Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

I may have bricked my PS3

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Alejandro Valero, Mar 18, 2020.

1. 3
    Alejandro Valero

Alejandro Valero Forum Noob

Well yesterday i wanted to clean up the dust of my ps3, since we are in quarantine and all that. This PS3 had a 60Gb drive and i updated it to 640Gb. The PS3 (as expected) told me to format the drive, i did it, and then i proceeded to install the ferrrox cobra 4.84 update (since the console was already patched and even has a cfw before), everithing ok until i then tried to update it to the 4.85 version of ferrox cobra, then at mid-update, the screen turned black for a while (for a quite long while) so i turned off the console (maybe i shouldn't have done that?). Now when i turn on the ps3, the green light comes on, i can hear the fan blow but nothing more. I even tried restoring the video settings (the double beep thing when pressing the power button) and nothing. The ps3 don't display anything.
    And to make it worse... i don't have any dump of the bios. I have one from another ps3 fat, but i heard that every dump is unique or so. Did i screw it up that bad? or can i fix it? thanks in regard

2. 282
    ElGris

ElGris Member

Tried recovery mode? If you can, try installing Rebug. And yeah, you shouldn't have turned off the console in the middle of an update, but it clearly failed.

3. 3
    Alejandro Valero

Alejandro Valero Forum Noob

To access recovery mode yo need to do the power button holding thing,right? when it beeps two times in a row? It won't show any signal on the screen. There is no signal from AV nor HDMI.

Anyways, this ps3 had the "red light of death", i did a reflow and manage to fix it. I don't know if it may be related, but... could it be that this is some kind of comeback? When i press the power button, the HDD led flash for a bit and then stops completely, the power led don't change to any other color, it stays green, if i put a disc, it will read it, the blued led will light and it will make somo noise (the disc spining and the laser moving). When a disc is in, i can put it out. So basic comands work. I don't know if it is fully bricked or what. But i hope it is not.

OMG! ITS ALIVE!!!! i tried to remove the hard drive and now it gives image! It says that it can't start becouse it can't find the system storage. So maybe it was the hard drive fault. i'll try with another

Okay, i managed to get into the recovery mode and it seems to be installing the cfw. Woah, what a ride. The first thing i'll do is a dump of the nand

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2020
    ElGris likes this.
Tags: