PS VITA / PS TV HENkaku Exploit Updated to Release 6 - GPU Overclocking now Supported

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 12, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 12, 2016 at 11:19 PM
  1. 8,930
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Team molcule the group behind the HENkaku exploit is back again with a new update (R6) and this update's focus is on overclocking your exploited PS Vita / PSTV GPU. Which we have seen done plugins, but now the ability comes native to the exploit (henkaku) that has changed the development landscape in the community. To update, just install the exploit as your normally would (online method), for new user's with your Vita or PSTV on firmware 3.60 (only 3.60) visit the official website: https://henkaku.xyz/

View the Video Demo of GPU Overclocking to get an idea of what it can do for your device.Note that the video is using a plugin for GPU Overclocking and not the method that is now within the exploit

HENkaku_Vita_Release_6.png

• Release 6 (September 12, 2016)

• Whitelisted scePowerSetGpuClockFrequency, scePowerRequestColdReset, scePowerRequestStandby, and scePowerRegisterCallback
      • Fixed rare bug which crashes modded SceShell. There is still no PSN spoofing for modded SceShell
      • Removed “welcome” message when triggering exploit (was used for debugging and is no longer needed)

• Release 5 (September 6, 2016)

This update improves the quality of the system performance.
      • Changed how PSN spoofing is done. This should fix problems a minority of users experience regarding game saves.
      • Modded vs0:shell/shell.self is not supported.
      • Removed update blocking features as a side effect of above.
      • Update to VitaShell 0.91. This is the last VitaShell update bundled into HENkaku. Please use VitaShell’s built in network update feature to update VitaShell as a standalone component.
      Release 4 (August 30, 2016)

• Fixed issue where YouTube website did not work
      • Added support for PSTV and Vita Slim internal storage
      • Updated to VitaShell 0.86
      Release 3 (August 27, 2016)

• PSN spoofing: You can access PSN without updating to 3.61!
      • Safe homebrew support: Developers can optionally mark their homebrews as “safe” and it will not gain restricted API access. We highly recommend developers who are not using such features to update their packages as safe.
      • VitaShell 0.8: Read the release notes from The_FloW for the list of changes to VitaShell.
      • Version string: A callback to the PSP days where every hack would change the system version string. We do that too now (see the screenshot) so we can provide better support to our users.
      • Update blocking: In HENkaku mode, firmware updates using the official servers are blocked. That way you won’t accidentally install 3.61 and it won’t download in the background regardless of your settings.
      Release 2 (August 4, 2016)

• Dynarec support: Developers can generate ARM code and execute it directly. This aids in JIT engines for emulators.
      • Offline installer: HENkaku can now run without a network connection thanks to work by xyz. He also made a nice writeup that you should check out if you’re interested in the technical details.
      • VitaShell 0.7: When we originally released HENkaku, we forked VitaShell to molecularShell because we didn’t want to spend too much time writing our own file manager. Thanks to The_FloW, our changes have been merged to the official VitaShell codebase and we no longer need molecularShell. This release had added many new features and bug fixes to the shell.
      Release 1 (July 29, 2016)

• First release

• Note This is done with a plugin and not via the exploit but same concept in terms of this video.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 12, 2016.

1. pinky
      pinky
      is it me or is the henkaku hack more stable now? the past few times I've used henkaku it was triggered on first attempt.
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I noticed that as well. It runs everytime the first time. Even the BETA yifanlu released this morning. But man it makes a WORLD of a difference especially in Borderlands, God of War, Resistance and Soul Sacrifice Delta. The last one made a truly amazing game just AMAZING.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @STLcardsWS not sure if you got it right or I misread but you still must use the Better Amphetamine plugin MOD to take advantage of this upgrade. It isn't useable directly with just the exploit. They were using the older build of HENkaku which allowed the overclocking. The article to me sounds like it's being implied that just the HENkaku allows for the games to be automatically overclocked.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    4. pinky
      pinky
      I think henkaku is like the wii-u hack in which data is forced into memory, and the fact that it fails sometimes, or at least did, is due to what the system is doing at that given time. that's the explanation of the wii-u, which as I said, seems similar. the wii-u hack is now at close to if not 100% stable. maybe the henkaku hack has reached the same stability.
      Fuzion9 and atreyu187 like this.
    5. Fuzion9
      Fuzion9
      Yeah Henkaku has defo improved. I get it first time every time now. With the regards to overclocking does it affect the battery life?
    6. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Of course it affect. Nothing for free :p Unless you are PSTV user :D