PS3 How to record PS3 screen in game?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Light_Warrior, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 106
    Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior Member

I did some research and .. saw that it's possible to record the PS3 screen using Webman? Is that correct? If so.. how??
    But it does need a capture card? I don't have any idea of what is that, and looks like PS3 already has a capture card.

Also i read something about Mysis POC Plugin, it does record too?
    Which one is better record through webman or this plugin??

Btw i have a CFW 4.84 Rebug

2. 2,539
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    There is a button combo for webMAN to begin to record in game, but it is limited to which games it can as it use's the rest of the PS3's RAM so high demeand games will crash the PS3 sa soon as you hit the combo> Don't even try to record COD games as it will crash the PS3 straight away.

There is a page on the PS3 Dev Wiki theat will tell you all of the compatible games.

No it doens't, you need and external capture card to be able to record all games or your limited to what the plugins can record. To be honest there quite cheap now.

Or if you have a PC with HDMI input on the graphics card you can record this way by using your PC as the screen itself.

3. 5,048
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

There was several versions of the mysis POC plugin that was recording video using different settings. In general have better performance than webman mostly because mysis POC plugins was smaller and have an smaller footprint in running process

Anyway, if you want to squeeze the performance of mysis POC plugins you need to unload other plugins (like webman) to make room for the video recording requirements
    Also you can disable cobra and run the POC plugin with "PRX loader"... not sure if disabling cobra s going to improve it thought

*If i remember right webman have a mode to record video where it "unloads" itself and loads a small standalone video recording plugin

Algol likes this.