PS3 IDA Pro & PS3 Plugin

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Corupt_Modz, Mar 26, 2020.

1. 4
    Corupt_Modz

Corupt_Modz Member

hi i have ida pro and i am trying to install the ps3 plugins but cant get it to work could someone please point me in the right direction or share a video on how to? sorry if i posted this in the wrong place!

2. 3,425
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    The IDA Plugins for PS3 work properly only on IDA Pro v6.7 and below. V6.8 and above have compatibility issues.

Which version of IDA Pro are you using?

Alternatively you can you use Ghidra, which is the same as IDA but can handle the x64 architecture of the PS3 much better and it was developed by the US NSA. The repo is on Github and is maintained by the dev's form the NSA. There are not as many plugins for Ghidra for the PS3 but depending on what your trying to do it my be a better choice.

Corupt_Modz likes this.
  3. 4
    Corupt_Modz

Corupt_Modz Member

im using 7.0 but just deleted it ill download one of the older versions instead and i just want to find modder protections in gta and a few other little things

4. 145
    mysis

mysis Developer

you dont need the plugins....its enough to have kakarotos scripts and they are idc and work fine on 7.x
    just unself the binary, run the ida scripts and you are good to go.

5. 2
    descatal

descatal Forum Noob

So does this means that I don't need xorloser's PS3 IDA Plugin to load prx (ELF) files?

I am having a hard time finding precompiled loader, and compiling it myself just gave tons of error that I can't fix.

Currently I am using PPC 64 Loader and was wondering if it is as accurate as xorloser's PS3 IDA Plugin. I have seen either options being used on some Youtube tutorials.