IRISMAN 4.85 Stuck

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Gamepimp, Jan 29, 2020.

1. 2
    Gamepimp

Gamepimp Forum Noob

I upgraded to IRISMAN 4.85 (on Rebug 4.85 CFW) recently. When I launch the program it gets stuck at "Scanning All Games". I've given it over an hour to see if it will finally complete, but it never does. I'm wondering if something from the old installation might be causing it to hang. Anyone else have this issue?

2. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I get a little paranoid with installing new versions of things. in fact, whenever I update twilight menu++ on the 3ds, I always uninstall and delete all traces before installing a later version. with that being said, you might try it in case something has gotten corrupted.

3. 2
    Gamepimp

Gamepimp Forum Noob

Yeah, me too. It's sort of like that old adage goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." right? LOL! I can delete the program, but any idea where it's stored on the HDD so I can look for any residual files?

4. 3,424
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Once you delete it, all the files should be gone form the HDD. But if you really wanted to go looking things like this are found in dev_hdd0/games.

5. 62
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

Hmm. I had the exact same problem... I never tried to remove an old IRISMAN installation, because I think I never had one. I tried an older IRISMAN pkg, but that didn't work out either. I gave up then...
    btw, I'm also on 4.85.1 rebug lite cfw.

6. 2
    pilg0re

pilg0re Forum Noob

I had the same problem with a clean install of Rebug about two months ago, and just now got back to trying to figure out what's wrong. Honestly, I was hoping a new version of IRISMAN would come out and the would fix the issue, but lol no.

At first IRISMAN worked great, and I used it to convert games to be loaded from NTFS. Out of nowhere it started glitching out, and now any time it boots it gets stuck on the same "Scanning all games" screen. I have deleted and reinstalled the newest version of IRISMAN multiple times, with no success, so I suspect something is corrupted outside of the IRISMAN installation folder that doesn't get deleted during the deletion process. I have no idea what or where that would be, though.

I can say that the HDD light starts, then very quickly stops during the "scanning all games" screen. So there's something it's catching quickly.

Anyone have any luck fixing this yet?

7. 3,424
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    If there is an issue with the app that a few people seem to be having it would be best to issue a bug report on the GitHub repo for the app so it easier for @aldostools to see how many people are having this issue and can look into it.

Also you could post the issue on the IRISMAN release thread if you have no GitHub account and tag aldo in it like I did above with the @ before his name so the next time he logs in to the site hes alerted to this issue, just don't abuse it by spamming it as that is extremely annoying and will most likely just get you ignored. Also the dev has stated recently that he is busy at the minute so don't expect fixes or response straight away.

No point in twisting about bugs and no fixes if people are not reporting them in the right ways or the dev has no idea if there is a bug, if its an isolated incident, how many people are having this issue. This goes for any app, I see people twisting left right and centre but then you see no bug report from them if the issue is not solved by anyone on here helping out.

8. 2
    pilg0re

pilg0re Forum Noob

For anyone still paying attention to this thread, I figured out the problem on my end (sorta). Definitely a corrupted game on the hard drive (psp game, most likely). You can follow the github issue here; if I find out which game it is, I'll post it:

https://github.com/aldostools/IRISMAN/issues/1

9. 8,442
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

First step to trace this would be remove all game rips so they don't get scanned, (rename GAMES, GAMEZ, PSXISO, PS2ISO, PS3ISO, PSPISO folders while testing), then if the backup manager works OK with no games have a look through your games for anything that stands out, corrupt filename, special characters in file name, tiny filesize etc.

If nothing stands out there, what I would do is just add 50% of the games back and see if freeze comes back, if you don't get any freeze you know the issue is in the other 50% so add half of those and so on, it won't take long to track it down like that...divide and conquer.

The last time I saw an issue like this, the user had renamed some games in their param.sfo adding "I <3".

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020