How to run World of Final Fantasy on the PSTV with HENkaku

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by atreyu187, Oct 22, 2016.

1. 4,368
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    CvOytBXUsAISmy6.jpg

So if you are like me and prefer to play on your HDTV over the small but gorgeous OLED screen of the Vita you may hit a road block running for the first time. I figured I would post how I finally got this to run for me last night. I had both whitelist enabled but still no dice. It refused to boot so here are the requirements to play this game.

WoFF cartridge, PSN version req. 3.61

3.60 firmware

Standard vanilla CEX shell (PixelButts, Silica Pina or my "blended" DEX shell release of both of their work combined will refuse to boot the game. It is easiest way to revert back is to use this guide written by our very own Super mod @kozarovv to get back the basic 3.60 firmware. It will ensure no errors happen to vs0:/ which would force a format. This does remove the trophy unlock as well as DEX CMA or PKG Installer. I also suggest installing and running Vita Fix Permissions prior to this to ensure you do not get an error from installing and using DEX shell or memcardswap v1.2 prior)

HENkaku v6

MaiDumpTool 233.2v2EX (to install and dump your game as well as set proper mode to boot)

Compatibility mode 3 must be used (this means no DLC support till a new mode is added by MaiDump dev, which sucks as the DLC is inside the eboot.bin already but not useable)

Whitelist v1 (.dat) **MUST be installed prior to running/dumping game for the first time**

Whitelist v2 (app.db mod) ** Same as above must be enabled prior to first dump/run of cartridge**

** Side Note **

Now for those looking to unlock the armor on the PSTV/Vita version after beating the demo on the PS4. You MUST have PS+ to do this. First complete the demo on your system. Then upload your save to the PS+ cloud storage on the PS4. Get WoFF up and running on your Vita/PSTV then in the Live area go to your cloud and download the completed save to unlock the special armor. It will finally be unlocked at this point.

So now when your cart comes in or you decide to buy it you can be ready to play right away.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. 1,851
    Berion

Berion Developer

Thanks for nice tutorial.
    But all this voodoo successfully discourage me to buy this game. :|

3. 4,368
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:

Well if you want to just play from cart a good portion of it isn't needed. And if you haven't highly modified your system to add DEX features a lot isn't needed. The rest most already have done to their systems prior to this game. This is just a comprehensive all-in-one so one doesn't have to put together pieces of the puzzle. It also isn't meant to be ran on 3.60 but on 3.61 so we gotta "pay to play" so to speak. Not as bad as the PS3 3.60 DEX days to play newer games.

4. 1,851
    Berion

Berion Developer

I have been on dex convert to even 4.21 times (as I remember ps3ita made great CFW). For most of time on DEX OFW and when I needed my files to backup, I going back to DEX CFW 3.55 Rogero v2. A lot of memories. ^^" And yeah, this was horror.

Yeah, yes, I understand but if I want play from backup this is Gehenna. And this impudent action with armor... Meh, I'll wait, maybe even to emulators time 15 years ahead if nothing happen after 3.60 with HENkaku.

atreyu187 likes this.
  5. 4,368
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    Well once the MaiDump gets updated we can unlock the DLC as they are in the eboot already. May even work with SFO modding but I haven't had to time to get that far yet.