IRISMAN - File Manager

Discussion in 'IRISMAN (Fork)' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 4, 2014.

1. 8,702
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

IrisMan File Manager.PNG
    by: Aldostools
    ABOUT: File Manager (IRISMAN)
    This is a Standalone File Manager, The same File Manager found in the popular Iris Manager fork known as IRISMAN by developer Aldo Vargas (aka aldostools). You do not need IRISMAN installed as this is a standalone package that only contains the file manager.

FEATURES

• HEX Editor
    • Menu Split View (Vertical or Horizontal)
    • Mount /dev_blind/
    • LV1 / LV2 Dump
    • RAM / LV2 Editor
    • FTP
    • Build ISO from folder
    • and various other features and options included.

ScreenShots
    File Manager.png File Manager_1.png File Manager_2.png File Manager_3.png File Manager_4.png File Manager_5.png
    Scroll through the ScreenShots & click for larger view

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. 18
    Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Member

Is there a backup of this somewhere? A long shot I know :(

3. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
  4. 8,702
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

5. 18
    Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Member

Mediafire folder not found :(

6. 7,474
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    If you are looking for file manager (look at the threat name) then is here: http://www.psx-place.com/forum/ps3-homebrew/download-91-file-manager-irisman.html (don't use mirror is outdated)

But if you looking for Irisman here is newest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pmf75fpdaxng9dn/IRISMAN_3.46.pkg

3.46 version if this help you.

Changes 3.45 to 3.46:

- Updated Payload for 4.70 CEX
    - 4.70 DEX support including MAMBA
    - Fixed fan controller payload,
    [however, it still has old audio glitching bug when using payload mode since the official IRIS, I personally recommend webMAN instead]
    - Korean language support
    - Fixed auto button swap, all previous IRISMAN used to execute read_settings() before read_from_registry();, which explains why it was not working properly without changing ini file, now it properly detects region setting from registry, and apply that "buttonAssign" setting to IRIS without changing setting.ini, this should make all Asian users happier Thanks again [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] for tips

Changes done by Habib & Joonie ...I think

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  7. 18
    Flappyraccoon

Flappyraccoon Member

Thank you both so much! I'll just post here what I learned in case any others are curious. The old file manager didn't support the 4.70 firmware but after looking at the contents inside both packages I found the stand alone file manager was identical to a normal Irisman release except for two changed settings in the "settings.ini" file. So if you want to run Irisman 3.46 as just a file manager open up the settings files and change "FileManager = 0" to "FileManager = 1" under GUI. I also changed the "OptionsShowPIC1 = 0" to "OptionsShowPIC1 = 1" since it was in the settings on the old file manager package. No idea if that one is required. Update both the "settings.ini" and "settings_default.ini" then overwrite and you're good.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  8. 28
    ricardo18

ricardo18 Forum Noob

Is there any possibility of making it FW - independent?

9. 3,076
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

If you replace RELOAD.SELF in /dev_hdd0/game/IRISMAN02/USRDIR with the one from IRISMAN 3.50.7 you will have support for all CFW currently available.

IIRC it will start even if the CFW is not supported. It will show a warning and continue, but you will not be able to perform certain functions like mount ISO.

10. 28
    ricardo18

ricardo18 Forum Noob

Thanks mate ;)

11. 558
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

The download link for the standalone file manager is broken

12. 8,702
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

I do not have a link at the moment. I am sure someone will be kind to post one (and i will update in our new download section, as this link is point to our old one that is no longer since the site software change.

13. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

@STLcardsWS
    Can you update the OP with this mirror, I am on Tapatalk & there are tables so editing is risky....?
    Should I add this to resources later?

@kadorna2

Irisman File Manager 3.50.8
    Here is a mirror.
    I have not found a more recent release so you get the firmware not supported message on launch but you can continue the file manager works. Some features like mount iso won't work though as syscalls are not working.

To make it work with 4.80, you need to replace RELOAD.SELF in /dev_hdd0/game/IRISMAN02/USRDIR with the same file coming from the Irisman backup manager 3.50.10 pkg. The 4.80 mamba & payloads files are in the Irisman 3.5.10 pkg as well btw.

I will make such a 4.80 compatible standalone Irisman File Manager pkg later on to post here.

I wish I had the source for this actually. I would update it as we move on CFW. @aldostools ?

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  14. 3,076
    aldostools

Source code: https://github.com/aldostools/IRISMAN

This app is IRISMAN but with a setting to make it start in File Manager mode.

The pkg is identical to IRISMAN Lite, except for the ICON0, the titleid & title in PARAM.SFO and the following values changed in settings.ini / settings_default.ini:
    Code:
    FileManager = 1
    FTPserver = 1

If you launch IRISMAN holding R2 or L2, the manager will start directly in File Manager mode too like this app does.

bguerville likes this.
  15. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Easier than expected...
    Great!

16. 558
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

I actally did this exact same thing before you posted it and it works perfectly. thanks a lot!

quick question: would it take too much memory by adding the ntfs drivers to webman? an ftp server with ntfs partition mounting right at system startup would be awesome

17. 3,076
    aldostools

I have tried to implement the ntfs library in ftp (at least to measure the memory impact), but I had compilation issues due wMM is compiled with SDK and the ntfs library is for ps3l1ght.

Indeed in ftp.h I added the flag NTFS_EXT to use ps3ntfs_diropen instead of cellFsOpendir, for testing purposes.

Maybe if another developer helps me to solve the compilation issue, I could implement it. I agree that it would be awesome.

18. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Everything is possible of course but I believe that what you are asking requires quite a bit of work...

Right now, there is no real ntfs support in wMM.
    prepNTFS just creates some "link" files for wMM to index the games which can then be mounted.
    The mounting feature is provided by rawseciso.sprx plugin AFAIK which allows mounting of iso in raw mode, it's used to mount iso from a ntfs partition in read only mode.
    The ability to mount an iso from a read only ntfs partition was probably deemed sufficient...

The read/write ntfs feature in Irisman is basically based on a port of the ntfs-3g library for Android, first ported to Wii & then to the playstation platform by Estwald. It supports ntfs & ext2/3/4.

If you want a ps3 ftp server with NTFS support you could use movian.

Sent with Tapatalk

19. 3,076
    aldostools

Correct! However the mounting feature of ISO images stored on NTFS devices is provided by a thread created internally by wMM.

deank adapted the original code for rawseciso.sprx included in the examples of Cobra 7 (source code) to work as a thread, to save resources and don't depend of external files.

Also Francisco "Estwald" Muñoz improved the rawseciso.sprx for support of fake ISO and multi-disc PS1. That plugin is what Iris Manager and forks use to load the ISOs, except that the sprx file is called "sprx_iso".

I merged both codes, added support for more CD sector sizes, and made it a separate file in wMM: include/rawseciso.h

It has the fake ISO feature (used by .ntfs[BDFILE] created by IRISMAN), but the multi-disc PS1 is partially ported. I also left the option to use the rawseciso from Estwald (raw_iso.sprx) instead of the internal code because it was the initial aproach that I used. To use it, add the tag [raw] to the file name of the iso.

bguerville and pinky like this.
  20. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Do you want me to take a look at the compilation issue Aldo?
    That kind of port can be a real headache to do..... Or not.... Hard to tell before looking into the libntfs_ext project itself.
    Did you just link the .a library file into wMM?

I already have things on the go but I would gladly put them on the back burner because ntfs support in wMM is the best additional feature I can think of.

Just like you & everyone else, having libntfs included in wMM has been one of my dreams for ages... Ever since I use wMM basically...

Sent with Tapatalk