Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

How do I properly flash 4.84.2 HFW?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Yeett, May 1, 2019.

1. 6
    Yeett

Yeett Member

I may have posted this in the wrong place, im a freaking newb at all of this stuff. My question is are the 4.84 and 4.84.2 hex/484 flash files interchangeable? If not, where can i find the correct files for the more recent version of the 4.84.2 Hybrid fiemware? I may have gotten this all wrong, but i dont want to risk my ps3

2. 1,403
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

First of all, have you already installed HFW? If not, you can get it (HFW 4.84.2) from here.

Next, what model is your PS3; phat, slim, model number? This is important before you look at flashing your console as you need to determine whether or not your console can be jailbroken, as attempting it on non-compatible models will brick your PS3.

If it's a slim model CECH-25xxx or below, download and run MinVerChk and if you get a result of 3.56 or below then you can look at jailbreaking with the hex file you made reference to. One step at a time. :)

esc0rtd3w likes this.
  3. 6
    Yeett

Yeett Member

Okay, here we go.
    My ps3 slim is a cech model 2xxxA and has the update. How do i check that it is fully installed? Im not sure there is but i have installed it both ways and i am pretty sure it is installed. Feel free to provide further steps ifyou like. It would be much appreciated.

Edit: the minvercheck resulted with 2.70 i can run it.

Edit+: i have confirmed it has fully installed 4.84.2

Last edited: May 1, 2019