PS VITA / PS TV Henkaku release 4 - Internal storage support and more

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Aug 31, 2016.

By kozarovv on Aug 31, 2016 at 3:57 AM
  1. 7,663
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Team molecule is here with another update to their henkaku homebrew enabler. Yifan Lu one of henkaku developers twitted about that minor update. But it is really only minor update? No, is huge update that give you ability to test out henkaku without memory card on Vita an PSTV with build-in 1GB storage. 1GB is enough to keep most homebrew and emulators, so now you can start your henkaku journey without expensive memory cards. And later decide that you need to pay Sony for overpriced memory card or 1GB is enough for you.

71BZhCrPUSL._SL1500_.jpg

• If you are using the offline installer and wish to update HENkaku, you must first install HENkaku again using the online installer (this website). Next, while still connected to the internet, run the offline installer bubble (not Email) and install the payload again.

Release 4 (August 30, 2016)

• Fixed issue where YouTube did not work
      • Added support for PSTV and Vita Slim internal storage
      • Updated to VitaShell 0.86

• Release 3 (August 27, 2016)

• PSN spoofing: You can access PSN without updating to 3.61! Please continue reading for some important notes.
      • Safe homebrew support: Developers can optionally mark their homebrews as “safe” and it will not gain restricted API access. We highly recommend developers who are not using such features to update their packages as safe.
      • VitaShell 0.8: Read the release notes from The_FloW for the list of changes to VitaShell.
      • Version string: A callback to the PSP days where every hack would change the system version string. We do that too now (see the screenshot) so we can provide better support to our users.
      • Update blocking: In HENkaku mode, firmware updates using the official servers are blocked. That way you won’t accidentally install 3.61 and it won’t download in the background regardless of your settings.
      Release 2 (August 4, 2016)

• Dynarec support: Developers can generate ARM code and execute it directly. This aids in JIT engines for emulators.
      • Offline installer: HENkaku can now run without a network connection thanks to work by xyz. He also made a nice writeup that you should check out if you’re interested in the technical details.
      • VitaShell 0.7: When we originally released HENkaku, we forked VitaShell to molecularShell because we didn’t want to spend too much time writing our own file manager. Thanks to The_FloW, our changes have been merged to the official VitaShell codebase and we no longer need molecularShell. This release had added many new features and bug fixes to the shell.
      Release 1 (July 29, 2016)

• First release

• List of models with 1GB internal storage:

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Aug 31, 2016.

1. stussy
      stussy
      just ordered a new ps tv from uk what are the chances of it being below 3.61 ?
      already have a 3.18 vita with teken and patapon 2 exploit really want to keep
      it on 3.18 and use ps tv on 3.60 henkaku
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      PSTV are not produced anymore (for JP, not sure about rest of world), latest firmware when out of factory was 3.36. Anyway if is not refubrished then 99% is under 3.60.
      STLcardsWS and stussy like this.
    3. stussy
      stussy
      kozarovv likes this.
    4. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Is 72 U.S dollars?! Damn i paid for mine 20$
    5. stussy
      stussy
      lol everyone else wants over $200
      also used a $20 voucher of ebay brought it down to $76
      wich is 57.20 USD

only thing i hate to look out for are the memory cards :(
    6. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Im assuming with the level of access devs have to the system, it should be easy enough enough to patch RAM to redirect the memory card to the USB?

PlayStation TVs cost about $100 here (65 Sterling), Im still going to buy a few though.
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      In theory yes, but i'm not sure there is a mount point already to just simple "redirect".

Wow, look that i'm lucky here about PSTV pricing. 50$ is absolute maximum here. Median price is ~35-40$
    8. stussy
      stussy

well if henkaku becomes more open with homebrew and like a usb loader them ps tv will sure sky rocket
    9. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Yeah probably not that simple, but as you can update firmware from USB sticks similar to PS3 should be doable, it means the OS can see the USB at least.

I did mean new. They can be got for around 30-50Euro 2nd hand.
    10. Berion
      Berion
      This would be awesome! No more proprietary junk memory card, and normal access on external devices (btw what is a fs on vita? UFS2? custom exFAT like on game vita cards, someone know?) without worry of dying media (and some day replaceable media).
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Berion likes this.
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      So glad I grabbed all these PSTV systems for so cheap. Well all but my launch day that ran me $130 but came with an 8gb card, two games and a DS3
      bitsbubba likes this.
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I hope they find a way to let us use internal storage and memory cards at once, I mean in the Vita world every gig counts. Then USB storage for the PSTV LOL
      bitsbubba likes this.
    14. Death_Dealer
      Death_Dealer
      OMG SO STOKED, im hackin my vita right now:D
      kozarovv, DeViL303 and pinky like this.
    15. pinky
      pinky
      I just updated my vita to 3.60 and installed henkaku. :)
      Death_Dealer, kozarovv and DeViL303 like this.
    16. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      [​IMG]
    17. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      Unfortunately My Vita is 3.61 but my PSTV is 3.60 :)
      pinky and kozarovv like this.
    18. Death_Dealer
      Death_Dealer
      Im hacked!!! ^_^ thanks so much team molecule:)
      bitsbubba, pinky and kozarovv like this.
    19. pinky
      pinky
      I think I've figured out a new nickname for @kozarovv . "the great and powerful koz."
      bitsbubba likes this.