Hmmmm... what is this all about?

Discussion in 'General PS2 Discussion' started by imkira3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. 283
    ElGris

ElGris Member

PSX means PS Fat for every gamer that used that console, even japaneses I believe. Then the slim model, PSone, was released but no one calls a PS "PS one", not even slim models. The name PSX is the proto, and the unique name for this model, it was like that, and it's gonna be like that, forever.

Nope, Sony never needed to call the PS with that name, only on development stages, and that's why the name is legendary.

2. 7,074
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Or the lord of the rings, but thats superproductions where they was confident that it was going to be a success
    The norm is to dont do it because you are not sure if there is going to be a sequel

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  3. 1,388
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Since Nintendo dropped SONY, the "SNES Playstation" was running under "Project-PSX (PlayStation X)" in 1992-1993 (AFAIR).

There actually is no "Playstation 1", but only the "PlayStation" (caps P and caps S) and the "PSOne"! ;)

PSX is the JAP (only AFAIR) PS2 DVR!

"PSX" became synonymous with the "PS(1)", due to pultiple magazines and other related sources referring to the PS as "PSX" since they knew about the project!!! ;)

You are misunderstanding the "x" in the scenes websites tho'! That "x" refers to the console-release! PS(1/X), PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, etc.!
    PSX-Scene was PS2-Scene for quite a while and PSX-place was founded around PS-release and with the same logic in mind! ;)

Btw:
    Even though @Cypher_CG89 often wants to be right, when he is wrong and has to cry "for F%$# sake", if he doesn't get total obedience :-p (I am kidding with that last part, lol.), HE IS RIGHT ABOUT THE FOLLOWING!
    ...so if someone prefers using that, we can just ask them to clarify it, if the users did not clarify it before!

Good example about Star Wars (lol), but the series was already written before the movie was created, thus it is not "hypothetical" but "pre-planned" and I think @sandungas has a point there.

4. 1,765
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  5. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    PSX was never an official designation for the PlayStation or PSOne Consoles, the original PlayStation is simply called PlayStation or PSOne, the community just came with that name back in 1994 as the PlayStationX, due to the codename prototype at the time at SCE, although the PSX Brand is correctly designated for the PSX DVR that was only released in Japan, very rare machines nowadays, and interesting pieces, never was made and built by Sony Computer Entertainment, but rather Sony Music Entertainment, the PlayStation2 Hardware was a last minute decision that the SME made, originally the machine was just suppose to be a Media Center DVR Machine, PlayStation2 Hardware was never the first choice, this is the only Sony Device to bear the name PSX officially.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

6. 7
    wk1207

wk1207 Forum Noob

Back in the days me and friends always called the PS1 original either Playstation or sometimes PSX and the slim model we called Playstation 1 or PS1. I guess later we learned about the fat version being PS1 and the slim version PSOne.
    Nowaday I guess the are both PS1/PSX to me.

Thats my 5 cents. Interesting topic this is.