Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 I can't play PSX PAL Games on my PS3

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by shinichi999, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

when you say " change resolution in video setting" ....you talk about the PS3 menu in video option 480p , 720p 1080i , 180p ?
    because i tried everything (from what i can understand and it dont work...) dont forget metal gear solid PAL is originally in 576p i think.
    are you able to make a youtube video to show if it work and what you make to have it work ?!

2. 3,116
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

upload_2019-3-1_14-30-9.png

upload_2019-3-1_14-46-46.png

I just mounted Medal of Honor (PAL) and this is what it's shown on my video output settings. You just have to keep trying until you see this. sometimes changing region via Debug Settings helps (Available on REBUG REX). (I have CECH-E01 which is NTSC version)

When mounting Any NTSC game, my resolution setting changes again to support 480p for NTSC games.

upload_2019-3-1_14-51-34.png

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    PSXHistory and DeViL303 like this.
  3. 7,012
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Maybe im wrong, but i always thought the cobra patches are "prioritizing" NTSC over PAL
    Is like if there is a patch that fixes things for NTSC but (as a payback) it breaks things for PAL

If is like that then is not fair for users on PAL regions, we would like it to be the other way around (fix PAL and break NTSC)... i know what NTSC users would think about that :eek:

4. 63
    Agrippa

Agrippa Member

I've got a PAL console. With the upscaling disabled, the PAL versions output 576p. I've tested the NTSC version of Vagrant Story and it correctly outputs 480p. So everything's alright.

Take notice, the resolution is set once during the boot. Changing the video mode at the P/N selector screen in the cracktro doesn't work.

PS: Oh my god, the Vagrant Story is a really bad game when it comes to the complicated mechanics system. Totally deserved to throw the disc into the trash can. ;)

5. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

wait guys ....damn your awesome !!!
    but i dont understand everything you explain. (i originally speak french BUT i live in East Coast CANADA with my NTSC PS3
    when you say i have to mount the game ,....what did you mean by that ?
    I have the official disk mounted via IRISMAN (but cinematic are laggy and audio not synchro !!)
    my cobra PS3 dont have acces to PSN store europe now (my account was closed by sony)
    you mean i have to download the PSN game or what ?

Also , could someone can upload youtube video tutorial about getting the PAL psx working on a NTSC PS3 hook on a NTSC HDTV ?
    I mean....THOUSANDS of PS3 owners search for this solution and your the only ones guys that gave me an answer.
    uploading a youtube tutorial (even without sound) will be EXTREMELY HELPFULL for a LOTS of guys out there , thats for sure !!! :)
    Send me a youtube link here once its ready ...(damn, i cannot believe this !! it will work ?!?!)

Ohh Almost forget , please also show HOW to change region via debug setting please....!!
    Did my Cobra Rebug 4.80 will work with theses tricks ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  6. 63
    Agrippa

Agrippa Member

You have to mount the game using Cobra compatible manager, such as multiMAN or webMAN. The video system will be patched on the fly.

But the thing is, does the American HDTVs support European 50 Hz video modes? In the CRT era, the European TV sets supported 50/60 Hz modes, but American did 60 Hz only. The error you have mentioned earlier (80028F10) is something about the unsupported video mode.

How is the PS3 connected to the TV? Composite, component, HDMI?

DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

NTSC PS3 connected to HDTV using HDMI....

8. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

I should add , NTSC PS3 connected to a NTSC HDTV using HDMI

9. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

Joonie , your PS3 console is a NTSC US or PAL europe one ?!

10. 3,116
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I already gave you my answer and you will see it in my post you quoted.

No, it doesn't prioritize anything, it just detects the region from PSX's executable then apply the needed resolution to ensure that the game runs in the most ideal condition including 50/60hz swap. Since the most modern TV does support both of them, as long as the region detection is fooled (which seems to be buggy on old PHAT BC/Semi-BC as what the O.P.'s experiencing right now), the game will run at its needed resolution and refresh rate. This runs fine on non-BC models.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Coldheart2236, Agrippa and DeViL303 like this.
  11. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

NTSC console...ok (wow...)
    Question , Im lost here , what is the definition for "BC" that you refer too ?!?

12. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

My only hope that to buy a POUND Dreamcast HDMI Link Cable but someone just told me that the cable DONT WORK with black "sport edition" Dreamcast console , wich is the only model i own .... :P
    I need to be able to play this game flawlessly on PS3....please.... :(

13. 3
    Jacobcullen

Jacobcullen Forum Noob

PS2 LASER

[​IMG]
    Hello everybody,
    I wanna ask you, I have a kind of a problem with my old trusty PS2. I think it is the laser. It plays games normally but then sometimes (not often) PS2 freezes, and i need to restart it, and it often needs new CD-s. If they are scratched it often has trouble reading them.
    So I wanna ask you, is laser the problem or tray? I think its laser. So I want to buy a new one, I now my way around the electronics, but just want to make sure.

14. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

Joonie , please could you test this file , if you are able to play it , i will should be able too with cobra rebug 4.80.
    https://***PlayStation Store***.net/
    did i should update my rebug ? im not too familiar with this (i paid someone to do it with NO E3 Flasher) recently my Cobra PS3 crashed and i have lost 2TB of internal hdd content :( :( :( ....but its its necessary ...I will try...
    Let me know if you have been able to play MGS1 psx PAL flawlessly (check the intro cinematic) and let me know

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  15. 3,116
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I don't know which game you're referring, it's always good to update your FW to the latest if something doesn't work for you. There's been many changes / improvement since 4.80.1 release.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  16. 3,415
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    hmmm.... this is Piracy.... and nothing but theft.

I think you have put your question in the wrong forum and thread. PS2 issue would need to go in the PS2 forum and my a new thread for this issue for the best chance of getting help on this issue.

17. 12
    PSXHistory

PSXHistory Forum Noob

Its not piracy , i paid for this games for several version that i all have at home and can provide pictures :

---PSX NTSC , JAP integral & PAL french + Special edition Official disk
    ---PS3 NTSC & PAL Digital
    ...I asked for a link for the PAL digital because i want to try it in pkg and anyway my Cobra PS3 have PSN closed account when they detected my jailbreak , I have explained to them that i NEVER stolen a single cents from them and showed them my PS1-PS2-PS3 official disks but they never answered me

I can provide a picture of EACH games i still own with my ID name & date signed on a paper !

18. 7,012
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Talking about it and posting download links is promoting piracy, so dont do it or we will have to give you some warning points or a temporal ban

19. 9,422
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

I upgraded to a ban for a duration and removed the post, a new user not respecting the rules they read and agreed to when signed up. So really don't have much of a tolerance for it..

1.) either choose to not read the rules .
    2.) read then and proceeded to do what they wanted.

Either way a bit of an attention grabber is needed to read/understand the rules. After all the rules were sent to him in his email just thursday when he signed up and verified his email.

Edit: also i see a pirated link that was posted as well. "The Pirate Detector" system caught it and edited the URL automatically :) Rom links also posted...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Coldheart2236 likes this.
  20. 3,415
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Asking for links to third party downloads is piracy. It does not matter how many versions you have. You got banned a lost access to your account that your problem. FYI they didn't ban your for your games they banned you because running CFW or any kind of exploit is a violation of [email protected]'s terms and conditions, this is why they banned you not for your games which you can never download the content linked to your PSN account again.

EDIT

But wait don't you have the PAL digital? you asked for the PAL digital but stated quite clearly above it that you already have the Digital version??? they are downloaded form PSN in pkg format so you already had this. Your not making any sense..... and this is how you catch people out...press them and they eventually drop themselves in it.

I really don't care about pictures..... downloading something from a third party site is piracy.... simple as no if's no but's.....clear as water.... this is theft and as a former games dev that made games that you are all playing on is something that really disgusts me.

Also this is not a good idea if your messing on with games , The recovery option's do not work correctly and using them after a crash or something else will 9/10 force a format of the 2TB Internal HDD in a PS3.

I also see another post full of pirate links- the same game you claim to own, and posted on the very day you signed up.....disgusting.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/i-cant-play-psx-pal-games-on-my-ps3.18264/#post-161018

EDIT: Whoops, just saw your's and sandugas's post's so there was no real need for my little rant here, sorry @STLcardsWS wasn't trying to backseat moderate but I think you know my stance on piracy....

Tags: