How do i get started with Homebrew Development?

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by StarmanX32, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:41 PM.

1. 7
    StarmanX32

StarmanX32 Forum Noob

Hi, everyone. I'm really impressed by the homebrew developer scene and i would like to jump in the world of PS3 Homebrew Development. The problem is, it is (for me atleast) complicated to start, like, how do i create PKGs as example? I've made Sprx mod menus previously for my personal use, so, learning C/C++ isn't the problem. The lack of documentation on the internet is the problem which means i'm pretty much limited to Sprx mod menu development, also it seems like that many Homebrew Devs use PSDKv2 to create their homebrews, i use Sony SDK v4.75 VS 2013, i tried to install PSDKv2, but when i translated estwald's tutorial on how to install, it was highly confusing and i gave up at the end..

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

2. 3,087
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    That's quite simple to install tbh, though it did drive me around the bend for a while as well lol.

Everything is pre-compiled for you> Download PSDK3v2 place on the root of your C:\, unzip MinGW and ps3dev into the same folder they are in, eg > extract to ps3dev folder etc, then add the PSDK3v2 folder to your environmental variables.

Then I normally add shortcuts to msys> one on the desktop which the target should be :

C:\PSDK3v2\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat -norxvt

and you should be good to go. As far as I remember this is all I did and it works for me, but I have CYGWN, PS3 SDK and all sorts of other Dev stuff installed so I might have forgot something.

StarmanX32 likes this.