PS3 Help in Creating XML Animations

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by LuanTeles, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Guys

i'll try to replicate the ps4 loading effect

But i know a very few Animations Tags

Glow:
    Code:
                <Anim name="anim_glow">
                    <Recolour object="object:text_glow" time="800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
                    <Delay time="1000" />
                    <Recolour object="object:text_glow" time="800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
                    <Delay time="600" />
                    <FireEvent event="anim:anim_glow" />
    Pulse:
    Code:
    <Anim name="anim_pulse">
                    <Recolour object="object:pslogo_ring" time="800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
                    <Delay time="1000" />
                    <Recolour object="object:pslogo_ring" time="800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
                    <Delay time="600" />
                    <FireEvent event="anim:anim_pulse" />
                </Anim>
    Rotate, Move and Recolour:
    Code:
    <Anim name="Leaf1EffectStart16MTRT">
                    <Rotate object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="1100" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="6.28" />
                    <MoveTo object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="1100" accelMode="0x0" positionX="-10" positionY="140" positionZ="0" positionOverrideX="0x500" positionOverrideY="0x600" positionOverrideZ="0x0" />
                    <Recolour object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="1100" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
                    <Delay time="1100" />
                    <Rotate object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="0" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="0" />
                    <MoveTo object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="0" accelMode="0x0" positionX="630" positionY="310" positionZ="0" positionOverrideX="0x500" positionOverrideY="0x600" positionOverrideZ="0x0" />
                    <Recolour object="object:Leaf1Effect16" time="0" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
                    <FireEvent event="anim:Leaf1EffectStart16MTRT" />

That i learnt from PSP Custom Rcos

But for this one it will need a one to make it shrink down, shrink up (is that the word?) and to dissapear.

Can you guys help me?

DeViL303, Niander466 and Louis Garry like this.
  2. 5,061
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

This is made with the <Resize>
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/RCOXML_Animations#.280x09_0x05.29_Resize
    Code:
    <Resize object="object:label" time="1000" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="1" sizeScaleY="1" sizeScaleZ="1" />
    The values of sizeScaleX, sizeScaleY, sizeScaleZ works as a multiplyer, so first you need to resize them to 0.9 (smaller)... and then resize them again to 1 (normal size)

And to make it dissapear you should use the <Fade> this changes the alpha channel, and is another multiplyer
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/RCOXML_Animations#.280x09_0x06.29_Fade
    Code:
    <Fade object="object:label" time="1000" accelMode="0x3" colorScaleA="1" />

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    DeViL303, LuanTeles and Louis Garry like this.
  3. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Nice, i'm only having a problem changing the icon from one to another.

the ps3 freezes haha

4. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    My First Attemp

Progress so Far (Only the first Icon)

5. 5,061
    sandungas

Not sure what you mean... but the usual trick is to have both icons displayed perfectly overlapped on top of each other at all times... and change the alpha of them when needed

Example, you start the animation with:
    icon1=alpha0 (invisible), icon2=alpha1 (visible)
    And at the middle of the animation you change to:
    icon1=alpha1 (visible), icon2=alpha0 (invisible)

This way it looks liike is only 1 icon that have been replaced... but the fact is are 2 icons :)

-------------
    I was thinking in this technique for the matrix film animation i suggested the other day... is a bit overkill but im going to mention it anyway because it should work
    The idea is to have the 4 icons of the DS3 buttons overlapped (but only 1 of them visible)... and move this group of 4 icons vertically like in the matrix film
    Then you change the alpha of them, keeping only 1 visible but replacing it... and eventually all them invisibles (like in the film)

But... is needed to do this for every character that is falling... and are needed hundreds to fill the screen, lol... this is why is overkill

6. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:

Yeap the workaround i found to not freeze the system is overlapping them, i used recolour to make the square button transparent (alpha=0) after a amount of time and make the triangle visible (alpha=1)

I will still try the matrix one, is the next in the list, yeap maybe it will take a little bit of work :P but lets try.

DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 5,061
    sandungas

To be honest i dont understand why exists both <Recolour> and <Fade>, im going to copy them here to compare his attributes easyer
    Code:
    <Recolour object="object:label" time="1000" accelMode="0x3" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
    <Fade     object="object:label" time="1000" accelMode="0x3" colorScaleA="1" />

As you can see the only difference in between them is you cant change the RGB channels with <Fade>
    But with <Recolour> you can do the same than with <Fade> + a few more

Not sure f there is other misteries i ignore related with them... but in some way <Recolour> superceeds <Fade> (in other words, we dont need <Fade>)

As far i understand at this point... the only good reason to use <Fade> could be to improve performance

8. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    @sandungas

Can you help me out?

I can't make it in a loop

Here the anim code i used (The values is a mess, i didnt understand them ahhaa, i only know that about 10hrs trowing random values it kinda works, the delays times doesnt seem to work in the middle of the code )

Code:

<Anim name="PS4LoadingStyleSquare">
    <Delay time="500" />
    <Rotate object="object:Square_Icon" time="700" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-2.28" />
    <Resize object="object:Square_Icon" time="800" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <Delay time="500" />
    <FireEvent event="anim:PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangle" />
    </Anim>
    <Anim name="PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangle">
    <Delay time="800" />
    <Recolour object="object:Square_Icon" time="1000" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
    <Recolour object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="1000" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="600" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-2.1" />
    <Delay time="1400" />
    <Resize object="object:Square_Icon" time="900" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="600" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-4.28" />
    <Resize object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="900" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <FireEvent event="anim:PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangleCross" />
    </Anim>
    <Anim name="PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangleCross">
    <Delay time="2000" />
    <Recolour object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="1500" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
    <Recolour object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="1800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="800" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-3.1" />
    <Delay time="2000" />
    <Resize object="object:SquareTriangle_Icon" time="900" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="600" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-4.28" />
    <Resize object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="900" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <FireEvent event="anim:PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangleCrossCircle" />
    </Anim>
    <Anim name="PS4LoadingStyleSquareTriangleCrossCircle">
    <Delay time="4000" />
    <Recolour object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="1500" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="0" />
    <Recolour object="object:SquareTriangleCrossCircle_Icon" time="1800" accelMode="0x0" colorScaleR="1" colorScaleG="1" colorScaleB="1" colorScaleA="1" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangleCrossCircle_Icon" time="800" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-3.1" />
    <Delay time="2000" />
    <Resize object="object:SquareTriangleCross_Icon" time="800" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <Rotate object="object:SquareTriangleCrossCircle_Icon" time="600" accelMode="0x0" radiansX="0" radiansY="0" radiansZ="-4.28" />
    <Resize object="object:SquareTriangleCrossCircle_Icon" time="900" accelMode="0x3" sizeScaleX="0" sizeScaleY="0" sizeScaleZ="0" />
    <FireEvent event="anim:PS4LoadingStyleSquare" />
    </Anim>

And here is what i'm getting

Isnt it supposed to show back the SQUARE and continue the animation in loop?

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Update

The Same Rotation Values, has different effects in the 2 column ????? haha

Now i need to try new values for it, and as i couldn't set them in loop (idk why)

i think i will make them static at the end.

I also will try to figure out the duration effects, cuz the delay values aren't doing anything

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Louis Garry and Niander466 like this.
  10. 5,061
    sandungas

Hmm, not sure if i got it...
    The complete loop is composed by 4 animations
    In every animation you are using the <Resize> to make the "objects" sizeScaleX/Y/Z = 0 (invisible)

But you are not using the <Resize> again to make them visibles... so in the first loop you make all them invisibles and in the next loop are already invisibles (and you made them invisibles again)
    The result is the images are only visibles in the first loop

The point is... (like in programming languages btw) before changing the value of something... first you need to define it and give it an initial value
    In this case, for the sizes you should start all the animations by resizing sizeScaleX/Y/Z = 1 otherway they are going to take the values from the previous loop (the zeroes when you made them invisibles)

Not sure if it works this way though, just specualting

11. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    I dont want to mess with this animation anymore :P

Now the final result, not as smooth as i want, but it's pretty close to the ps4 one, and my loop failed even recoloring them back and resizing it again

But the original one doesn't stay in a loop too, so its Okay :P

Louis Garry, DeViL303 and sandungas like this.
  12. 5,061
    sandungas

While watching the video i just realized that is not needed to rotate the circle, this xml lines for the circle rotations can be removed
    I mean... if you rotate a perfect circle from his center... what you see in screen is exactly the same circle at all times (so the rotation effect is not visible)

Anyway, if at some point you want to try experiments to achieve the infinite loop... you should start with only 2 images, and only 1 effect (choose one, the rotation or the resize but not both at the same time)
    Only for the tests i mean... trying to simplify the amount of xml code to the minimal

LuanTeles and DeViL303 like this.
  13. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Next step that i was thinking
    after seeing a psp theme called Golden Witch, is this item effects around the "gear" icon

i copied the code and pasted in the ps3 one, the animations work, but the effect of changing settings icon doesnt

If Anyone wants to see the decompiled rco

you can grab it from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/2li98o8gfx3v0kj/Sysconf_PSP.rar

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 2:24 AM
    Louis Garry and sandungas like this.
  14. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Edit

I missed the attribute xlistOnCursorMove

Now I got it working

Even his sidemenu effects, curious that he used a completely different way than me

he used pageOnActivate=""> and pageOnCancel

so it can have different animations when the side menu is opening and closing

Now is the worse thing, try to find the correct x and y of the gear icon

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 2:50 AM
    sandungas likes this.
  15. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Update 3

The problem now is that it can't work with my side menu animations due to the "limit" of anim entries , it crashes now

anyone knows a workarround? can i use only one animation and enable it by the PageOnActivate? using the same name?, cuz setting differents name i will reach that limit again

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:23 AM
  16. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Update 4

Seems like making a custom xlistOnCursorMove animation bugs it a little, if you stay on a item, the info text will be paralized and follow all the itens o_O

i'm trying to figure out how to fix it but i couldn't

Louis Garry and sandungas like this.
  17. 5,061
    sandungas

The animated butterflies are .GMO files located under <ModelTree> ? o_O

I dont know why happens that problem with the texts, but is worthy to mention that are not only the info texts... the "owner" of the annoying text it keeps highlighted, note in your video the option at bottom named "PS - Suavizaçao" should be in dark grey text (because is not onFocus) but is in white

So is like... you have the "PS - Suavizaçao" onFocus at all times and his info texts appears in the other options

18. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Nah, they are images and animation tags, the ModelTree is a vertical wave in the sidepanel (i didnt get it to work)

I realized that too, maybe be there a workaround? or disabling the focus feature?

19. 5,061
    sandungas

So... lets say, the wing of a butterfly is a standard image where it changes his positions, sizes and rotations in X, Y, and Z ?
    I guess that was supertricky to achieve, lol

The GMO format was not used ever in PS3 firmware (not even in pre-retail) but the RCO format supports it, can be used in the same way it was used in PSP RCOs... but as far i know nobody tryed it so we dont know if the PS3 can load the GMO files

Edit:
    I was just taking a read at what i wrote in psdevwiki about this GMO models...
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/RCOXML_Models
    And i just realized they works on PS3, and it was you who confirmed it with this experiment, so thanks again for that finding :P
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3-pro-mod-release-information-thread.14641/page-9#post-96425
    For curiosity sake... take a read at my answers in next page of the thread talking about GMO
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3-pro-mod-release-information-thread.14641/page-10#post-96474
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3-pro-mod-release-information-thread.14641/page-10#post-96477

No idea, but you seem to be in one of that cases that... if you change a single line in the XML the results are going to be very different, and you will be again "wtf" (v5)

The only thing i see is the firmware is displaying stuff that doesnt belongs to the position of the cursor where you are located

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM
  20. 706
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    @Louay is this the bug that you are talking about?

I can't fix it, because it will need an adicional <Anim> tag, and i got no more rom available in the rco.

EDIT:

It's kinda annoying, so i better remove the little gear in the settings icon itens (not really well implemented, only with my custom theme, original xmb it will glow the whole button, don't know why)

So i'm thinking removing it, and adding the fix for it.

I will add the alpha 1 to remove it in the OnActive and alpha 0 in a new animation in the FocusOut attribute.

A worthy trade-off