Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

How can I take a game folder and convert it to ISO for hen?

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Levistobeavis, Jun 5, 2019.

1. 2
    Levistobeavis

Levistobeavis Forum Noob

Hello,

I have a game folder rip (PS3_Game, PS3_update, and PS3_DISC.SFB)

Is there a tutorial on what I can do with these files to make them into an ISO playable on HEN (Webmanmod, MultiMan, etc.?)

I have the PS3 iso tool that I used, but when I move it to my ps3 and try to play it, it gives me an error, I just feel like I'm doing something wrong,

2. 114
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

3. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

PS3 ISO Tools has worked great for me so far. Of everything I've tested, only one game still has a black screen and I'm assuming it's because I have a bad rip.

You want to leave all the settings default basically and tick the "makeps3iso" option. Conversion process is pretty quick too, least for me and I have slow ass potatoes lol.

I use FTP and copy the ISO to the dev_hdd0/PS3ISO folder. Using direct ethernet from a laptop to my ps3, the transfer rate I get fluctuates around 10 - 11mb/s. Took me less than an hour to copy 20+gb ISO's. Once copied, launch the ISO with your homebrew of choice. I use multiman for simplicity's sake.

4. 1,079
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

something is wrong with your network setup,maybe cat5 cable (not ca5e or greater),ps3's lan is capable of about 22-23mb/s when uploading to ps3 and a little more when downloading from.check your setup and there's no need and benefit of using direct connection,just connect ps3 to a same router as device you want to ftp the files from with cat5e or greater cable.

5. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Think it's my network cable then, idrk I've heard of people getting 20+mb transfer speed but the best I've gotten is around 11mb/s. I have an interesting network setup, very unorthodox so I just plug the ethernet into a laptop and then to my ps3. It's a Belkin cat5e network patch cable that I use.

6. 169
    montcer

montcer Member

Just FYI, with webman MOD you can just place the extracted in the hdd0/PS3ISO patch, and the mod should recognize it.

I tried it with Monkey Island and worked.

7. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    How old is your potatoe laptop?
    You may have an older 100mb ethenet card/port.

Have you set your Ps3 up for full 1gb connection?
    Not sure this is strictly necessary. Manually setup a wired connection. When it asks, set to maximum speed.
    I think this sets itself though when using gigabit lan/cable etc....

Major_Pothead92 and Algol like this.
  8. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I bought this one in 2012 lol, think it was manufactured before that. It's a Toshiba Satellite C655 with an outstanding amd e-350 lol. Not sure if the Ps3 is setup for a full 1gb connection, I just left the settings default there for the most part. Not sure about the ethernet port, I dual boot Debian and Win7. In Network Manager on Debian there's an option for Link Negotiation. I left it set on Automatic / 100Mb/s but there's an option to set it Manual && take it all the way up to 10GB/s (???) so I might try that next time I do a transfer and see what happens. If it doesn't change anything, I'm happy with the 11Mb/s transfer rate lol. Definitely beats doing it over WiFi.

This is my ethernet controller. Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 v2.0 Fast Ethernet

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  9. 627
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Just googled your ethernet adaptor and it does do 1000mb (1gb), so deffo play with some setting in your ftp client

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  10. 40
    aakkkyyy

aakkkyyy Member

There are many conversion tools, such as genps3iso 3k3y tool e3 iso tool PS3 isot ool, PS3 can also use mm iris, these tools Google can find