PS3 How to develop an API like CCAPI?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by CoolMAN, Aug 7, 2019.

1. 7
    CoolMAN

CoolMAN Forum Noob

Hey, guys. I know this question seems kinda dumb for some people. But i'm kinda impressed of how CCAPI does it's work. I worked quite a lot with the PS3 but only with C# and RTM... I know some C++ which is required to develop directly for the PS3. I'm interested in creating something like CCAPI... But i'm not sure how to do that or how to start.. I don't really know how to find stuff in the PS3 like VSHNotify, LED functions and make them usable.. I know some people will say "Then don't start with that". I'm only wondering how to find stuff listed above, make them usable and so on.. The only thing i've found is a SCE Documentation about Control Console Client API but this isn't also really helpful for me. For those of you who want to have that Control Console Client API.. Here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fp9917j14ed2u3h/PS3_Networking.rar/file

2. 3,175
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Hello CoolMAN! Welcome to PSX-PLACE.

CCAPI is a closed project and its source code is not publicly available.
    The developer @NzV developed a similar API for PS3, which is integrated onto webMAN MOD.

It's called PS3 Manager API or PS3MAPI... In simple terms, it's a "ftp" server adapted to receive commands from a PC client, execute them in the PS3 and return the result to a PC client.

The commands of PS3MAPI are not identical to CCAPI, but NzV developed a Fake PS3Lib.dll that translate the CCAPI commands to use PS3MAPI interface.

Additionally webMAN MOD has additional web commands for debugging, RTE/RTM and automate tasks on the PS3, that CCAPI don't offer. Despite the better features of PS3MAPI + wMM, CCAPI is more popular among the cheaters.

I suggest you to start checking the source code of webMAN MOD
    https://github.com/aldostools/webman-mod/
    https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/blob/master/include/ps3mapi.h

There you will learn how to do VSHNotify, LED functions, peek/poke, etc.
    If you're interested, you can even expand the functionality of webMAN MOD too :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    ntodek and DeViL303 like this.
  3. 7
    CoolMAN

CoolMAN Forum Noob

Thanks for your reply, hopefully one day i can help with webMAN MOD :D

I've ran into a problem with PS3MAPI, so i've said that i have knowledge in C# developing and RTMs, i've made my own PS3Lib version (called PS3Sys) and implemented PS3MAPI, when i try to connect to PS3MAPI, it denies the connection and says "Cannot connect to IPAddress:7887. The target denied the connection." I've thought i made something wrong when implementing, so i tested the demo tools, my PS3 also denies the connection from it :( I've turned the anti virus off and still not working...

ntodek likes this.
  4. 3,175
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

7887 is the port of the PS3MAPI server on the PS3. You must have webMAN MOD running and PS3MAPI enabled in /setup.ps3 and reboot after enable it (only needed the first time).

PS3MAPI server is integrated into webMAN MOD.

5. 7
    CoolMAN

CoolMAN Forum Noob

Fixed it, thanks :D