Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 I can't play PSX PAL Games on my PS3

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by shinichi999, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 28
    shinichi999

shinichi999 Member

I have a 60 GB FAT BC PS3 with Rebug 4.82. I can play perfectly PS3 and PS2 ISOs with Webman, but I can't play PAL PSX Games because I get the error 80028F10 (You cannot play this game at the current video output settings).

I tried everything, I changed my output settings to Automatic, I tried different resolutions, I tried patching the PAL ISOs to NTSC, I tried loading the ISO with Multiman, but nothing works!

What can I do in order to play PAL ISOs? This is driving me crazy, so I will really appreciate any help!

PSXHistory likes this.
  2. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    I think the PS3 suffers the same issue as the PS1/PS2 does with PS1 Discs, in other words region restriction.

Funny thing is, that with PSOne Classics thats not an issue. As a while ago i tested Metal Gear Solid NTSC-J Version on my 40Gb PS3, and it ran just fine (PSOne Classics btw), as for discs, i cant say for sure, but i never had trouble with PS2 NTSC-U/PAL Region Discs, as Rebug technically should allow any PS1 Disc to be run at it, no matter the region lock.

Its kind of a strange situation here, but ill do some research before advancing further.

But here is a solution, but i havent tested myself, if you can downgrade to 4.81 REX Rebug, then convert to DEX, and via Debug Setting, switch the Console Region to Europe (if you own a NTSC-J/U Machine) ;)

But i am 99.9% sure that the Region Restrictions are encoded in the BIOS Code

Ill publish a solution when i get more info about it mate ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    shinichi999 likes this.
  3. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Ok ive done a bit of digging, and here are the results.

If you own a NTSC-U Machine, you still have to to the conversion method to enable Europe as the Region via Debug Settings.

Another solution, is go to your Video Settings, select HDMI (if you are in HDMI), and untick all video output resolutions (1080p/1080i/720p) and just leave 480p (NTSC) or 576p (PAL) checked, and see the results ;)

Test both 480/576p with 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio, and report back ;)

PSXHistory likes this.
  4. 28
    shinichi999

shinichi999 Member

What should I change in the Debug Settings menu? I couldn't find something for the region.

I'm using the component cable, I tried leaving only 480p and didn't work (I couldn't use 576p since my TV doesn't support it)

So I tried 480p with 16:9 and 4:3 and nothing, it's not working :(

Any other idea, dude?

5. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    Can you tell me one of the games you're having issues playing? I have a original BC system and haven't ran into issues playing any NTSC or NTSC-J PSX games. I do not believe I have any PAL games so I would like to test myself.

6. 28
    shinichi999

shinichi999 Member

Sure. Megaman X 3 (there is only a PAL version) and Crash Team Racing (PAL too, of course, the NTSC version works fine but it's only in English and is not my mother language).

7. 391
    psydefx

psydefx Member

might be your tv with the problem

8. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    In order to do it you need to have REX firmware, and the only one is 4.82.2 Rebug.

After that Open Rebug Toolbox, go to Selector Tab on Rebug Toolbox, and change System Mode to REBUG, after that change Debug Type Menu to DEX QA (dont forget to enable QA Flag) and reboot your PS3.

After that go to the XMB, go to Debug Settings and search Region (i think) and change to Europe ;)

9. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Correction: I mentioned in my other post that you need to downgrade to 4.81.2 REX, but there is no need to, since Rebug Team already released a 4.82.2 REX compatible with CEX Consoles,so there is no need to downgrade, just install like a normal update, if you have 4.82.1 Lite ;)

Sorry mate, as i dont own a CFW PS3 anymore i was far behind in the Firmware scene, my apologies ;)

10. 28
    shinichi999

shinichi999 Member

You are absolutely right. I tried with another TV and works perfectly with any game. Unfortunately is not an option changing my TV right now :( Is there any kind of trick for this?

You're fine! I'm gonna try it tomorrow. But if I do this, then I will have to change the region every time for NTSC and for PAL games?

11. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    No, you wont, the only catch is, that if the TV doesnt support NTSC Signal correctly or even PAL, it will display only Black and White,but thats more with CRTs, but overall no harm done

12. 28
    shinichi999

shinichi999 Member

I see. The problem is with PAL games. In fact, I had problems with PAL PS2 games too (I couldn't play them via HDMI), but when I change to a component cable the problem was fixed. However, that didn't work with PSX games. I think I will have to buy a new TV soon (mine is kind of old, a Samsung UN32C5000QRXZS buyed in 2010).

13. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Well i own a ASUS VX248 1080p monitor, mainly because of my workstation, but also my PS3 and PS4, but sometimes i hook my PS3 on an old LG HDTV bought in 08 (not sure the model), and it plays just fine, all the way up to 1080p, but now that i have another PS3 4000 Series, since my 2504B died, it simply refuses to output a 1080p signal,but i know its not from the TV, but the PS3 is the main cause, as with my previous PS3 Models (60Gb/40Gb/320Gb-2504) all of them outputed 1080p signals, except my Super Slim, hell even my PS4 works in 1080p, but i have to check that.

shinichi999 likes this.
  14. 91
    Shrinivas

Shrinivas Member

Another problem is that when you have european PS3 and try to run NTSC PS2 games via hdmi...PAL work's fine but NTSC's aspect ratio is horizontally squeezed no matter what output (native. 720, 1080).

15. 7,870
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Check this detailed description of the DEX Debug Settings entries.
    https://rebug.me/debug-settings/rebug-settings/

There are 2 entries in particular that may interest you.
    1. Region Settings - to change your console's region.
    2. Fake other Region - to use content from another region without changing the console's region settings.

PSXHistory and Shrinivas like this.
  16. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

Hi Dear Friend, I want to know if you have found a solution now in 2019 ! I have myself been able to install Genuine PSX Official Disc into my internal HDD inside my PS3 (Cobra Rebug) using IRISMAN. ....the NTSC ones work flawlessly , but the PAL ones have audio/video synchronization issue , audio fall behind and video cinematic are choppy (best exemple : Metal gear solid psx PAL version)
    Let me know if you managed to find your solution now in 2019 , thanks

bguerville , are you able to play Metal Gear Solid (Psx original one) in PAL version (the one with french language) flawlessly on your PS3 ? Im in CEX did im able to adjust region setting like you ?!

Are you able to run Metal Gear Solid PSX PAL version on your PS3 hook on a NTSC HDTV (Samsung or LG) ?!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  17. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

It drive me crazy.....
    my original language is French.
    My best ultimate game of all time is METAL GEAR SOLID (Psx Original version)
    I have been able to experience the best of it , even reached the Big Boss Ranking in 1999-2000.
    Its only in 2007-2008 i heard that the game was dubbed completely in french (audio) in europe (France) for the PAL version.
    I always tought the game was offered either in japanese or english language! I was truly shocked to learn that fact and it took me a LOTS of time to actually find a proof of that via youtube years ago (when retromania was not as crazy as theses days).
    I was able to order the PAL version that contain the rare french audio version from europe
    since 4 years , from time to time when i have free time , i tried a LOTS of things , sourcing a PS2 console , modding it with matrix modchip , ordered the PC version from europe with french language , had my two PS3 jailbreak with Cobra Rebug ....but i was never able to run the game smootly. my last try was to actually install official sony disc on my PS3 internal hard drive via IRISMAN. the game actually start and gameplay are on the notch ....BUT ....all the cinematic are choppy (not fluide) and audio is a bit not synchro with image (only in cinematic) ....I enter in my 5th year now trying to have this game work flawlessy in my original mother language and it literally drive me crazy. I also purchased the FREEMcboot Memory card but i dont understand how it work since 1 years have passed since my purchase. Last night I discovered that my Black Dreamcast "Sport" Console that i never touched since more than 10 years ALLOWED me with (bought but never tested) BLEEMCAST official disk to ...wow...play this PAL game flawlessy without any issue and in (fullscreen!)
    but its not having the game in my PS3 Library and been able to play it with the PS3 dualshock....
    I have found on youtube a video about the : "Import Player Light" Patch Disk"
    Youtube video Link :
    Software available here :
    PIRACY LINKS REMOVED BY STAFF
    I have not a CD burner at home and i wonder if someone here is talented enought to actually download / Patch / create PS3 Pkg for this game (RARE French Audio version ) :
    PIRACY LINKS REMOVED BY STAFF

I would pay for that service of course.
    Please let me know if you are able to help me or pass my request to someone you think are able to do the work (paypal)
    but the pkg must run flawlessy on a jailbreak PS3 console (Cobra Rebug) without getting error : 80028F10

You can contact me any time , i will check my emails and answer quickly
    Thanks
    Daniel

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  18. 1,983
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Yes, on both PAL and NTSC-U versions (Defualt or Faked Region), on a LG HDTV or ASUS VX247 Monitor, with a CECHC04 (60Gb) PAL, Rebug 4.82.2 CEX (Cobra 7.55) both Original disc or backup.

19. 3,122
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

@shinichi999, To play PAL games on BC/Semi-BC Units, mount the game first then go to video settings to reflect the changed Resolution that's supported (by refreshing the HDMI setting) then try the game again, COBRA patches this on the fly depending on the region of the PSX Title but VSH won't automatically switch the supported resolution, so it has to be done manually. This works 80% of the time so this may take more than once to fix it.

STLcardsWS, aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

....I can run PAL PS2-PS3 on a NTSC Cobra Rebug no problems , like all the others average guys.
    ....but me i search a solution to run the PAL version of a PSX (lots more difficulty on a NTSC PS3 Console.
    ----the digital version purchased on PSN Europe give me error 80028F10 when i try to run it and i want to know if something exist to get rid of this error and be able to play the game fluidly / flawlessly. (cinematics) ??

Md Hesam likes this.
Tags: