How to load games from multiman without Disc in the drive ?

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by jumperx, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 6
    jumperx

jumperx Forum Noob

Hi,
    After jailbreaking my PS3 to Rebug 4.82 with Multiman 4.82 the games in my HDD load without a problem but i need to put a random blue ray disc in order to run the game.
    is there any way to load the game from Mutiman without a disc on the drive ?
    knowing that I already activated game setting "dbmirror" and "internal HDD"

2. 2,110
    Berion

Berion Developer

Use disc images instead of copied files from disc.

3. 2,573
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    This is strange... do do have COBRA Mode enabled in the REBUG Toolbox? I find it strange because non of my games require a disc in the drive to run, and I think only a very small percentage of games still require this to be done. As for toggling internal most of these options are redundant and don't need to be used whether the game is on internal or external HDD's. I know I have never needed to use these options regardless of whether the game was on my PS3' Internal HDD or the external HDD.

You could also use ISO format of your games which can be very handy if your just going to be playing them, but if you want to mod your games you need them in folder format as some mod require you to change files on the disc and install folders.

To create an ISO (disc image) of your game go the games column in multiman, highlight the game you want to turn to ISO and press triangle on it, and select create ISO and multiMAN will do the rest and create an ISO of your game for you.

If COBRA Mode isn't enabled MultiMAN wont load games correctly if they in folder format or just won't load them at all unless you as have the debug game '/app_home/PS3_GAME/' option enabled on the games column on the XMB of your PS3.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Coldheart2236 and jumperx like this.
  4. 6
    jumperx

jumperx Forum Noob

thanks Cypher_CG89 this was the answer I have been looking for after enabling cobra mode the games worked just fine :encouragement: