PS3 IRISMAN 4.86 + MAMBA v8.3 update by Aldostools

Discussion in 'IRISMAN (Fork)' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 12, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 12, 2020 at 12:13 PM
  1. 9,628
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Update v4.86.1: see below for changes
    Developer @aldostools whom we recently interviewed in The Power Supply Series, if you have not seen that interview yet, it can be seen >here<. Now the developer is back with a new update for the popular IRISMAN (AIO) manager for homebrew enabled PS3 consoles to support the new 4.86 (firmware) update.

The developer has not just added new FW support but has also made an update (v8.3) to MAMBA payload (an alternative for Cobra on non Cobra CFWs) . This update to MAMBA (that's injected from IRISMAN) has added support for @DeViL303 PoC of loading games from a modified Photo Column that appears in "Games". There are some other neat MAMBA features, like when you disable CFW syscalls they can be re enabled without a restart to the PS3 Console, This mamba update also provides some other tweaks and enchantments that the developer has outlined in the changelog below:

Irisman_V3.jpg

• IRISMAN 4.86

(Videos is of an older version of IRISMAN)

Update: IRISMAN 4.86.1

• Integrates exFAT File Manager by lmirel
      What's new in IRISMAN 4.86?
      • Detection of firmware 4.86
      • Updated Movian 5.0.700 by deank / andoma
      • Added MAMBA 8.3 for 4.84 to 4.86 (this is the main feature that needs to be tested)
      • Fixed blackscreen loading IRISMAN if webMAN was running on nonCobra mode

New features in MAMBA 8.3:
      • Restore disabled CFW Syscalls without Reboot just entering to Settings > System Update on XMB by aldo
      • Auto-enable dev_blind by aldo
      • Integrated fan controller (to control fan when webMAN is unloaded) by aldo
      • Support Photo GUI integration with webMAN MOD (mount games from Photo column) by aldo/DeViL303
      • Extended API with additional opcodes for developers by aldo
        • LV1 Pokes (8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit)
        • LV2 Pokes (8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit)
        • Map Path Callback (experimental)
        • Get Map Path info
        • Get / Set fan speed
        • Enable/disable features: Photo GUI, Auto mount dev_blind, Restore Syscalls
        • Create CFW Syscalls (6,7,8,9,10,11,15,389,409)
        • Updated ps3mapi_load_process_modules to load custom modules and system modules (by haxxxen)
        • Added ps3mapi_get_process_module_info
      • Increased from 24 to 32 the max number of map paths by aldo
      New features in MAMBA 8.2:
      • On-the-fly reActPSN for activation of PSN content (rap files, edat, act.dat) by habib
      • Load Kernel Plugins on startup or on demand (static & dynamic addresses) by habib
      • Advanced QA Flag & Debug Settings Enabler by habib
      • Custom Syscalls for set / get fan policy by habib
      • LV2 module patches for download_plugin, autodownload_plugin, nas_plugin, psp remote play, etc. by Joonie/DeViL303
      • Improvements to PS3MAPI by TheRouletteBoi
        • Added a better set process memory by using the function used to actually write to process, this will allow user to write to memory where writing permissions are disabled.
        • Added ps3mapi_process_page_allocate this function will allocate memory into the eboot process allowing your to write/read/execute code into start_address parameter
        • Added ps3mapi_get_process_module_segments which will get the name, module path, module segments, module start and module stop address all in one function
        • Added ps3mapi_create_process_thread to create thread into the process, This is useful if you want to load a small function into the process without needed make and load a sprx module

The equivalent "Cobra 8.3" (untested version) is available in this fork:

DISCLAIMER: These payloads are experimental and it's advised to not install these versions of Cobra or Mamba payloads permanently if you don't have a firmware flasher.

IRISMAN-v2.93-9-mod.jpg File Manager.png

Download:

Source (release post): psx-place.com

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    T.A.U, zecoxao, rocknard and 12 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'IRISMAN (Fork)' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Zwei
      Zwei
      thanks
      aldostools likes this.
    2. bucanero
      bucanero
      nice! such a neat Easter release! :D
      zecoxao, STLcardsWS and aldostools like this.
    3. TonyClifton
      TonyClifton
      Is it HEN compatible?
    4. Coro
      Coro
      yeah just dont use mamba...hen dont need it
      TonyClifton and aldostools like this.
    5. jolek
      jolek
      I'm having problems with launching new IRISMAN_4.86.
      After installation and setting the screen, message appear to install IRISMAN on /dev_hdd0/GAMES:
      [​IMG]
      After that console freezes.

Currently I'm on Rebug 4.85.1 LITE CEX with Cobra 8.2 - CECH-2004A.
    6. Tiimex
      Tiimex
      Hi guys n00b here,
      So, I have here mmCM on my 4.85 CFW jailbroken ps3.
      What will change if I update to 4.86 through this IRISMAN/MAMBA version?
      I don't know nothing about MAMBA/COBRA.
      I just want to play online, get my trophies and make the "update your system" sh**t message disappear. (Is this possible with that?)

The thing is, will be as easy as mmcm/cobra to load my games (which are on internal hdd)?

Thanks guys.
      Sorry for my rusty english.
    7. devinfriday
      devinfriday
      Hi, i have the latest version of irisman and after backing up like 6 games i can only see the last one. The disk space was eaten away during the process, so the other games should be there. Any ideas?
      TIA
    8. armorsnake
      armorsnake
      It freezes because you have too many backups on HDD0 ;) Just joking, try again after restar, reinstall Irisman or update rebug to 4.86.1.
      jolek likes this.
    9. sandungas
      sandungas
      Looks like a language innacuracy
      That screen is asking you the path of your PS3 JB game backups
      It offers several paths, if you tell NO to "/dev_hdd0/GAMES" is going to offer you to use "/dev_hdd0/GAMEZ" instead... and so on

Edit:
      I mean.... the innacuracy is in the word "install" because you are not installing the game backups... you are just "storing" them
      jolek likes this.
    10. aldostools
      aldostools
      Check the path where you stored your games: /GAMES or /PS3ISO (all uppercase)

Use the file manager (SELECT+START) to find the games and move them if it's necessary.
      devinfriday likes this.
    11. jolek
      jolek
      Thanks for suggestions, due the lack of time I'll try to re-test it in Friday.
    12. aldostools
      aldostools
      That text was inherited from the original source of Iris Manager.
      https://github.com/Estwald/irismanager-4-x/blob/master/source/language.c#L62

I only changed the term "Want to use" to "Do you want to use"

The prompt is intended to define where you want to "copy" the games when you backup them from the original disc. So in some sense you're "installing" them on the internal HDD ;)
    13. sandungas
      sandungas
      Hehe, i guessed that text comes from estwald, in this case i would have reduced it like this:
      PS3 game backups path = dev_hdd0/GAMES ? (and the YES/NO dialog to confirm or to select other path)

Im some way im reducing the amount of info given to the user (im not telling if are "installed" or "stored"), but i think is better this way because is more generic, and easyer to translate too
      T.A.U, Algol and aldostools like this.
    14. devinfriday
      devinfriday
      I have solved the mystery, the AIO guide for hen does not tell you to rename the iso and move it to another folder... I was overwriting the isos over and over. Is there a guide for irisman somewhere? Tnx.

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
      aldostools likes this.
    15. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      v4.86.1 Update..

IRISMAN 4.86.1
      - Integrates exFAT File Manager by lmirel
    16. jolek
      jolek
      Updating FW into Rebug 4.86.1 LITE seems to help...

Although I have also tried to install new version of a IRISMAN 4.86.1 on Rebug 4.85.1 LITE.

BTW I do not have any problems with re-installing IRISMAN 4.85...
      no matter on what FW I was on.
      aldostools likes this.
    17. PLAYER 1
      PLAYER 1
      I cant launch psx games with irisman 4.86.1 and 4,84 on hen 3.01(4.86)
      @aldostools
      Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    18. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      so, if i want to try Mamba, i go to rebug toolbox, disable cobra and install Irisman? Is that simple, or i have to use some mamba loader etc?
    19. aldostools
      aldostools
      Yes, just disable Cobra and IRISMAN will load MAMBA. It will stay in memory until you reboot.

If you need to load it permanetly, with Cobra disabled load the mamba payload (.bin) with:
      /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel_nocobra.txt
      put the path of the mamba payload inside the file. Rebug will load it without have to use a loader.
      T.A.U likes this.