How to download game data on jailbroken ps3

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by complex_guy`, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 8
    complex_guy`

complex_guy` Forum Noob

Hi, everyone. I recently got a used ps3 and before that, i was never into games or anything. I jailbreaked my ps3 by watching videos from youtube. Right now i was playing Tekken 6 and it asked me to download new game data. Can i download the game data by signing in? Or do i need PsnNinja and Patch stuff? Or i have to download the update pkg from some where? I'm totally new please guide me. I've copied games from BD to internal HDD using multiman.

2. 1,393
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

You don't need to be signed in to PSN to download game update data. It's perfectly safe to do so. Also, PSNinja is outdated and has been superseded by PSNpatch and SEN Enabler.

Using either of these (but not both) can help reduce the risk of a ban, by disabling CFW syscalls and deleting history of homebrew and other damning evidence of a modified system in use. There is however no guarantee that even with using PSNpatch or SEN Enabler, that you won't get banned so you do so at your own risk, if you choose to :). Hope this helps.

3. 8
    complex_guy`

complex_guy` Forum Noob

Thank You for Your response. Sorry i got confused. You said i don,t need to signed in to PSN to Download game data? Then which sign in option the game was talking about? Sorry for sounding dumb. But I've never played games before, just getting into it for fun. I'm not talking about online gaming. I'm not looking forward to play online. At least for right now. Correct me if im wrong, PSNpatch and SEN are meant for online gaming isn't it ? or i need them too for downloading game data.

4. 12,156
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

updates are on a separate server, so you don't need to sign in.

5. 1,393
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

You don't need to sign in to PSN to download/install game updates, no. When the disc icon is highlighted in the Game column, you can press Triangle and select 'Check for Updates' and if there's one available you can download and install it without being signed in to PSN. No ban risk whatsoever. :)

I have Tekken 6 and play it quite a bit myself, so the only thing I can think of is the game prompting you to sign in to play online for leaderboards as it will update your game stats (wins/losses etc) when you're signed in to PSN. I can't say I remember the game doing that but maybe I just stopped paying attention lol

PSNpatch and SEN Enabler are used to remove the evidence of CFW being used on the system since Sony take a dim view of people using modified consoles. They allow you to sign in with relative safety, and I mean relative because there's no guarantee of safety even while taking these precautions but they will reduce the chance of a ban since it makes it harder for Sony to detect a modified console in use.

Hopefully this clears a couple of things up for you. :)

6. 8
    complex_guy`

complex_guy` Forum Noob

Yeah, Thank You So much. For such good Explanation.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  7. 1,393
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

You're very welcome :)

8. 8
    complex_guy`

complex_guy` Forum Noob

Thank You :)

9. 8
    complex_guy`

complex_guy` Forum Noob