HowTo Transfer any File from Media Server to Ps3

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by sycotikcystm, Mar 10, 2020.

1. 9
    sycotikcystm

sycotikcystm Forum Noob

Hi this Is just a quick guide on how to transfer any file from your phone to PS3 using a media server.
    I have only tested this on Android using BubbleUPnP. MiXplorer was used to rename files.
    1. Using a file explorer locate your file, then rename the extension to a file the PS3 can "use"
    Example.pkg - Example.pkg.mp4
    2. Now connect your media server to your PS3
    3. Go to movies category in XMB & locate your file, copy file to PS3
    4. This step is optional but makes it easier to find & use the file - copy to USB & delete first file you copied.
    5. Using a file manger on the PS3 locate your file & delete the extension you added.
    6. Done now all you need to do is put the file in your desired location.

Hope this makes sense & is useful to someone.

2. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

um...ftp works fine too..i only use bubbleupnp to stream not to copy. you can also make dvd with pkgs on it. i put all updates for a game on a dvd for backup and if i need to reinstall i just pop it in (dont have to wait for copying from ftp etc).

3. 9
    sycotikcystm

sycotikcystm Forum Noob

I don't have a computer at home at the moment so I've been using my phone, does take longer but solves transfering files as I need them instead of waiting to use a PC
    But I agree 100% your way is way more practical for someone with a PC at home