PS3 How can i jailbreak or downgradge from 4.84 ?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by UnknownXD, Feb 23, 2019.

1. 4
    UnknownXD

UnknownXD Forum Noob

Hello everyone im noob on Hacking a ps3 i wHat sHould i do sHould i downgrade or do sometHing else ? (H key is broken so i copied letter H)

2. 3,577
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Depends on what model PS3 you have as to what you can do with it " CECH****? ".

All Phat Model PS3's are CFW compatible, PS3 Slims CECH2000 are CFW compatible up to certain CECH2500's below a certain date code, some don't have date codes but rather manufacturing dates.

These CECH2500's are best checked with " MinVerCheck " to determine the PS3's minimum down-gradable " Factory FW Version " especially if the date code is 1A. This needs to be 3.56 and below, if the minimum version is above this then it is not CFW compatible and would brick the console if you tried to downgrade and install CFW on them.

And as you are on the latest OFW you would not be able to use HAN. Which is for " Non CFW Compatible " PS3's.

If your PS3 is CFW compatible then at the minute your would need to use a " Hardware Flasher " to install CFW on your PS3 and depending on if your PS3 is NAND or NOR you would get the appropriate Hardware flasher for this.

NAND - " Phats " CECHA - CECHG = Teensey
    NOR - " Phats " CECHH - CECHQ = E3
    NOR - " Slims " - All of them = E3

So the first thing is your PS3's Model... then take it from there....

3. 4
    UnknownXD

UnknownXD Forum Noob

cech-3004b (slim)

4. 3,577
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    That's a Non CFW compatible PS3 Slim, and as your on 4.84 OFW you cannot use HAN.

You do have one option, and that is backup injection of games. But to do this you need either a PS3 on CFW or a BD Drive in you PC that can read and rip the PS3 game disc's. Only games that are CFW2OFW compatible will work as they need converting.

5. 4
    UnknownXD

UnknownXD Forum Noob

thanks i have cd drive on my pc and ps3

6. 3,577
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Is it a BD ROM drive in your PC? Can you play Bluray movies in it? If you can then you need to google if your drive can read PS3 BD ROM disc's as just because they can play BD movies don't mean it will read the PS3 disc's. Or you can always just try the disc's.

Also if it is able to read the disc's then Aldo's PS3 Tool Collection has an app for ripping PS3 discs on a PC. This can be found in the resources section of this site.

7. 4
    UnknownXD

UnknownXD Forum Noob

it can read

8. 3,577
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Then you will at least be able to inject backups into your PS3, but this is a lengthy process that involves converting the game and then injecting them into a system backup then restoring that Backup to the PS3. The more game's you inject the longer it will take.

9. 1,902
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    The only way to play Games at the moment for 4.83 OFW & 4.84 OFW is backup injection use lm7 injector but first you must have disc games that have an official Update for the NPDRM Eboot signed by s#ny and check the Compatibilty list in CFW2OFW List wiki
    cause there are many games ps3 which are : ( ps1 classic,ps2 classic,psp remaster,ps3 PSN games ,DLCs ) you can't use them on 4.83,4.84 cause those need HAN Fake Sign to run meaning HAN Signed games or dlcs works only on 4.81 and 4.82 as you know
    and in order to inject CFW games (BlueRay games not NPXX one) you must convert them using CFW2OFW Helper or PS3GameConvert v0.91 CFW2OFW Helper do all by him self (downloading updates,checking SHA-1,converting game,and copy eboot from update to game folder) after that there will be to folder for update ( BLES or BLUS or BCES or BCUS or BLJM...) and for the game folder (NPEB or NPEA or NPUB or NPUA or NPJM...) then copy the two foldes to inject/dev_hdd0/game/ " the inject folder create automaticy by lm7 injector when you open it so put your converted game or games their to begin inject operations " and if you face any problems pm me or send a pm in facebook