VITA / PsTV installing AntiBlacklist on PSTV

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by chrisp099, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 23
    chrisp099

chrisp099 Forum Noob

So i tired to install antiblacklist on my pstv on 3.65 enso. after that i couldn't go in to settings anymore as it gave me an error. i was thinking omg i messed it up. then on panic mode i just uninstalled enso and rebooted. once booted everything was back to normal. then i went in to panic mode again, reformatted the memory and rest the entire system.

so now im a bit scared to install AntiBlacklist again. i think the apps uses vita rw on the system folder. is there a safer way to deblacklist the games on the pstv?

Zwei likes this.
  2. 916
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Which version did you installed, as far as i remember, you need 1.2v for better compatibility, mine works flawlessly, PSTV (VTE-1016) running 3.65 Enso, no settings issue here,must be something you did wrong!

Try this build, and report,you shouldnt encounter any issues regarding 3.65 Enso and Blacklist 1.2v

https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/11

Zwei likes this.
  3. 414
    Zwei

Zwei Member

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/make-whitelist-permanent-even-after-coldboot.10687/

best choice
    works until today

4. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

v1 is a mod to ur0, and v2 is to the app.db. to make it permanent, you have to modify vs0, which does require vita rw from what I remember. I think the default apps are in vs0 too, so something must've gone wrong. I really don't know if anti-blacklist permanently fixes it. without that fix, the whitelist will be rebuilt after a coldboot. I think this doesn't affect v2, which is a mod to the app.db in ur0. btw, iirc, I don't think dlc works with v2, so uninstall it if that happens.

5. 10,230
    pinky

btw, I believe vs0 is read only without vita rw. this might've changed with vita shell (not sure). iirc, even if the page errors, you still have privileges. there's a tutorial on here from @atreyu187 , to do this manually. however, one of the white list files contains a typo, but it's pretty easy to figure out the correct name (just compare the original with the blank ones). my guess is that something got messed with vs0. you can see these locations in the app.db -- appicon table or even the appinfo one. afaik, v2 changes the category of certain games, bypassing the sfo flag. there are some games, maybe 10% that still don't work due to these flags, but I've yet to encounter one.

6. 23
    chrisp099

chrisp099 Forum Noob

When I install v1 in antiblacklist I get this error.
    [​IMG]

V2 installed with no side effects that I'm aware of.
    I went through this procedure of installing h-encore>henkaku>vitashell>enso>antiblacklist.

I'm thinking about just doing it manually. Does vita rw have an option to just set vs0 to rw or it just auto rw to the entire file system? Can the rw be set to r again after the install?

7. 10,230
    pinky

I'm not sure about the entire file system it should turn off when you reboot the system.

I've seen that error before when using henkaku via the browser. that isn't exactly stable. I think it's the error where the app crashes. I've never seen it happen with system settings though;.

8. 23
    chrisp099

chrisp099 Forum Noob

i installed the vita rw found out it was causing the settings app error. i deleted vita rw and installed antiblacklist v1 and v2, this time with no settings error.

Thanks all.

pinky likes this.
  9. 10,230
    pinky

I thought you might be doing that. I'm not sure if the app messes with vs0, but that error suggests that. u don't need vita rw for ur0;. glad you got it working though.