How to run Games, ripped from BD

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by t0mM3k, Oct 26, 2018.

1. 5
    t0mM3k

t0mM3k Forum Noob

Hey Everybody,
    Therefore that I'm lazy af, I dont want to get up of my couch to change a gamedisc everytime.
    That's why I'd like to have my games installed on my PS3 (CFW 4.82 D-Rex Rebug).
    So I followed a Tutorial I found online:
    - install multiMAN
    - insert disc
    - select the game in multiMAN
    - copy the game to HDD

That worked so far. But now the game is only listed within multiMAN (which itself isn't a problem, but it would be better if it would be listed in XMB as well). When I try to start it from there, a black screen appears and after like 15-30seconds I'm just back in XMB. No errormessage, no multiMAN ... everything exits.
    The games work like charme when I run them from disc.

Have I missed something? Do I need to install something else for it? Or is there a setting that I forgot?
    Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. 6,088
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

To have the PS3 backups (in ISO or JB format) displayed on main XMB you should use webman or sman (plugins), or managunz with the option to "create a shorcut PKG"

3. 66
    jetuaime81

jetuaime81 Member

I try to minimize the use of apps. I use my ps3 only to play games and all i have installed is irisman (i use this because it supports native ntfs) and use rebug (because of builtin webman).

I use irisman to copy games from disc, usb etc. For launching i use webman. It doesnt appear directly under games but you dont need to open any manager. Webman has fan control as well.

I have used only rebug, for other CFW, webman can be installed seperately if it is not builtin.

4. 1,430
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Do you see an item on the XMB under Games called 'webMAN Games'? If not, it's not already installed. I don't think webMAN is built in to Rebug on 4.82, but I could be wrong. webMAN MOD is a plugin which starts when the console boots; it is the most streamlined way of running backups as it does so within the XMB without the need to launch any homebrew application.

You need to toggle Cobra mode on in Rebug Toolbox in order for it to work, and Cobra is required for mounting and playing ISO backups.

5. 6,088
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Well, i used iris for lot of time, and still use it to create backups from original discs, and to play them i use managunz
    I dont care in spending a few seconds entering in managunz to "mount" the game

Having lot of icons in XMB initially could look cool, but it has paybacks
    -Overcomplicates how things works internally
    -Creates lag in XMB

Actually... the "XMB ingame" is laggy by design, even in official firmwares with just a few stuff installed
    I love the design of the XMB... but i know it has some limitations :)
    ...and this is why i never used webman

6. 5
    t0mM3k

t0mM3k Forum Noob

Hey Guys, thanks for your hints.
    first of all: I didn't realized, that after multiMAN "exits", that the Game is mounted and playable :)

Does XMB only becomes laggy when there are a lot of games listed? Because I once saw it somewhere, where in XMB under Games, there was a folder called "PS3 Games" or similar. And within this folder all installed (pkg) games where listed. So I thought, that this maybe wouldn't overwstrain XMB?! ;)
    I think that was a feature of webMAN as well. Would you recommend that?
    I'm already happy that it works with mounting the Game :)