Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN I vs eboot.bin

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Ddamiann, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 16
    Ddamiann

Ddamiann Forum Noob

novice technician
    I come with more problems and now it's EBOOT.BIN. In my previous post to convert from psn to iso they gave me good indications and progress but now it is the EBOOT.BIN. This must be resigned but I try and the ps3 does not start the game or it freezes. But only one gave results (but that one and I do not know how I could solve it, it worked for me without I was expecting it and I did not know how to achieve it) now I need an intensive course of EBOOT.BIN. Please fill out this knowledge post about the EBOOT.BIN :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. 2,570
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Intensive course of the EBOOT.BIN.... you might as well learn how to program games if you want to know about this lol.

The EBOOT is basically the entire game in one file in a sense. In game you will have texture files, mesh files, audio and scipt files ect. The EBOOT controls when , where and how these files are used in the most basic terms, if the EBOOT is not right the game will not boot or the game will run to a point where the patch was applied and if its not right the game will crash or worse force the PS3 into recovery mode.

You can edit and patch the eboot to make the game do things it was not originally meant to > ie this is the most common place to patch the game with cheats> this is because the games code is stored here. Resign it to a different FW version using the right keys, convert it to a DEBUG EBOOT< nearly all my games run DEBUG EBOOTs but thats because I spend a lot of time modding games from scratch, mainly graphics, on some rare games the EBOOT needs to be edited as well for some graphics.

IF you use a program called IDA with the right scripts you can view the functions inside EBOOTs to learn more about the way a game works. Anyone who wants to learn more about EBOOTs and the way they work, I would highly recomend using this program.

sandungas likes this.
  3. 16
    Ddamiann

Ddamiann Forum Noob

novice technician
    upload_2019-6-6_23-18-45.png

interesting, I'll add it to my collection of development programs. Going to another side of the issue, I've experimented with EBOOT.BIN and many (many encerio) fail me and does not start, the only thing that is resginar and fail at the beginning. A recommendation?

4. 2,570
    Cypher_CG89

V7 of IDA will not work with the scripts and plugins that where made for it to read PS3 files. You need to find preferably v6.1 - v6.6. versions higher than this wont work properly with the plugins and scripts. For example I use IDA Pro v6.1.

As for the EBOOT, which game is it for? And what did you use to resign it? There is a good tut on this site somewhere on doing this for HEN.

sandungas likes this.
  5. 16
    Ddamiann

Ddamiann Forum Noob

novice technician
    Games like the call of duty black ops II and Monopoly Street were tested. But the only one that worked was PayDay 2. the resigner that was used were ESSSE RESIGNER v4.5.4 and TrueAncestor_SELF_Resigner_v1.97 plus the resigner that is integrated in the toolbox for PS3 of adolstools. Only one worked and I could never start another game. What do you think it can be?

6. 171
    montcer

montcer Member

LOL, I am a fan of yours. I have tried to use IDA several times, and ALL the times I almost became crazy; I found it very difficult to use! It must be because of my limited understanding in computing, but hex-editors, debuggers and that stuff... Is way harder than another language because I do not even understand what I am doing in my OWN language LOL xD

I am sorry to ask, but why are you having such a bad time with the eboots and stuff? I mean, I think I was in the very same situation you are but I realized that you do not need to mod the PKG games, just a few changes in the PARAM.SFO I believe, a few generic files here and there, and maybe some other files but the EBOOT mod is not necessary.

I managed to convert to ISO and run a game that was formerly converted to PSN + Update. Not sure if it worked because it was intended to be a BD game since the very beginning, tho.

I would recommend to avoid mod core files in the game because they tend to not work. I know this because I have a LOT of PKGs and kinda get tired of them, so I used to create a single PKG with the game + updates + liberated DLC (with the Rudi's tool), and because of TrueAncestor signing the EBOOT when creating the PKG, none of these games worked, just a black screen whenever I tried to launch then. The solution was to not mod the EBOOT.

7. 2,570
    Cypher_CG89

At first it did the same thing for me, after looking through files for 10 mins I would literally get a headache. I do graphics... not code lol. But if I wanted to add something new most of the time the EBOOT or another file would need patching to allow it, swapping out textures can be fairly simple compared to adding things.

I started to use IDA by following @esc0rtd3w tutorials on basic debugging and patching that he has made on here. A s well as some advice from other devs on here. They really helped me out with the basics, now I have made my own CFW, with help from another devs tuts on doing this that he psoted on Youtube a while back, but I stick to using REBUG mainly as I have not quite finished it yet.

For BO2 is this a backup of the disc or the PSN digital version of the game...?

8. 16
    Ddamiann

Ddamiann Forum Noob

novice technician
    unnnn but what's the point of resigning the EBOOT.BIN? in the instructions to change from psn to iso resigning is necessary

the game is original psn / pkg

and another thing the IDA v6.1 can pass me or give a link to get it. And I'm also 32 bits :"c

9. 171
    montcer

montcer Member

Cool. Some years ago I was able to crack a game, AOE The Conquerors, which used to have a basic DRM protection. Of course, I didn't accomplish it from scratch, I follow several tutorials from other games using the same DRM, so I was totally amazed when the game didn't ask for the CD LOL hahahaha. I used OllyDbg for that one, but I totally forgot what I did and how I did it LOLLLL.

You are aware that you can skip the whole ISO / EBOOT / Resign / MOD part with that original PKG? Just install it and activate it by dump your RAP / RIF from your game that you legally own.

Regarding the EBOOT modifications, Cypher_CG89 already explained it very well, but I believe that most users mod it because some games were intended to check the OFW version. If it was lower than the intended, it wouldn't run. But nowadays that isn't a problem because there are not more games being published for PS3, nor OFW. Or not AAA games, and the OFW is only to patch exploits, 1 or 2 times per year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019