Help with multiman v04.82

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Multimannoober, Nov 26, 2018.

1. 3
    Multimannoober

Multimannoober Forum Noob

Hello

I recently updated to multiman v04.82 on my ps3 from multiman 10(I believe that's what it was called) I'm running cfw 3.55 still... I also have a 1tb seagte ext hard drive fat32 that has my games loaded and was working with the old multiman... Now multiman will to see or show me the games, it will see the hard drive in the MMos under HDD DEV_001 ... The game files which are stored under "games/z" are all in a folder named "game"

Any ideas on how to ge me back up and running? Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I've got now is to update the cfw to 4.82?

2. 7,850
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Much has changed since the 3.55 days & it's not very surprising that newer 4.8x builds are not plug & play with your current setup.

Have you tried deleting multiman 4.82 & reinstalling the build you were using before? In theory, it should restore multiman more or less as it was before you updated, multiman 4.82 should not have made any big changes to your hdd tree.

Imho, remaining on 3.55, probably using patched game files & legacy JB format is pointless, but it's up to you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Multimannoober likes this.
  3. 6,125
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The internal PS3 hdd uses a linux filesystem where folder and files names are "case sensitive"
    You need to place the game backup files in either GAMEZ or GAMES (for PS3 games in JB format), or PS3ISO (for PS3 games in ISO format)
    This folder names are all in uppercase... this indicates that are unnofficial folders

The other folder in dev_hdd0/games (with "games" name in lowercase) is where are installed all the apps/games in PKG format

Multimannoober likes this.
  4. 3
    Multimannoober

no I haven't tried anything but I was th8nking of updating the cfw just to make it all jive better if not I'll go back to the way I had it

Thanks for your time

5. 3
    Multimannoober

ill check and let you know... I know they're in the right folder I will make sure its all uppercase

Thanks for the knowledge

6. 7,850
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

It's no bother. ;)

Think about what you want to do, keeping in mind that updating your system to use modern ways of mounting games might require more than just updating cfw.
    On 4.xx, you can still use legacy JB folder (unpatched for 3.55 so you might need to restore original eboots) but it's recommended to use ISO format instead.
    Backup managers have seen a lot of improvements since 3.55, you will find that a brew like Managunz can be a nice alternative to multiman for instance.
    Check our resources section for homebrew as well as store.brewology.com.

Whichever way you decide to go, don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

7. 6,125
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

If you do i suggest to dont step back to an old firmware so easilly (just because you hitted with some annoying problem related with launching PS3 backup games)
    Keep the new firmware installed for a time (some weeks, be patient) and incase of finding problems ask for help
    All the problems you could find have an explain :)

The first thing you are going to find annoying is some of the games you had "fixed for 3.55" could not work (are the games released after the firmware 3.56 was published)
    Also, is posible some of the "gamedata" installations (performed by the games at the first game boot) that you have already installed could not be compatibles (so you will have to delete the "gamedata" and allow the game to generate it again)

And thats all mostly, but as said, if you find some of your games not working dont panic... is because your game is a "bad" backup. In other words... the new custom firmwares works fine

For backup managers i agree in trying managunz, actually managunz is the "son" of multiman + irisman
    Managuz inherited lot of features from them (the most importants related with game backup mounting and emulation modes) and have lot more features that was added later in managunz
    Also it looks like multiman and irisman too visually, you will get used to the interface easilly

*Edit:
    Managunz have a couple of options to "fix" game files (availables when you press triangle over the PS3 game icon/cover)
    Right now i dont remember what does exactly, but are 2 different ways to "fix" files
    So i guess you could try them in the games you had "fixed for 3.55"
    This way is like if you where "refixing" the files

cygmon0 likes this.