Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

[HELP] ROS & IDPS DUMPER Question

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by ira, Oct 15, 2019.

1. 2
    ira

ira Forum Noob

Hello, im new here and also with ps3 in general when talking about jailbreak
    With some research here and there and help i decide to do HAN first and be capable of CFW in the future if i decide to do it. For me HAN is just fine for now. My console is CECHCxx (COK-002)
    But, im curious and i have been looking before proceed...
    I have made the process of install HFW 4.85 from 4.82 OFW and also change my HDD from 60gb to 500gb, i did it at once from the recovery mode (beep 2 times) and then proceed with format and installation, and everything seems OK.
    I did dump the NAND to my usb stick the dump.hex and checked it with checker.py. no errors or warnings ... everything is ok.
    (but i did all this without knowing i could/should first install OFW 4.85 and then HFW 4.85 to have ros0 and ros1 with 4.85)
    So about the ROS Question thats why im here..
    Here is my actual dump log showing stuff related to the ROS data (CoreOs region). i did the dump as i said after install 4.85 HFW, i did nothing more than that.

******* Getting SDK versions *******
    ROS0 : 482.000
    ROS1 : 485.000
    ******* Checking CoreOS_region *******
    009.00 ROS Header : OK
    009.01 ROS0 Header : OK
    009.02 ROS0 Hash : OK
    Size = 0x6FFFE0
    MD5 = DBCE1CCF7E8A64DC2A6C7019E1C03749
    Version = 4.82 CEX/SEX OFW
    009.03 ROS1 Header : OK
    009.04 ROS1 Hash : OK
    Size = 0x6FFFE0
    MD5 = B833A708108360FC7913986E29C29B3E
    Version = 4.85 CEX/SEX OFW

As i could understand reading the forum and this amazing post ( here you go:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/w...-are-bad-after-flash.23666/page-2#post-173096 ) something is wrong with my ros0, it should be also 4.85 am i right?
    So for a possible jailbreak with cfw i need both ROS to be 4.85. How should i proceed if yes?
    I already tried without recovery mode, installing the hfw 2 times from the system update in settings with the usb stick (with hfw 4.85 in it only) and no connection to internet, the progressbar fills to 100%, the screen goes black and appears again saying the version is already up to date so means it didn't install, i guess.
    Need help here, dont want to do bad! Just want to put it like it should be and is recommended to install twice the hfw or ofw then hfw.

Also the Question about IDPS.
    As im going to proceed with HAN for now, is the IDPS dumped from (ACT + IDPS in han tools) exactly the same as IDPS DUMPER from flash dumper in the same menu where we dump the dump.hex?
    I don't understand what is the ROP in there with the IDPS DUMPER btw!

Thanks,
    Ari

2. 2
    ira

ira Forum Noob

I forgot to mention I did system update but twice from settings as I said
    and
    ros0 ros1 still the same after dump nand again, compared to the first dump log showed in the entry post.

Also, didnt reboot once, between the 2 Updates and dump nand, dunno if that matters

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019