Horizon modding tool

Discussion in 'XBOX 360' started by Spawn, Aug 15, 2018.

1. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Came across this little program when browsing the net and got curious.

I read a bit about it and there's a lot of warnings about unlocking achievement and stuff, due to risk of getting banned.

Now I began to dig deeper into the subject, but it seems I'm falling short.

I have a theory, that one could make an offline profile and unlock achievements, thus getting access to ie new skins and content.. However I can't find any info on the subject.

I'm no MP gamer, so for me unlocking content earned by MP achievements is out of the question.
    I have no issue making a dummy profile, but I don't want to risk M$ banning my console or anything.

Anyone here that knows more about the subject?

2. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I doubt that they'd ban the console. you can freely mod a profile without having a jtag, even without having a flashed drive. you just need a transfer cable or one of those devices to read memory cards (does the slim even still have slots for them? :-p). I was caught modding my profile, mostly unlocking achievements. that got my gamerscore reset to 0 without the ability to unlock those same achievements. I think achievements and unlockables are in files called gpd . I'm assuming this is how they can block off certain achievements if caught cheating. I did change my account name as well, but that was after owning a jtag. that would be modifiable in the same way with an app like modio or le fluffie app. be warned though, there's a fake version of modio out there. iirc, the real one doesn't ask to be installed.

Spawn likes this.
  3. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

But if I don't have the profiler connected to Live, then they shouldn't be able to reset or lock it, no?

I just wanted to unlock the skins in-game that requires you to play multiplayer modes, since I don't want to play against other people.

Don't know what you mean by transfer cable and/or memcard reader. I read that all you need is a USB drive and the program itself.

Ah well, I'll create a dummy profile and give it a shot. Worst case scenario; it won't work. At least I'll still have my real profile unscathed. ;)

4. 10,230
    pinky

I've never tried using a usb drive. when I said transfer cable, I meant the official cable.

I don't see how they could ban you if you were offline. you might have your gamerscrore reset to 0 if you sign in though. this is usually a problem due to timestamps. the apps to unlock achievements do this very poorly. you may be able to change them manually. when I was unlocking achievements, it didn't have this option. using a dummy account is what a lot of jtag owners with more than one system use. I've never bothered since I only have one system plugged in at a time, and I rarely play the thing. :)

5. 10,230
    pinky

I forgot to mention that profiles are in the 0000000000000000 folder on the root of the internal hdd. I'm not sure if they're in the same location on an external hdd. I did test this, but on external hdd, it was encrypted. I didn't know you could use an app for this, 'cause when I did my modifications, it was before the 16xxx update that allowed up to 2TB external hdd support (where is this on the ps3, sony!?). you can see if a profile is deleted by going to that location. you might see several folders in there with one being for dlc and updates. imo, the hdd content is not nearly as confusing as the ps3's. lol