PS3 [IDEA] Showing Lots of CFW/HEN Information on the XMB

Discussion in 'XMB Modifications' started by DeViL303, May 1, 2019.

1. 6,684
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    There is another way around it. I can do the first column by adding to the free space text like i did already in that image, but then we add a new text box on the other side for the variable fields.

upload_2019-9-9_16-7-56.png

This way the alignment will be perfect without doing anything extra. The text added to the free space entry on the left would be static so no need to touch that normally. Then the version info etc can go on the right and would get edited more often.

But how to calculate the start position, I still dont get that.

Note: that is a photoshopped image. All the other ones were rco mods.

I can add new text fields anywhere i want now, So just need to know position.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    n00b, littlebalup and LuanTeles like this.
  2. 5,394
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I cant give you a direct answer because there are several ways to build that, is needed to take a couple of decissions and everyone of that decissions again... have a couple of different ways to do it

I need to take a good look at the xml to try to see how is the best way and i will try to explain the details
    That explains are going to be pretty much the same i can tell now, but instead of saying "i think" or wasting time in the bad roads i could focus better in explaining the posible solutions

The most important thing to know by now is if you know the object that loads the "msg_space" string (with your custom text additions from the tests you was doing weeks ago)
    Incase that object exists in the rco then things are going to be easyer, and if you tell me his name is going to short my investigation :)

3. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    There is no location info for the free space message really on its own. Its just a page for all the text around line 767 of the main xml. I have added a new text field underneath it in this rco if that helps. But the placement/alignment is not right.

i used lots of spaces to make it look as good as I could.

My new text field is called text_cfw1, so search for that.

That is this mod:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. 794
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    @DeViL303 how do u put the .2 in the end of the firmware version? in the sprx?

Okay i got it, in the version string :P

Version%%%.2

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:29 AM
    DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 794
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    The sad thing is that i cant add it to my mod.

There is a rco size limite and characters limite, Like my sysconf_plugin.rco is 1.29MB , Rebug one is 1.34MB

so mine should work, but it didnt, so i had to delete some letters in the Language files, Like the

<Text name="msg_aboutps3">About PlayStation®3 (PS3™)

to

<Text name="msg_aboutps3">About PlayStation®3

So i saved e.g 50 characters in total of all language files, so i was able to add 50 characters of animation, i'm on the limite, one more the rco will freeze the system

But using the official one, i got this, is kinda nice =) ( i will try to free some free space in my rco to add this)

[​IMG]

@DeViL303 @sandungas i just use normal spaces to align it and i add the shadow attributes

DeViL303, Louis Garry and Algol like this.
  6. 92
    Algol

Algol Member

Hello @LuanTeles

Pourrais-tu me dire si ton "PS3 4K Pro" est totalement traduit en Français car je désire l'installer sur toutes mes PS3 (CFW Rebug-4.84.2 et HEN-1.3.1) ???

Je comprends difficilement l'Anglais alors je me tourne vers ma langue natale (j'ai 61 ans) exclusivement.

Merci encore pour cet excellent travail et à bientôt.

In English via Google trad :

Can you tell me if your "PS3 4K Pro" is fully translated into French because I want to install it on all my PS3 (CFW Rebug-4.84.2 and HEN-1.3.1) ???
    I hardly understand the English so I turn to my native language (I'm 61 years old) exclusively.

Thank you again for this great job and see you soon.

Algol "le papy".

DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 794
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:

Yea french is supported, but some texts are translated by google :P, so if you find any error please report me

Algol and DeViL303 like this.
  8. 11,565
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

cobra might be a good way to implement this, but there'd have to be something specific with cfw for it know what's what. I'm not really sure how it works on the psp, but you can spoof using the version.txt file. the version.txt is a good way to tell when it comes to cfw, but it's discarded after firmware installation on the ps3. there's a second version.txt, but it doesn't contain this information.

edit: with edats, there's usually a watermark if it's been resigned (possibly even officially, but I can't remember), and some mods use the ps3logo.dat to watermark their stuff. it's supposed to be the playstation name iirc, but it can be modified in make_package_npdrm. I think it's through hex.

another possibility is just manipulating the version.txt. you can see it's information in system settings with a button combo. I think it contains time stamps of the fw build and other information like if you're on cex, dex, or sex.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  9. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    We could do it a really hacky way :) Not really as its crap, but its an example of how it could be done with the current framework.

We could have 3 rcos with different system info texts, The main one on flash says "Cobra Not Available" and "webMAN Not Available" . if Cobra is enabled then it remaps to the rco that says "Cobra 8.1 Active" , if webMAN is running it overrides that remap with another to another rco that says "Cobra 8.1 Active" and "webMAN MOD 1.47.25 Active"

n00b and pinky like this.
  10. 5,394
    sandungas

Sorry if i have not replyed before @DeViL303 but i was hooked with the "waterdrop" animation (im still a bit)
    I really need to start looking at this in detail

DeViL303 likes this.
  11. 794
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    But we will run out of space in flash0, at least on rebug, i have only 1mb free, and sysconf_rco takes abut 1.28Mb

12. 794
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:

Actually changing the version.txt does not change a thing, it's on vsh.self if i remember right, where it is read

13. 11,565
    pinky

@LuanTeles the version.txt that I'm talking about is part of an update pup. it's the screen that shows what firmware you're about to install (i.e. 4.85 HFW Hybrid and exploitable firmware). official firmware will just say 4.85. ferrox, habib, and rebug all have their names assigned to the version.txt (not sure about overflow). I think the file is deleted after installation, but there's a second version.txt that appears in system settings when checking firmware. there's a button combo to make it appear. maybe the firmware could be displayed in there somewhere. the version.txt on the psp is for spoofing, but it has extra information not related to that. the system won't know the difference, just a thought I had about the ps3 using the psp as an example.

you're right that the vsh.self contains the firmware version as well as the image version, which rebug changes to all 9s for some reason.

LuanTeles likes this.
  14. 11,565
    pinky

might be able to resize the vflash, but not for other os. they managed to make one vflash 40GBs. it would only work on cfw though.

LuanTeles likes this.
  15. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    They could be on hdd if remapping. but yeah, flash space is getting low, some stuff can be deleted though

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:32 PM
    n00b likes this.
  16. 11,565
    pinky

that is a problem. if you use firezilla, it will try to transfer over the file, then it will be truncated, cutting off part of the file without warning.

17. 5,394
    sandungas

@DeViL303 just a blindshoot, for the texts aligned at right... have you tryed to...
    Under <IList name="ilist_console_information"> add a new <Item> at bottom, like this:
    Code:
    <IItem name="whatever" iitemUnk1="0x0" iitemText="text:msg_custom_text_at_left" iitemTextAlt="text:msg_custom_text_at_right"></IItem>

Also, most probably the iitemUnk1 is an integer that is working like this:
    0= disabled
    1= do something
    2= do more somethings
    etc...

It could be a float though (with decimals), but i dont think

Also, if you are going to try this do the test only with value 1, because in rcomage it have data type "unk", this means is going to add whatever you write in the xml as "raw" (in other words... no data type conversions)
    That data type conversions could be a "must do"... without them the only value that is going to work are 0 or 1 i guess

Forget about what i said... i think i got something :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:50 AM
    LuanTeles likes this.
  18. 5,394
    sandungas

@DeViL303 do you remember, at the time when you did this screenshot if you made some custom change in the scrollbar at the left ?
    More specifically... did you change his positionX ?
    [​IMG]
    That scrollbar is driving me a bit crazy, it have no importance because we can delete it and everything will look the same, but at this point im interested in it because is partially sharing the same alignment and sizes than the texts

19. 5,394
    sandungas

Im not sure what are you trying right now @DeViL303 as i said there are several ways to do it, and several ways to find the values used officially, but at this point i have a good understanding of most of it... lets say 95% of it :D

You was interested in the positions and sizes... well... to give you a direct answer... are not using positions, the objects are aligned naturally with each others by using different values of the anchorMode

And im confident to say what we see in the rco xml code is the <IList> located at left... and the sprx is generating another <IList> at right

So... one of the ways to do this mod is by adding another 2 more <IList>... we need 2 because we need to locate one at left and other at right, like the officials
    And i imagined 2 different ways to align our custom <IList>

-----------
    In my next posts (if you are interested) i will explain more details of how it works, some xml code examples, the converted values for positions and sizes, and how works the anchorMode
    But by now... tell me what do you think about this road ?... interesting or meh ?
    I guess you and @LuanTeles are modding this screen but i guess you did in a different way, if what you are doing is good enought maybe you dont care

LuanTeles likes this.
  20. 6,684
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    I dont think I did anything with scroll bar in that mod. It just appeared when I made the text too long.

I have tried adding other items to the list, does not work, they are loaded by sprx I think in this case as they are dynamic and also there is the line that is on eMMC Superslims only. BUT I can create any amount of new text fields very easily, I just have issues with the positions.

Definitely interested in knowing more about the positions. Its a confusing system.