Help Godmode not building cia from and fbi doesn't install cia

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by precious200, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 88
    precious200

precious200 Member

Everything seems to be working against me my godmode keep on failling on pretty much every. 3ds file i got and I'm trying to install a cia pro evolution soccer but it doesn't install

Sent from my P5W using Tapatalk

2. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

have you tried fbi? I'm unfamiliar with installing cia files with godmode. however, iirc, it's possible to build one from a game cart via godmode. installing them -- I'm not sure. I did create cia files of all of my games via a convoluted process with one of the precursors to godmode.

3. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

oh, I misread that. so, you're trying to turn a game cart into a cia, then install with fbi? what steps/tutorial are you using? the method I used involved xorpads. is that still needed? iirc, those are bits of a game broken up, like the instruction manual might be one, and is removable to make the game smaller. there's an app that will scan your 3ds games, then create the necessary files on an sd card, which you'll then use on the 3ds. after that, I think you need to convert the files from your 3ds to cia with the same app. it's been a long time since I've used it, so I don't remember the steps nor the app name. I'm pretty sure it's streamlined now. I think the app I might've been using was called hourglass9. it's a precursor to godmode. and, probably not updated to b9s.

4. 88
    precious200

precious200 Member

But what about the ones i installed successfully but when ever I launch it my 3ds will freeze at 3ds logo i don't know what is wrong
    Sent from my P5W using Tapatalk

5. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

what are your luma settings?