How to Block Automatic Updates on the Wii-U w/ CCProxy

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Oct 7, 2016.

1. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

One of the irritating aspects of the wii-u is that it updates automatically. Here's a tutorial on how to bypass that.

• Download ccproxy from its official website.

• Open ccproxy and click on options to check the http port being used. You may change the port if you wish, but I left it at 808 to prevent any conflicts.

• Close the options menu, and click on account.

• In the permit category section, make sure it says permit only. For auth type, select mac address.

• Now, click on web filter.

• Select new. Now, name the web filter. Make sure site filter and forbidden sites is selected. In the box below, copy and paste this:

Code:
      cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net;*.cdn.shop.wii.com;*.wup.shop.nintendo.net;*.c.shop.nintendowifi.net;*.deploy.s
      These are the nintendo update servers. Select save and close web filter..

• Now, you should still be in the account tab. Select new.

• Name your new account. Type in the mac address of your wii-u (mac sure mac address/host name is enabled). Check web filter. Select the web filter that you created. Now, click save and ok to close the new account.

• On your wii-u, select internet connections in the system settings tab. Select the default options until you get to proxy. In the proxy section, select use. Now, type in the ip address of your computer. You can find this by going into command prompt and typing

Code:
      ipconfig /all
      Next, select the port that you created in the options section.

• Now, test if it worked by looking at the download notifications section of the home menu. It should say not downloads finished downloading with a red x over it. You can click on the download notification section to see that system updates have failed to download. It will say this whether or not a new system update is available. You should still be able to access the internet to use the race attack hack for loadiine, saviine, etc. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your Wii-U. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    stussy and kozarovv like this.
  2. 12,373
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I forgot to mention that u can also save a new account as group. its settings will be applied to any account u select as belongs to group (select group that was created). I have two wii-u's, and I selected that option. both r negating updates. :-p also, ur system won't be able to connect to the internet unless cc proxy is open on ur computer. I suggest pinning it to the task bar for easy access. :)