Idea to help PSX PLACE with server costs

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by n00b, Apr 1, 2019.

1. 318
    n00b

n00b Member

I was thinking that PSX PLACE is getting larger as many people are joining this site everyday.Administrators,moderators,developers and some members pay the server costs from their own pocket or from some donations.I was wondering What if every news of PSX PLACE is published on Youtube.Because the "PS3XPLOIT HFW" thread got 152,619 views.If such views are obtained on Youtube i think server costs money get paid.I know PSX PLACE already has a Youtube channel but no latest news is published on it.If someone publishes latest news on Youtube channel then i think no one would be needed to pay server costs from his/her pocket.
    Hope my idea gets reviewed by administrators:)

Zar, aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
  2. 702
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I am pretty sure that would not change a thing since the PSX-Place YT Channel has pretty much no views at all and news are published here anyway, so why would anyone head over to YT?

3. 318
    n00b

n00b Member

There is no latest news.There are just 22 videos on that channel.The latest video is PS4 File Manager published 3 weeks ago from today.Youtube gives revenue if the channel is maintained properly.PSX PLACE channel is not maintained properly.because of lack of time of moderators and administrators:(

aldostools likes this.
  4. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

There are Youtubers that create guides for psx-place jailbreaks, tools or homebrews. These youtubers get a lot of views because they explain step by step how X features work and how to install or configure X, and Y. They make it friendly.

If you guys cannot do it by yourselves because of time or a small team, maybe get a partnership with a Youtuber that likes to create videos for the scene.

There are a lot of videos talking about the news and guides of our scene. These guys have a lot of views. The youtubers are from everywhere: India, Russia, Brazil, etc.

Or maybe if someone from the community here which is not from the psx-place team yet is interested and take the job position officially it could work.

The key is post videos frequently. You need a schedule. That's how social network works, and it makes you more visible, more relevant in the search, etc. More profit and we save the clock tower

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

5. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

@Lambada Those random YT guys also doesn't cover up all cases and explain all cases, and because of that, inpatients peoples ends with shiny black bricks. ;p That's not a good example.

6. 6,431
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    It is not a bad idea in theory, if there was an official channel, with legit well thought out videos, it might generate some revenue, but it is also a lot of work to do that in a good way.

n00b, STLcardsWS and Lambada like this.
  7. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

Random... Don't recruit randoms. There must be a good one. It's something that needs to be curated.

As @DeViL303 said, it is a lot of work. Sometimes a lot of work can return in something that pays the efforts. Not only revenue for the hosting costs but attracting new devs to the scene. Specially now that CFW can be installed on almost every PS3 and the recent development and research in unlocking RSX GPU.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  8. 8,727
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

At least pick out one of the larger threads like with a million plus views :) (though that thread is on track to be another) :)

Its not a bad idea at all and thanks for thinking about a suggestions for us, but as other have already suggested its a task that i do not have time, as we run a site and a forum and not a YT channel, if there was time for it we would be certainly be adding regular content on there, Also i think alot of news is better in text personally for many reasons. Though video can be useful .

I want to add that we recently did place some ads on the site so currently not just relying on donations. Something we held out from doing for almost 5 years, was never really our motive . We are doing a test run for a few months and we will take it from there to see if its a viable option for the future

I am more about showing user's where the real info is, where the real developer are (as they all cant be in the video like a forum). Where the real content is. YT videos in general are very bad. THERE ARE GOOD ONES but its flooded with so many bad ones (as anyone can claim they know something)

What we need MORE then anything is more people posting and sharing news and also some writing news for the mainpage.. I have informed many for years now across various sites, please everyone inform me for a bit :) . Surely a large group of followers here can do the task of a single person so he does not go insane lol .

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    n00b likes this.
  9. 318
    n00b

n00b Member

@STLcardsWS I totally agree with you,As people are joining PSX PLACE everyday,I think we would get some more good persons to write news and share information.
    God bless this site:)