1. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Oh my.. o_O I'm sure i'll learn all this later.. :p And his Avatar is adorable! xD I also just saw Carmelita in the cutscenes.. Oh my word! I hope they make a new Sly or at least re-make them for newer platforms (PC please!) haha..

Have to say i'm impressed with RPCS3 now, for a laugh was running it as you may have gathered with Sly: Thieves in Time.. It crashed out on the first mission towards the end of the Murray part.. but after a couple of updates, just now, thought i'd run it again.. Loaded from pretty much where it died, allowed me to complete the mission and end up back at base, able to buy stuff from ThiefNet.. Although the settings i changed helped the most, using Vulkan and also telling it to autoload libraries instead of just lv2 stuff.. Otherwise graphics were a little glitchy but now? All that has gone and the framerate has doubled, though CPU load is higher than before! Just a shame it's barely using my GPU, impressively it's going above 45fps and even hitting 70+ (at 720p Windowed) :o

2. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

RPCS3 running..

RPCS3.png

DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    On there site there is a full list of working and non working games on this emulator, plus it lists the issue's with games that are partialy working.

4. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

o_O i know that.. It even tells me on the menu xD i'm just a-tinkerin'! Strangely it seems the sound on my real PS3 has screwed up and doesn't play voices or anything besides ambient yet is all there in the Emu...heh, go figure xD never really been a console gamer or even a fan unless hacked/for specific games not available on PC etc.. I miss the good old days lol

I wonder if the debug logs would be of any use to the Devs with me poking around? Haha..

5. 1,239
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Just had a quick check on eBay and you can get it for just under a fiver with game booklet, map(?) and box. For £2 you can get just the disc in a plastic wallet lol

dazzaXx likes this.
  6. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

Welcome :D

It's exremely inefficent to program an emulator to use only the CPU,
    While the CPU is multi purpose and can be used to render graphics,
    The GPU was specifically designed to handle such workloads therefore is way more efficent for this purpose.
    Using the GPU will increase the performance significantly.

An idle GPU but fully loaded CPU at the same time is just silly.

They do amazing work but really should fully utilize the GPU.

7. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Will you quit stating the obvious already?! xD

I am surprised the Vulkan and OpenGL plugins don't seem to actually give my GPU much work to do though.. Or i could be missing something, but i'm fairly sure a 1080 Ti can accelerate those things.. lol

It does seem to be offloading some functions to the GPU, but seems that most RSX rendering is done on the CPU.. Fairly interesting to watch it work though! Almost half the games already working after just a few years.. I don't even think PCSX2 can play every game yet, can it?

Artemis is being a dick on my PS3 though, always the case for me xD i probably missed something but as far as i know i'm doing it right o.o

DeViL303 likes this.
  8. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

What is obvious to you and me isn't always obvious to others.

PCSX2 can play almost all games,in every matured emulator there will always be a game that is just not working,100% is impossible even on $ony's own consoles.

And with RPCS3 i get the same GPU utilization as you,while my GPU isn't as powerful,
    It's still kicking ass i am even able to run Assassin's Creed Odyssey on 1440p Low-Medium settings at 45 FPS average,
    On 1080p i run all games no problem with at least medium settings at the worst case scenario.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  9. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

10. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Thanks.. ^^ I've already taken a look at that but i guess i'll try again.. I seem to be doing everything the right way with the right steps so perhaps it's due to me using an older CFW and version of webMAN etc..? 'Start game' just drops me back to the XMB, i must have missed something but..could be my dodgy PS3 lol o_O

11. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Ah, i don't get the pop-up.. After tinkering though...just got the pop-up! Weird, didn't work last night.. o_O Hmm.. I guess i was doing it right then lol my temperatures got worse however, 74/56 CPU/RSX respectively at 45%.. Hmm.. Time for the bin to get a new treat ^^ hehe

Edit: scratch that, cheats haven't taken effect.. Ugh.. I miss the time when using cheat codes was easy lol

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  12. 2,652
    Cypher_CG89

If am reading this right then defo missing something.... start game in this app does not mean start game. Mount you game with webman but don't luanch it, then enter the app, select your cheats press start game, your PS3 will beep and return to the XMB, the beep means the app has been loaded into the PS3's memory and is ready to use.

Then start you game and you will see a notification in the top right hand side of the screen, "Artimus: Press Start to attach" then you would press the PS button on your controller to bring up the in game XMB and press and hold start till you see " Attached and written" appear in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Then what I wrote in the other thread I lnked comes into play about when to attach the cheats as if done when the PS3 is under load it can crash the game> eg when the game is loading something or during cutseens in games.

Not all the cheats in there have been tested and some dont work at all, its dependant on the cheat version and game update version installed, if you have all the latest game updates installed then I can gaurentee you they won't work.

The v1.13 next to the cheats indicates that this works with game update version v1.13, some have AV1.00 or 1.10 these are alternat version of cheats.

I have no isuues using this app. Works everytime for me, though I have found a few cheats that do not work at all on certain games, then checking for myself in the games memeory the loactions in memory have no clue as to why they thought tit would work in the first place as it nowhere near where it should be.

That is a massive difference in the temps, they shouild be within a few degrees of each other, and the RSX tends to run abit hotter than the CELL normally, so the damage you have described to heatsink is have a major impact on the CELL temps, it can handle these temps but its still no good to such a massive variance in them. The heatsink need fixing or replacing.

13. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Figured as much about the heatsink.. Sadly i got it this way, i've had it since maybe the start of Feb 2017 and it's mostly just sat in my AV center doing very little.. Phat PS3 died -years- ago lol I did keep saying it was fecked :P I also probably need to update the CFW but..i don't even want to risk slightly bricking it xD though from what i gather updating your CFW when you're all Jailbroken and stuff is somewhat easier? Bigger HDD would have helped me use it more though, PS3 games take up so much space compared to like, every other platform xD a measly 250GB HDD..oof.

I'm well aware of some regional problems with game codes too, happens on pretty much every platform most of the time. Plus you say some just don't work? Hmm.. Seems a waste of time then, it's more hit and miss than cheating on the PS2! xD what a waste of time and code.. I mean it isn't even made very well from an interface standpoint, awfully clunky and user unfriendly, isn't it? I could look around for cheat codes but..honestly every time there's something seemingly simple it turns out to be a chore just to get a few cheats in a game i'll barely play and have completed before.. Only wanted a little fun but all this rubbish to lead up to it kinda takes the novelty and the joy out of it ya know? If only someone would port Cheat Engine to the PS3 haha! Typical Sony consoles..have to say MS consoles win on being user friendly and being able to cheat, at least.. And taking less HDD space for the same games.. And loading faster.. *cough* anyway..

I can't even believe the CPU is that fragile.. If it is IBM silicon, then Sony must have really scrimped on the cost lol! Which doesn't surprise me.. Although the hot weather isn't helping much, 45% fan speed and my CPU sat at 74 idle is far too much.. I also assume the temp delta is partly to do with the fact that the RSX is closest to the fan, isn't it? And i thought the design of the Phat PS3 was hilarious, big old heatsink and fan elaboratenessness...slowing down the YLoD event so you're out of warranty.. This is just...ugh! As much as i dislike Sony at times i didn't realise they were quite -this- bad! The heatsink doesn't look like it's been damaged by anyone opening the console though so it's likely from the factory..

Guess i gotta strip it down.. Again.. I'm not spending money on it xD i'll have a better chance hacking the Phat Nand system i just got at this rate! I have a Teensy2.0++ so..maybe do-able? Min ver is 1.00, that made me laugh.. Sucks it's on 4.00 though!

And Vishera, the guy with the same name as his CPU's core codename (xD) stop being an AMD fanboi over there.. Considering my GPU won't even go to base 3D clock running RPCS3 unless i force it to using MDPS can't really do a direct comparison.. Low-med and med-high at those resolutions isn't surprising for a GPU of that age, not to mention that you're probably using way more power than i am xD haven't had most of this system that long though, the base isn't even a year old yet, had the GPU maybe 18 months or so.. Hell, back when i couldn't afford much for a while, i was rocking a HD5870 in CrossFire then just single as CF/SLi started to suck for like 4 years, having to play GTAV on low.. Ugh xD

14. 571
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

Lol, a woman came and everyone on the forum is in a frenzy, just ......>[​IMG]

15. 31
    Chaos Husky

Chaos Husky Forum Noob

Huh? They are? o_O Where xD i see no frenzy... I'm the one in a frenzy with this piece of poo darn PS3 i have being an absolute butt lol!

16. 571
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

You talking about ps3 or RPCS3? PS3 is a piece of shit? LOL

17. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

I can't help it i really like my CPU :D
    The multithreaded performance is very nice even today,I can game with chrome youtube and 30 tabs open in the same time without reaching 60% of CPU usage (as long as i don't play Assassin's Creed Odyssey,where it reaches 80% on it's own).

Considering my dinosaur system is performing that much,even outperforming the gtx 1050 Ti,it's pretty nice.
    I run GTA V on high settings 50 FPS :P

To upgrade your CFW just install the pup and update the homebrews you have installed,that's it.

18. 211
    Vishera

Vishera Member

I really like my PS3...
    The launch models are well built with 4 USB slots,SD card reader and full backwards compability.

19. 571
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

hmm Cheat Engine you say, Artemis is something similar but not as advanced as CE but you can add cheats :P

20. 571
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

My PS3 is main entertainment center in the house next to the ps4. Tooo many test and cfw's... and other things