PS3HEN IDPS.HEX DUMPING HELP REQUIRED

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by cicoleo, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 5
    cicoleo

cicoleo Forum Noob

Hello everyone, today i tried dumping act and idps using the tool on the website but i cant get it to work. I tried everything, activating account, switching flash drives and ports, but it doesnt work, maybe its related to the fact that i didnt have han installed when i installed hen. at this point i tried to find these files using multimans file manager and i only fount act.dat in the exdata folder. do you know where idps is located in the hard drive?

2. 153
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    Inside HFW Tools there should be and option to dump IDPS. You won't find it as it's not a file

Algol and atreyu187 like this.
  3. 2,000
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You have HEN, launch multiMAN. It displaying your IDPS somewhere in settings/system information. At least on CFW, but maybe it also works on HEN. Write this number and put into hex editor on PC (as hex values of course, not as string ;)). Save file as name You want and this is Your IDPS.

4. 2,238
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    WebMAN MOD, PSN Patch do the same as what @Berion has suggested. These will display both your IDPS and PSID for you.

Algol and Berion like this.
  5. 5,393
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Castlevania Junkie Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    This is what I suggest as you don't have to write it down like you do for multiMAN or webMAN

Algol likes this.
  6. 74
    Algol

Algol Member

Salut mon ami, le vieux "Algol, la papy" est de retour (scène PS2).

Saurais-tu comment récupérer le "eid-root-key" d'une console PS3 modèle Super-Slim (CECH-4204C) que je viens de passer récemment sous le HEN (pas sous le HAN). Je suis un "novice" en terme de compréhension de l'Anglais, j'ai cherché un peu partout mais je n'ai rien trouvé à ce sujet. Peux-tu m'éclairer s'il te plait ?
    Mon but est de pouvoir lire le contenu du DD interne de la PS3 via un PC avec les logiciels de "Aldo" et de pouvoir en extraire les données sans que la console soit démarrée.

In English :
    Hi my friend, the old "Algol, the grandpa" is back (PS2 scene).

Would you know how to recover the "eid-root-key" of a PS3 console model Super-Slim (CECH-4204C) that I just passed recently under the HEN (not under the HAN). I am a "novice" in terms of understanding English, I searched everywhere but I did not find anything about it. Can you enlighten me please ?
    My goal is to be able to read the contents of the PS3 internal HDD via a PC with the software of "Aldo" and to be able to extract the data without the console being started.

7. 2,238
    Cypher_CG89

As far a I am aware you can only dump the eid_root_key on CFW.

You could always FTP data from the PS3 to PC using webMAN MOD, this is what I do even though I have 2 CFW PS3's. Its simpler than removing the HDD each time I want something off the HDD or put something on the HDD from PC.

8. 74
    Algol

Algol Member

Le "eid-root-key" n'a pas qu'un seul usage et, effectivement, je le prend sur mes deux consoles en CFW (CECH-2004A et CECH-2504B) via le célèbre "Rebug-4.82.2/Cobra-7.55 REX" (CEX et DEX). Je souhaiterai pouvoir le récupérer et l'utiliser comme il me semble, si c'est nécessaire. Cela est-il possible ???

The "eid-root-key" does not have a single use and, indeed, I take it on my two CFW consoles (CECH-2004A and CECH-2504B) via the famous "Rebug-4.82.2 / Cobra-7.55 REX "(CEX and DEX). I wish I could retrieve it and use it as I see fit, if it is necessary. Is this possible ???

9. 2,238
    Cypher_CG89

Yes you can dump it on REBUG CFW's. If you go into REBUG Toolbox to the "Utilities" Column it will be somewhere near the bottom of that column where the option to dump the eid_root_key will be.

You also need the eid_root_key to convert your CEX PS3 to DEX if using REBUG REX CFW, again all do-able in the REBUG Toolbox.

Algol likes this.
  10. 74
    Algol

Algol Member

Donc, et à priori il est impossible de récupérer le "eid-root-key" dans une console en HFW sous le HEN et pas mieux si elle est sous le HAN, je me trompe ???

So, and a priori it is impossible to recover the "eid-root-key" in a console in HFW under the HEN and not better if it is under the HAN, I'm wrong ???

11. 2,000
    Berion

Berion Developer

@Algol
    Hi, and sure I can, but only bad message I have for You today. ;(

ERK can be read only by decrypting meta loader. The problem is, we don't know how to do it on consoles with new bootloaders (those who left fabric with fw 3.56 or newer) so this fully covering up all CECH-3xxx/4xxx and some late CECH-25xx. Well, at least this is what I heard from @habib when I asked similar question. ^^

Since we have HEN there is a potential that someone in future will use this gate to further investigating.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  12. 74
    Algol

Algol Member

@Berion

Hello mon ami de longue date (les PS2). Je te remercie vivement pour ta réponse car je sais que tu as toujours été à la hauteur pour tout ce que tu as entrepris par le passé comme pour le présent. Tu es l'un des graphistes que j'aime le plus (sur nos vieilles PS2) mais je ne t'ai pas suivi sur les PS3. Je souhaite que tu ai retrouvé un bon travail correctement rémunéré.

Très cordialement.

PS : quel temps fait-il en Pologne ???

Hello my longtime friend (the PS2). I thank you very much for your answer because I know that you have always been up to the task for everything you have done in the past as for the present. You're one of the graphic artists I love the most (on our old PS2) but I did not follow you on the PS3. I wish you found a good job well paid.

Very cordially.

PS: what's the weather like in Poland ???

13. 5
    cicoleo

cicoleo Forum Noob

i knew about this option but i tried it and it didnt dump it on my usb. not really sure about what im saying because i dont have webman installed

14. 5,393
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

It dumps it on your HDD not USB.

Algol likes this.
  15. 5
    cicoleo

cicoleo Forum Noob

where exactly?

16. 5,393
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    [QUOTE = "cicoleo, post: 187097, member: 47550"] where exactly? [/ QUOTE]

hdd0 / tmp

Look at CFW settings log. Open the text and you will see the IDPS. IDPS but change .txt to .hex

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Algol likes this.
  17. 5
    cicoleo

cicoleo Forum Noob

ok so, i copy that number/code onto for instance windows block notes and save that file as a .hex and thats my idps?

18. 2,000
    Berion

Berion Developer

NO! Hex values are representation of binary values but in hexadecimal system (i.e we, "normal peoples" ;) using every day i.e in shop, decimal system). Number systems are a lot, believe me.

So, as I wrote earlier which You didn't read... Open any hex editor (i.e HxD) and write those values in hex area (not string area...).

19. 5
    cicoleo

cicoleo Forum Noob

you know, i did read your reply but the first thing i tried was my windows notepad method and it actually worked with resigning etc.