I Can’t get back my “Install package file” folder back help!!

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Adrien, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 5
    Adrien

Adrien Forum Noob

I deleted my sen enabler but I forgot I hide info so I knew I was screwed . I age multiMAN installed , can I install sen enabler through that? I have sen enabler on my usb drive . I’m on 4.82 cfw DEX Rebug

Attached Files:

2. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

This happened to me long ago..

You can just install rebug cfw PUP.

Or (optional) install HAN . as it will replace game_category.xml

Or maybe. You could download game_category.xml from HAN support files. And manually replace it via multiman..

Just i didn't tried the last one. As i don't have CFW at the moment

تم الإرسال من Xperia Z2 باستخدام Tapatalk

3. 5
    Adrien

Adrien Forum Noob

How do I install HAN? And what’s the difference from HAN and Rebug? And can I go back to Rebug

4. 276
    cygmon0

cygmon0 Member

Like i said, i was just giving you options to choose from.
    you could install HAN just to have package installer back to work. No need to use HAN since you are on CFW.
    Or you could just reinstall the firmware that you are in...

HAN will not change your firmware. And comparing it to a firmware is unfair.. As it's just a WebKit exploit with some modification to XMB..

More information on ps3exploit v3 forums

تم الإرسال من Xperia Z2 باستخدام Tapatalk

5. 5
    Adrien

Adrien Forum Noob

I’m just going to get Han because it doesn’t let me downgrade to 4.81 or any software because I’m spoofed to 4.83 (I think that’s why)

6. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Don't use HAN.
    Reinstall Rebug 4.81.2 or 4.82.2 to restore a sane & fully working system.
    Download the Rebug CFW pup file from rebug.me & install it via USB as you would for any firmware.
    If you are using DEX mode (which you should not really be using unless you are modding games), you need to install a D-REX PUP file or convert to CEX to install a REX PUP file.

atreyu187 likes this.
  7. 5
    Adrien

Adrien Forum Noob

I have DEX because I mod on call of duty . I have the 4.81 PUP file in PS3>UPDATE>UPDAT.PUP and when I update via storage it says “no applicable update data was found.” I have the usb in the right slot but rememeber , the PS3 is spoofed to 4.83 and I deleted SEN Enabler so I’m screwed . Can I just factory reset ?

8. 609
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Try typing http://localhost/delete.ps3?uninstall in the webbrowser then reinstall 4.82.2 D-Rex.

If that doesnt help then you can either try installing the han files like the other guy said to get the install pkg files back,or you can use rogero's downgrader to get back to 3.55 again so you can reupdate to 4.82.2

9. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Either you are not using the right PUP file (you need a D-REX pup file) or your USB device uses FAT32 on GPT partitioning & needs converted to MBR.

That would be the 2 most common issues but if ever a SEN spoof is in the way, no matter what you try, you may try to
    1. Install HAN to reinstall SEN, disable the Spoof & reinstall Rebug.
    2. Convert to CEX, toggle QA if not done, install Ferrox 4.83 then back to Rebug.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. 10,756
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

iirc, ofw mode recreates the category_game.xml file (where install packages and app_home are). if you made mods to your original, they won't be present, so it creates it from scratch. I think cfw mode will recreate the correct one (can't recall), but yeah, reinstalling the firmware works too.

11. 5
    Adrien

Adrien Forum Noob

Sorry for the late response but when I try to get han, it said I’m on 4.83 which isn’t compatible and all features have been disabled. I’m hopeless .so I just convert back to DEX , update to ferreox then update to Rebug and it should work?

12. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

HAN Tools were not made for this kinda thing at all & therefore were never tested against features like SEN Spoofing. HAN Tools were created with only OFW in mind.
    Given your report, I assume that the browser user agent is also getting the spoofed fw version which is why the exploit disables all features.
    It's not really difficult to overcome but you would need to edit the exploit js file & then host the modded files on your own local http server.
    If you decide to try this, let me know & I will give you the edits to make. Be aware that you will also need to convert to CEX mode & ensure that the currently used vsh is CEX to use a modded HAN 3.0 installer as the released exploit code doesn't support 4.82 DEX.

As an alternative to using HAN, you could try converting to CEX mode then installing Ferrox 4.83. If ever the installation succeeds, from there you should be able to downgrade back to a Rebug. You will still need QA enabled to downgrade though.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  13. 2,216
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    You spoofed your firmware version on REBUG? I don't think many people realise that there is no need to do this with REBUG. Its has a built in firmware spoofer and all you have to do is "Enable REBUG Mode" in either "REBUG Tool" box or through the "Custom Firmware" Folder in the Network Column on the XMB. I am on REBUG 4.82.2 D-REX and have never used SEN Enabler. And I also have never lost the ability to login to PSN.

Use these xml files to restore the Package Manager menu (they are the original XMLs from REBUG 4.82.2, makes no difference if you have REX or D-REX with these)

Extract the contents of the zip to your flash drive. There are 2 XML files in here "category_game_tool.xml" and "category_game_tool2.xml"

Then go into MultiMAN and go to the "Setting" column and scroll all the way down to the bottom and "Enable write to dev_blind".

Next go to the "mmMC" or "MultiMAN" ( Depends if you have COBRA mode enabled to what it's called ) Then go into " mmMC/File Manager".

Then go to "root" in the top left hand corner and in the open folder select "dev_blind" the go into these folders as they appear in this order: vsh / resource / explore / xmb

Once here copy and paste these 2 files into the folder then restart your PS3 from the MultiMAN menu. Once restarted Package Manager should be back on the Games column of the XMB.

Hope this sorts your problem.

Attached Files:

14. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Depending on what it's already installed on your system, you could use the multiman way as described above.
    Or any other backup manager installed.
    If you don't have any backup manager but Rebug Toolbox is installed (or wMM), you could also use FTP to replace the xml file.

Once the "Install pkg" feature is restored, reinstall SEN, disable the spoof & reinstall the cfw for good measure. It takes only a few minutes to ensure all is back to normal, there is no downside.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  15. 3
    oem

oem Forum Noob

I can't see the menu from sen enabler, I hold L and L2, etc while is opening, but do not enter the menu, I mess with the options last time I was on the menu, and now I can't see, I reinstall rebug 4.82, overflow 4.84, ferrox 4.82, i formatting the entire HD, try too restoring setup factory but the rebug keeps on, I uninstall and reinstall sen enabler 6.2.2 and nothing, I think that there is something inside into cfw like some history, but I don' know how to make erase this I see some peoples with this problem here in the forum, I see other peoples here on the forum with the same problem anyone knows something about?

16. 10,756
    pinky

I don't know what's happening there, but there's a bug with sen enabler where it kicks you out of the app if the battery on the controller is low. I discovered this bug a long time ago, and I told @Evilnat and @bguerville . bguerville confirmed it on his system as well. not sure what's causing it, and I don't believe it's been fixed.

Algol likes this.
  17. 3
    oem

oem Forum Noob

in my case is not the low battery control, sen enabler works, but not show the menu when I disable, I just wanna see the menu for precaution, I know I make some mess into the menu last time I see, I just wanna open the menu and reset configurations, I don't feel safe using sen enabler without seeing the menu, you know while sen enabler is launching if I can holding any button to reset configurations ?
    I install Rogero 4.55 now and I wanna try by that, and I think that I can just have made some wrong with the rebug 4.84 and rebug toolbox when I was testing some configurations into sen enabler and this is active somehow until now, I try open by vsh too holding L1 +R1 and nothing, this happens before once and I just downgrade to rebug 4.82 and sen enabler open the menu.

18. 10,756
    pinky

no idea what's wrong on your end. do you mean that the options in the menu are missing? sen enabler is more for advanced users over psn patch. you may have to ask @Evilnat in the sen enabler thread. however, I know he's been very busy, so I think he's mostly been updating the app for new firmware, not fixing bugs or adding new features. that's what I remember anyway.

19. 3
    oem

oem Forum Noob

I press X and don't open the entire menu, I can use holding L1, R2 etc while is launching, but the entire menu doesn't open, but I solved now, I install Rogero 4.55 and install again sen enabler and now open the menu, thanks for the attention pinky