PS3 Help! I think i bricked my PS3? (Solved)

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by neler93, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

1. 3
    neler93

neler93 Forum Noob

Hey there guys!
    Sorry to bother you all with my problem, have been following posts on this forum for some time now, so I tought some of you may be able to help me out.

So,basically, I have PS3 Slim CECH-2504B with Rebug 4.84.1 LITE installed on it. Wifi/Bluetooth chip is faulty on it. I wanted to upgrade to Rebug 4.84.1 REX so I used MFW Builder 0.2.1 to create CFW file without Wifi/Bluetooth check, and because USB ports are also faulty (controller works just fine, USB memory ain't), I burned update to CD and placed it in console. I started update from XBM, but got stuck in Update Loop with error about wifi/bluetooth, like the MFW Builder did not worked well...? So I read online for one way to exit the update loop is to remove HDD and format it. I hooked up HDD to pc, formated it, put it back, got asked for 4.84 update storage, but nothing works.

So, anyone have any idea, how to stop the update alltogether and return to old firmware or something?

2. 392
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    In what way does nothing work? You should be able to just reinstall FW.... a NoBT CFW is preffered. ;)

3. 3
    neler93

neler93 Forum Noob

I tried that. I never got past "No applicable update data was found.", well not until I realized that my HDD caddy was slightly twisted and would not push HDD all the way in. After fixing it, update started, and I was able too boot ps3 again! :D

ISAK.M likes this.
  4. 392
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Nice man ;)