major_Pothead92 - If you still have New Vegas installed on your console, could you double check something for me?
    Try starting the game and when the error comes up, is it accompanied with an error code? If there is, it'd help me narrow down the results, if there isn't it's fine.

I skimmed through the compatibility list, there are a few instances of a few other games showing similar results. A game called Singularity for instance,
    "Black screen after Raven logo using CFW2OFW(v8). PS3GameConvert_v0.91 gives startup error. PS3GameConvert_v0.7 asks for disc to be inserted."
    However, it was able to get beyond the XMB screen with CFW2OFW(v8). Some games require a specific converter, or specific version.

In another post on here mentioning Skyrim & New Vegas, there was someone claiming to get it working, but I don't believe they mentioned the version they were using. There's still hope, how ever small right now lol

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  8. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

There was an error code, I believe it was " To play this game, you must insert the following disc. Insert the disc, and then start the game again. 8001003D " I did a bit of searching on google for this error and it seems that for CFW users it'd be a lot easier to fix, read something about it coming down to the EDAT / EBOOT files.

I had the same exact thing happen with Dark Souls. I found that one strange though because it's marked compatible on the wiki, and I only used cfw2ofw for the conversion. I'm gonna guess that one might have had an issue because of the version of cfw2ofw I converted it with, not too sure.

9. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

I have dark souls 1 + 2 working.

Used ps3gameconvert_0.7

What version you test it? BLUS OR BLES?

Cuz i do believe i played this game in my cousin house old days, lol

I will ask him if he still has the disk

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  10. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    I was just using that Singularity game as an example, I've never personally tested it.
    That was just a copy of the information available on the cfw2ofw compatibility list.
    The version mentioned is - BLES00560 (European), however there's no mention of the USA version.

cygmon0 likes this.
  11. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I just used CFW2OFW v11.1h? for Dark Souls 1, that might be the issue. I got the digital version for Dark Souls 2 installed, but which version of Dark Souls did you get installed? Blus or Bles?

BTW do you got a link to ps3gameconvert_0.7, I want to try that with Fallout New Vegas and see if it makes a difference. Plus, I just searched the web and cannot find a link for it. Only 0.91 :(

12. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

dark souls 1 is BLUS as i bought from local store. But for dark souls 2 it's BLES, my cousin gave me it. Becuz he had "Scholar of the First Sin " So he doesn't need the normal version anymore

Here is the link for:

PS3GAMECONVERT_V0.7

" https://up.top4top.net/downloadf-933puely0-zip.html "

I downloaded it from the russian site

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

13. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Much thanks!

I'll see if I can get around to reconverting Fallout NV with this a little later.

My version of Dark Souls is BLUS as well, I think it didn't work because I used CFW2OFW (compatibility list said that should work lol.) I'll try again with ps3gameconvert-v0.7 soon.

Zazenora likes this.
  14. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

Good luck

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  15. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I gave it a try with ps3gameconvert_v0.7, still ran into the same issue. Insert disc 8001003D. At this point I give up, there might be some other way to get it working by moving the files around or something, but yeah lol.

I'll try again with Dark Souls at some point lol. :sfun bangdesk:

cygmon0 likes this.
  16. 306
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    I too am replicating the Insert Disc error... :[ If the person in the other thread mentioning New Vegas is credible, then maybe the normal version would work, but the Ultimate Edition doesn't, unless someone could one day figure out an Exclusive Method.
    The cfw2ofw method isn't perfect, but I'm grateful for it. Maybe one day when the PSN does shut down for good, I'll move on into CFW.

cygmon0 likes this.
  17. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

Aye. I just remembered something.

Maybe it will work the same?

There is a fix out there, for splinter cell blacklist on ofw.

Check it out. So maybe the game will work at the same method!

I can't share that link. Because it has some piracy, but you can google it

Zazenora likes this.
  18. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I think I found the link you were talking about, was it written by someone called Blade? I'll give that method a try next time I'm up to converting / installing some titles, good looking out! :cool:

Zazenora likes this.
  19. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

Yes.

Blade, hope it works

20. 271
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Was able to get Dark Souls running, however I don't think that tutorial will work for Fallout NV. The files he mentions don't exist in the USRDIR for this game lol. Maybe some day someone with more experience doing this sort of thing will figure out how to get Fallout NV to work if it's even possible.

Zazenora likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.