Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN Infinite Loading in XMB Menu

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by yanvbraz, Mar 26, 2018.

1. 3
    yanvbraz

yanvbraz Forum Noob

Hello guys.

Firstly , I would like to thank the PS3Xploit team for all the hard work to make the dream of playing backups on any model of PS3 possible.

While I was able to install the HAN and the Toolbox, now I am noticing a really annoying side effect on PS3. After loading games, I can't go back to the XMB menu. It just keeps loading forever... the only way I can exit a game is by holding the PS button for a few seconds to access the black exit menu. I know I could just do that everytime but in my point of view this is a bug that shouldn't happen.

Is there anything I can do to fix that, or is it absolutely normal? Even without enabling HAN, I am noticing that with original PSN/Disc games.

ChrxnicMods and DeViL303 like this.
  2. 8,992
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Sounds like there might of been an issue when you installed HAN toolbox ? Be sure to follow all steps.

Should be an easy fix, just Re-installing your firmware will bring back the XMB as it will replace the missing or corrupted files which is more then likely the issue. Which can been caused by a bad download of the installation files, or a bad install or it could be something else you might of did or tried to install? Either way its an easy fix, reinstall your firmware and you should be good to go.

3. 3
    yanvbraz

yanvbraz Forum Noob

Alright, I went into the Recovery Menu and reinstalled the OFW 4.82 from there. After that, I enabled HAN Installer from the latest pack and then, the HAN Toolbox 0.3 menu. Same thing is still happening -_-
    I can't post a picture because I receive that message: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

Also, if it helps anything, my PS3 is a CECH-4014B model.

EDIT: I noticed that after I sorted my games by date and not by format, the XMB infinite loading is happening less often. I don't know what is causing that to be honest.

http://imgur.com/a/9qgGI

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  4. 8,992
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Oh okay i see now by your pic. I was thinking you could not see anything on the XMB.sorry..

Hmmm, i do not know, but perhaps @DeViL303 or @pink1 would have some advice or suggestions to the cause

esc0rtd3w and DeViL303 like this.
  5. 30
    crspypotatochips

crspypotatochips Member

Home Page:
    Always have that problem even on ofw without han on my ps3 ss, especially when i play demanding games.

6. 7,095
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Yeah its a problem a few users have mentioned, not related to HAN Toolbox, they have the same issue before installing the Toolbox pkg too. Its with the category_game.xml in the support files.

Ok, just had a bit of a look, I stripped some of the stuff not required out of the xml, like shop root sections that are only used in shop firmware, BDU root sections etc, also got rid of some dummy items and other entries like xmbm. I think it might be fixed, but I was never having the issue tbh, I was getting some duplicate icons though which seem to be gone so its maybe all related. If someone having this issue can test this xml and let me know?

Just run HAN installer as normal, but replace the xml on the usb with this one.

This is 20kb smaller too, so maybe gain a few milliseconds boot time :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    TheRedBeardedOne and pink1 like this.
  7. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    It also has Singstar removed, forgot to say. :) So if you are a Singstar fan then this xml is not for you.

8. 3
    yanvbraz

yanvbraz Forum Noob

After re-installing HAN replacing category_game.xml with this one, now the XMB is loading way smoothier, regardless if the games were sorted by format (PS3/PS1/PS2/PSP) or date of download! :D

Thank you all for the help.

Oh, tbh I never saw that Singstar thing in my XMB, then it isn't like it would make a difference for me :-p

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Nice one, thanks for testing.

I am still refining it more , probably get a few more kb off it, so much left over junk in the sony xmls, for example they have still left PlayStation home stuff in the PSN xml from years ago. I might do a clean up mod where all the unused stuff is removed. As it seems super slim owners have more trouble with in game XMB than most.

With Singstar, yeah, some regions don't get it. 99.9% of people don't want it, its just a advert for Singstar at the top of your games list, very annoying.

10. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    @yanvbraz @esc0rtd3w @bitsbubba Here is a category_game.xml at 29kb, half the size of the original in the HAN support files, managed to take approx 100 lines of xml out of Package manager too. It was written in a really long way. :)

Tests good here.

This file is for HAN users only, it has extra USB paths removed that are not required on newer consoles, card reader paths removed, app home removed, singstar removed. package manager re written, shop sections removed, BDU sections removed, dummy items removed. No visible changes to XMB or features missing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. 43
    ChrxnicMods

ChrxnicMods Member

Good work dude. The community appreciates your time and efforts!

yanvbraz and DeViL303 like this.
  12. 11
    Sen Pro

Sen Pro Forum Noob

Thank you very much, I had the same annoying issue, I tested this and works perfectly. Tested in PS3 Slim.

DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 16
    PS-Boy1999

PS-Boy1999 Forum Noob

yo DeViL303 did you watche the video from jason ? He managed to get a costum waves :D super cool and the black background is so sick and nice for the eyes ^^

esc0rtd3w and DeViL303 like this.
  14. 7
    givrzeczy

givrzeczy Member

It is still advisable to use this or it will already be integrated in a new toolbox update?

15. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    This was not an issue with the toolbox, and as this file is not part of the toolbox files it can't be integrated into the toolbox pkg unfortunately. This was just a fw file I decided to take a look at independently after seeing people complain of this issue a few times, It's possible it will be integrated into the han support files after more testing if there are still reports of issues, idk you would have to ask Team PS3 Xploit.

pink1 likes this.
  16. 7
    givrzeczy

givrzeczy Member

I go back to the firmware PS3UPDAT 4.82, I reinstalled the exploit.

It's normal for these tickets to come out, Without using "category_game_xml_stripped".
    Sin título-1.jpg

I also noticed that when using the exploit change the color of the games folder PS1 But I'm not sure, After removing and installing exploit keeps happening, Also when you do not have the exploit installed. (Tested on 2 different ps3 with ps1 games)
    Sin título-2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  17. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Im not sure what is going on there tbh.

I don't have time to look at FW files now, you can use the team xploit xml, or the stripped down one I made. If they are both the same then maybe you have an rco problem. idk

18. 12
    semigall

semigall Member

Thanks again DeViL303, i try it that category_game.xml at 29kb and it works great! Now i can quick exit from game.

DeViL303 likes this.
  19. 20
    carlos m

carlos m Member

Hi

@DeViL303 the category_game.xml at 29kb works very good, the XMB is faster but the singstar is still there, I guess it's something with my console, do you know if there is something else I could do?

20. 7,095
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Not sure, that's strange, is it just the link, you definitely don't have it installed? Try press triangle on it,