PS3 HELP me CUSTOMIZING my XMB!

Discussion in 'XMB Modifications' started by Shaayn, Nov 10, 2019.

1. 1,624
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    PS3 Dump Checker !!!

Shaayn likes this.
  2. 70
    Shaayn

Shaayn Forum Noob

Engineer
    mdr pardon, je veux gold chrome lines.qrc :(

3. 6,088
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Please write in english @Shaayn

About the official sounds... there is a page in wiki about them, where you can see his MD5 (with the goal of controlling all his versions)
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/RCOXML_ofw_sounds

I dont know how many sounds was modifyed for the PS4 PRO MOD, but initially the ones you need to care are the "navigation sounds" from inside system_plugin.rco

The audio files are stored as .VAG format inside the .RCO container files btw
    RCOmage have a dedicated function that is able to do the "VAG to WAV" conversion (and the "WAV to VAG" in opposite direction too)
    But the reason why the sound files are documented in wiki in his .VAG format is because we are not sure if the audio conversions are "lossy" (a process where his quality decreases everytime you convert the file)

In this case you dont want to lose quality in the audio files... so what you should do is to:
    1) Extract the official VAG files from the official system_plugin.rco with RCOmage and dont enable any file conversion !
    2) Extract the custom VAG files from the PS3 PRO MOD system_plugin.rco with RCOmage and dont enable any file conversion !
    3) Copy the official files from folder A (the official)... to folder B (the PS3 PRO MOD) overwriting them
    4) Compile the contents of folder B

If you get used to what im explaining and you do it exactly like what i said is safe and failproof... is the kind of thing you know is going to work without need to do any tests ;)

Shaayn likes this.
  4. 70
    Shaayn

Shaayn Forum Noob

Engineer
    Thanks. :D

Basically I want all ps3 sounds back, literally, so the best option would be to get those from the original 4.85 OFW .pup or 4.84.2 D-REX Rebug and then replace those rco mentioned, system plugin, edy plugin, video editor... and all should be fixed yes?

Unfortunatelly I only have my windows at home and I only cmbk for special dates like xmas etc... I have my macbook but l don't want to split the disk to install windows, that's why l ask if someone has time to attach the files, btw thanks for your time ;)

5. 7,243
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

If you replace all the rcos with the OFW ones you will remove other stuff too, Some of the mods in the PS3 Pro Mod are in the same rcos as the sounds. You will probably need to extract the OFW rcos, and replace the sounds and repack the custom rcos from the pro mod like sandunagas says.

Shaayn likes this.
  6. 6,088
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The best option is to extract the files from the official firmware of the same version than the CFW/HEN you have installed
    In this case for sounds, i bet sony didnt updated them since lot of firmware versions ago so most probably are exactly the same identical .VAG files since firmware 4.00 or so up to 4.85
    Anyway, as a general rule is always better to work with files of the same version you have installed to prevent incompatibilities

I dont know how many sounds was modiyed for the PS4 PRO MOD, you can ask @LuanTeles or check by yourself (comparing MD5 VS the official files), but my guess is you only need to worry about the sounds inside system_plugin.rco

I just reminded something you are going to like, ManaGunz includes the source code of RCOmage :D
    Inside the filemanager of ManaGunz you can extract RCO contents, replace some of the extracted files, and then recompile the RCO

The "golden rule" you need to remember when working with this file conversions in ManaGunz is (before doing any conversion) to copy them to a "working directory"
    You know... that directory could be any folder (you can create a folder named dev_hdd0/RCOtests/)
    Copy the files there... and from that point you are free to do whatever you want with them in a safe way, because the firmware is not going to load them from that "working directory" path

And when you are done with the RCO conversions (do it a couple of times to verify that the result is the same, also ManaGunz can do MD5 checksums to compare files)... then you can enable dev_blind and overwrite the originals in dev_flash

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Shaayn likes this.
  7. 70
    Shaayn

Shaayn Forum Noob

Engineer
  8. 7,243
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Shadow Joker and Shaayn like this.
  9. 7
    Shadow Joker

Shadow Joker Forum Noob

Hello sorry for bothering, I have searched for the icon_ notation of usb storage ... also the one of the main sections such as video or web music would not know where I can find them since I want to edit the hen activator with the web section icon