Help with banned console!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Prosencrantz, Sep 30, 2018.

1. 7,903
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

1. Psnpatch plugin is the best tool you can use although officially DEX is not supported. The only alternative is SEN Enabler plugin.
    2. A VPN service requires a subscription.
    It provides a measure of anonymity to Internet usage.
    The principle is simple but explaining VPN in details is outside the scope of this post.
    This is only a rough and oversimplified explanation.

After you subscribe, the VPN provider will give you some connection details so you can login to its servers using encrypted communications.
    Once you setup your PC/smartphone to use VPN, all Internet communication on your device is channelled through to the VPN server which forwards requests/replies from/to your device.

Basically when a Web server on the Internet receives a request from your PC, it gets no information about your PC because it receives the request from the VPN server & not from your device directly.
    So for the instance if you are in Amsterdam connected to a VPN based in London & browsing psx-place.com, the server hosting psx-place.com will be communicating with London only. It won't have a clue about your PC in Amsterdam.

VPN services are highly recommended for certain things such as torrenting or deep web browsing to mitigate risks.
    However, nowadays, it makes sense to use VPN services for just about everything if privacy matters to you.
    Note that VPN services address a number of common privacy issues but it's not an all in one guaranteed privacy solution. Privacy can still be invaded even when using a VPN if you are not careful.

There are lots of providers offering various features, you would need to read up on the topic, check comparative reviews then shop around for am offer appropriate to your needs.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. 3,536
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Was giving general information, and the error message usually is a good indication of what might happen. And general information about some methods that can be used to reduce the risk of a ban, what can and cannot be done, ways of getting back online on the same console.

Please don't just dismiss my advise arrogantly out of hand just because it says forum noob, as I have experience working in the Games Design and development industry, have knowledge of things you can dream of about the way Sony does things and procedures. And family that have worked in the Industry for other 30 years on some well known games and for some top developers.

I am myself a dev/graphics artist not some arrogant, hacking keyboard warrior thinking they know everything. Your friend especially 'Mr burgerville' on ather thread trying to tell someone what they should do because he thought it best, using terminology they blatantly didn't understand and getting more arrogant by the replies. they didn't understand what to do and how to get what they wanted on their console. so I stepped in and simplified it in step by step they could understand and as they haven't replied with anymore issues I assume it has worked out for them.

we are here to help and educate people who don't understand as we do, not give them the I KNOW BEST crap and there are people like me who will not take it and put you in your place.

For example someone said psn patch is the best thing for all one.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Use one to spoof your IDPS and one to disable syscall. that way if on fails for whatever reason you have a backup. there's various options out there. webMAN can also Spoof you IDPS and disable syscalls as well direct IDPS Spoofing from the REBUG TOOLBOX although you would have to use another app to disabled Syscal and can be quite annoying to do it this way.

I only use PSN Patch to disable Syscals and CCAPI to spoof IDPS to the consoles orginal CEX IDPS as I have always had my Console target ID as DEX and never been banned for any online modding as my ID will show up as a retail PS3. (these were private matches to be honest, not public)

Use the right patches and tools to mask the cheats or mods such as antiban and stealth EBOOTs and patches as the servers can be fooled and don't pick up on everything. BLACK OPS 2 servers are a prime example, NON Host ones would reduce the risk as you not forcing the server to make you host inoorder to use them, which triggers red flags in the parameters of the servers.

Also some said use a VPN? are you crazy? yes they mask your IP and are good to hide what your doing, especially people who download Pirate games (they are damaging the industry for you gamers) and where you are but that's what criminal hackers want. As your network traffic is monitored by third party servers instead of your more secure service providers.

Think about it, you sign in on a VPN, maybe buy something off PSN and all your details, bank accounts and such are going through them servers. Your android fone will even warn you that your network maybe be being monitored? Prime target's for criminals to target these small third party servers.

Its been happening to various companies around Europe if you can be bothered to search for the articles on google. I have also seen news stories on the TV about it.

3. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

I've got somewhat interessed in this CCAPI
    Method... could you explain little bit more?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk

4. 23
    lawrencesamson007

lawrencesamson007 Member

V got some interest in ccapi method too... Could you shed more light please

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5. 1,626
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Ccapi has release notes and how to. You create a config.txt with the id you want to spoof. Once done when you connect and attach you have the option to spoof you idps with that of another.

6. 23
    lawrencesamson007

lawrencesamson007 Member

If am correct.... Its just like psn patch... I mean the ccapi

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

But does it works through a mobile phone?

8. 3,536
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    CCAPI (Control Console API By Enstone) is a useful tool for your PS3. It can automatically 'Spoof' your IDPS and PSID as soon as start your console, it is also used for RTM (Real Time Modding). The befits of using this is the only thing left to is disable your 'Syscalls' before going online. I use PSN Patch for that.

When you install the App you get the PS3 and PC versions (CCAPI is available on here for download in the resources section) , Android devices is available free from Google Play Store.

Before I start I will say this, I use this method because I have my console set up as DEX. Mainly because I only play online on a few games. Black Ops 2 is one of them and quite alot of the best mods require DEX and CCAPI to work.

(I only mod in private matches, where I give everyone the ability to use the menu. Modding in public matches is for losers and I have my own anti modder tool which will tell me who is using mods, even non host menus)

And also that nothing you do will make you 100% safe from a ban. All you can do is reduce the 'Risk' but carelessness and going bezerk online with mods will get you a ban.

I'll start at the Beginning and do step by step how to use it, it's quite simple but effective that's why I use this method but also the how and why so you have as much information as possible.

Firstly before you use CCAPI you need your IDPS and PSID (Mainly IDPS I will explain why further down) If you have obtained one from a 'Dead' console that has never been modded so your not risking your own IDPS is probably the best ID to have as it will not have ever been flagged by PSN servers.

(Your ID gets flagged then monitored before you get banned, essentially they catch you in the act before banning you)

I use my genuine IDPS for my console and have a backup one off my Super Slim on OFW incase I do get banned.

Your IDPS must start :
    000000087000 (aka EID5 IDPS)

This method uses CCAPI for Android so you might want to install that on your Phone. I don't use the PC version.

Make sure your connected to your WiFi router or have your Phone connected to your PS3 using 'Portable Hotspot'.

Now to CCAPI, Download and install the pkg to your PS3.

1. Now open CCAPI and install it on your PS3. it will install and reboot your PS3.
    2. When your PS3 reboots it should show up in the top right in a notification bubble the same as webMAN.
    3. Now open the app on your phone and select 'add console' and enter your PS3's IP address and also give it a name so you now which one it is.
    4. Now select that console and select 'connect'. if done correctly you will get a 'connected to CCAPI with success' message.
    5. Now open the menu in the top left of your screen and select 'Console IDs'.
    6. Enter your 'IDPS' and select 'Set at Boot' if you entered it correctly you will get a 'command executed with success' message.
    7. Now enter your PSID and do the same thing.
    Now your PS3 will spoof your IDPS and PSID everytime you boot up your PS3. No messing about with config files with PSN Patch. And now every time you boot your IDPS and PSID will flash up in the bottom right hand corner of the XMB to show that it has been spoofed.

NOTE: your PSID doesn't have to one from another console, it can be an entirely random alphanumeric code. Only your IDPS has to be genuine.

Now for why I use PSN Patch just to disable syscalls.
    (I performed various stress tests on the app)
    I have found that under certain conditions (mainly low RAM levels from multiple plugins loaded, I also forced a low RAM test the same way game devs test games) PSN Patch at random times fails to load the file containing your desired IDPS & PSID. You get the 'beep' of success and the syscalls are disabled. The success rate was higher than the failure but All it takes is that one time and your banned.
    Whereas CCAPI has never failed to Spoof my IDs yet.

Unfortunately my laptop failed on me and I was going to pass on my data and findings stored on it as was as the precise conditions of the test to the developer of this app.

That aside PSN Patch is still a great app for things. patches your games for online play, installing RAP and EDAT files.

Anything else just ask.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    kamilmirza likes this.
  9. 3,536
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Here is a few screen shots of the CCAPI Console Manager for Android. Screenshot_20181004-135138.png Screenshot_20181004-134932.png Screenshot_20180721-010618.png

10. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

Wow! That was very helpful! Thank you for taking your time for help! As soon as i get a new IDPS i'll send you some DM with my doubts and questions!

Thanks, really!!!

11. 3,536
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    I forgot to mention that when getting your IDPS try to get it from a console as close as possible to the one you have. Model no, date stamp and lowest firmware version.

It's not really a must but if you decide to do a permanent IDPS change it will also change your lowest firmware version. So don't get it from a 2500 and above slim or any super slim if you're looking to do it permanently. If you just want to spoof then any PS3 will do.

12. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

the idps is located in two places of the flash: eid0 and eid5. I think the spoofer and the perm changer only change the one in eid5. sony can possibly see through this, but opting not to pursue it. there's some info about this on psdevwiki. just look up idps. :)

13. 3,536
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    If your spoofing you only want to use the IDPS from EID5 usually starting :000000087000*********
    This is associated with retail units (CEX)

The IDPS from EID0 :00000008200***** is associated with developers units or Test Units (DEX) It is also classed as CEX for developers as these units are basically retail units in Debugging mode.

All retail units are like this just Sony corrected there errors with the later 2500+ models (But not good enough as we are still exploiting them. And I used to have a super slim test console that came QA flagged, from work, till it died then I got a slim to jailbreak and a standard retail superslim)

These are used to Identify the different types of units to access different servers provided by Sony.

CEX = np (Public Servers)
    DEX/DevCEX = MGMT, SP-INT (For Devs Only)

SP-INT was the one my QA Superslim had access to. (White-listed by Sony as it was from work)

000000082000****** (EID0) is what my Slim shows as the current IDPS (Target ID DEX) will not be able to access the 'np' server.

000000087000***** (EID5) Shows as the 'Real' IDPS Retail (Also when Target ID is: CEX shows as 'Current' IDPS) sales to the public what I have '' to but its my genuine Retail IDPS for the console. I also recently Dumped my IDPS from my super slim as a backup also starting 000000087000****** (EID5) (CEX)

Sony has every EID0 & EID5 paired together for the consoles and what each should be showing as, whether that unit has went to a Dev or whether it is retail sales, so they know what consoles should be accessing each service that's why it's imperative that we use the correct IDPS to access PSN (np) EID5 IDPS.

14. 543
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

I'm curious to know why did u get banned for?

15. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

I dunno either... tried to log in one day and was given the message...

I wasn't even logged when it happened.

16. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Member

I've got a PSP wich I never used the ***PlayStation Store***. If I give the IDPS away with avail of the moderators here is there any problem for me or the other person requesting it?

17. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Member

I want to give it to someone who deserves it so HELP from the moderators will be appreciated

18. 13,027
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I don't believe you can do that on here. psx place doesn't want to be held liable if someone gets burned.

19. 31
    Mjfdms

Mjfdms Member

I wont do it thanks.