Help JB PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by BMG, Apr 16, 2019 at 12:26 AM.

1. 3
    BMG

BMG Forum Noob

I'm new to all of this and found this website when googling how to jailbreak my ps3 and was wondering if anyone could guide me on how to go about jailbreaking my ps3 slim. Its model number is CECH 2001A.

2. 590
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Your supposed to use the flashwriter using the hdd method on ps3xploit.com.Once your ps3 is flashed you are supposed to reboot and install cfw.Thats just the simplified explination of it though.

This website has a detailed guide but its a pain in the ass to find when it isnt pinned anywhere in the forum section.

BMG likes this.
  3. 3
    BMG

BMG Forum Noob

Is their any soldering involved? Or is their anything I can buy and just plug in to the USB port?

When you jailbreak your system what can you do with it?

4. 590
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

No soldiering is needed since you are using a "2000" model specificly and 4.84 hfw on the latest ps3 version allows you to use the webkit exploit on ps3xploit.com to inject the .hex file to your sims nor.

Take my advise and look for a updated guide before proceding.

BMG likes this.
  5. 3
    BMG

BMG Forum Noob

Thanks..I was just about to use a YouTube video until I found this site and said let me do a little research before I F%$# my shit up. Do they have an updated guide here for my version you can direct me to? And how long does it usually take to do this?

6. 97
    jcorrea

jcorrea PSX-Place Supporter

Developer
    This is the basic steps, read all of it before start, and asks if you didn't understand something.

Warning:
    On the steps you have to DUMP/FLASH the NOR, set the page as your home page (on PS3), then close and reopen the browser and you are ready to DUMP/FLASH.

0. Check your Minimum Version with minverchk.pup (put it on path PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP, then use it on update procedure of XMB). If it's under or equal 3.55 then follow to next step, else, stop right now.
    1. Install HFW twice (first from XMB, and then from recovery)
    2. Prepare a USB device formated as FAT32 MBR. Put it on right most USB port (nearby the disc entry).
    3. Dump your NOR (as you have a CECH-2001A) to the USB device you prepared.
    4. Check your NOR with PyPS3checker. If everything is OK, go to step 5.
    5. Download flash_484. (if downloading to pc, check MD5)
    6. Flash it with the writer. From this step to step 9, don't shutdown your PS3.
    7. Dump your NOR again.
    8. Check your NOR again with PyPS3checker. If everything is OK, go to step 9.
    9. Restart your PS3.
    10. Download your preferred CFW, put it on USB device (on path PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP).
    11. Install the CFW from XMB.

And, also, you can get the tools from this thread, so read this too before start:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/p...mpers-v2-0-1-now-install-cfw-from-4-84.23123/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 1:24 AM
    BMG and DeViL303 like this.
  7. 1,279
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

At the very bottom of this page is a link "Hacking a PS3", its under a section labeled "Getting helps?"
    This will answer every question you have, is filled with guides, tutorials, tools, and everything else you need.

BMG, jcorrea and pink1 like this.