Developer @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.
README IS STILL IN PROGRESS, IF YOU SEE ANY ERROR PLEASE TELL ME OR PUSH A COMMIT
webMAN MOD is a homebrew plugin with many features added on the original webMAN/sMAN by Deank. Our goal was to create an AIO plugin all that integrates all existing features available on the PS3 Scene in an intuitive way, and webMAN MOD was born.
webMAN vanilla features
- Support on all custom firmwares with Cobra feature enabled (ver 4.46-4.84 CEX, DEX & DECR)
- Support on REBUG firmware with Cobra feature disabled (ver 4.84.2 CEX & DEX)
- Support on REBUG firmware with Mamba loaded via boot_plugins_nocobra_kernel.txt (ver 4.84.2 CEX & DEX)
- Support on PS3HEN on 4.82 OFW and 4.84 HFW CEX & DEX
- Support on classic custom firmware with Mamba loaded via IRISMAN (ver 3.41-4.84 CEX & DEX)
- Support on classic custom firmware with Mamba/PRXLoader (ver 3.41-4.84 CEX & DEX)
- Support on classic custom firmware with PRXLoader (ver 3.41-4.84 CEX & DEX)
- All PS3 Models (including all fat, Slim 20xx, 21xx, 25xx, 3xxx & SuperSlims 4xxx) are supported via PS3HEN payload
- All PS3 Models capable to downgrade to 3.56 or lower are supported via PS3Xploit Flash Writer (aka PS3Xploit 2.0) See http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models for compatibility with CFW
webMAN MOD additional features
- FTP server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart)
- WWW server with remote control functions (scroll down for the complete list of shortcuts)
- Support for loading and browsing of [local] PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1/PS2/PSP games in ISO format with cover display
- NETISO support for network loading and browsing of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, and PS1 games in ISO format.
- NTFS support for PS3 and PS1 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
- Dynamic Fan Control and in-game temperature monitoring
- PAD shortcuts (*open include/combos.h for a complete list of shortcuts)
- Keep USB device awake
- Mount last game or AUTOBOOT.ISO to system startup
- Support direct access to NTFS devices through web & ftp (1.45 / 1.45.11)
- XMB integration XMB proxy (1.46 / 1.46.00)
- Integrated prepNTFS (1.47)
- Easy installer/updater
- Translated to 23 languages
- VSH Menu integration (hold SELECT to show the menu)
- sLaunch GUI integration (hold START or R2+L2 on XMB to show the GUI)
- New folder icons (by Brunolee & Berion)
- It can mount PS2 Classics games on PS2 Classic Launcher (.BIN.ENC)
- Automatic CONFIG creation for PS2ISOs and PS2 Classic using config database from ManaGunZ or the database of CONFIG created by the installer
- ROMS support through PKG/ROM Launcher and RetroArch
- It can auto-mount any custom folder, ISO or open an URL on startup. Official only can mount AUTOBOOT.ISO
- Title ID can be displayed on XMB menu
- Covers are shown using the Title ID on the file name of the ISO. Official needs to mount the game to show the covers.
- Option for online covers display (free service provided by DeViL303)
- It can rip a game from disc to hdd0 or copy from hdd0 to usb000 or from usb00x to hdd0.
- FTP server includes new SITE commands to allow copy/paste files locally, unmount game, toggle external gamedata, turn on/off dev_blind, change file attributes
- /dev_blind and /dev_hdd1 are automounted when accessed via FTP or URL
- Safe upload mode prevents a brick/semi-brick if power fails during ftp uploads to /dev_blind.
- Increased security: ADMIN mode blocks access to critical functions like /setup.ps3, /delete.ps3; Password for FTP server access; limit remote access to specific IP
- Integrated external gameDATA allows installation of packages & game data on external USB drives
- Web Debugger (remote peek/poke/find bytes, dump lv1 & lv2 memory)
- Support for automatic or manual removal of CFW syscalls and spoof console id (IDPS/PSID)
- All LV2 peek/pokes are done through syscalls 8/9 (CFW only) - syscalls 6/7 used only by PS3HEN
- Extended support up to 5 remote network servers
- Several shortcuts to toggle Cobra, swap Rebug files, mount net0/ or net1/, show IDPS/PSID, etc.
- Support for user defined combos (pad shortcuts)
- Enable screen capture on CFW that don't has the feature.
- Enable selection of emulator for PS1 and PS2 on B/C consoles
- Various improvements on File Manager (file & folder icons, links to navigate faster, mount ISO, mount net0/ or net1/, preview images, copy/paste/delete files & folders)
- MIN+ memory profile (same as MIN but uses 512K and 2.5X more buffer for PS3 games)
- MAX+ memory profile (same as MAX 1280K for PS3 games, others buffer is reduced, eg: 2X less buffer for ftp and 4X for DVD etc...)
- Copy operations use shadow copy on hdd0 for faster copy operations
- Scan for games on the stealth folder "/video"
- Support last_game.txt / autoboot on nonCobra edition
- "Offline" mode (blocks some PSN/tracking servers) and automatic restore when CFW syscalls are removed. Game updates still work in this mode. (v1.33.03)
- XMBM+ integration when grouping of XMB content is disabled (v1.33.03)
- Extended Content Profile Grouping (v1.33.07) - common files + individual content (4 profiles)
- PS3 Manager API Support (PS3MAPI) compatible with RTM tools
- Integrated Mysis video_rec plugin and get klicensee
- Support for .ntfs[BDFILE] (fake ISO created by IRISMAN or prepNTFS) - Used to play movies or install large packages on NTFS
- Support to mount NTFS games using raw_iso.sprx (rawseciso by Estwald) - Supports fake ISO
- Support for auto-fix games that require higher FW version (4.20 and later)
- Optional Video subfolder to "Bluray™ and DVD" folder (Display RetroXMB videos, videos on USB devices and Data Disc icon)
- Coverflow-like webGUI aka "slider" provides a mobile/desktop friendly GUI for fast game selection.
- 2 GUI Themes: sMAN-like graphical interface & webMAN original theme
- Extended system information (Title ID, game icon, APP Version, IDPS/PSID, CFW version, last played game)
- Display of Play time & startup time to SELECT+START and /cpursx.ps3 (Use SELECT+START+R2 to display Game ID, Title, play time and more in-Game info)
- Virtual pad allows send button events remotely via http://pad.aldostools.org on web browser or with webPAD software (Windows only)
- dev_bdvd/PS3_UPDATE now is redirected when the plugin is loaded (and when a game is mounted) [This is intended to prevent an accidental update if a game disc is inserted in the drive]
- Added /play.ps3 to launch XMB Functions (e.g: /play.ps3?col=network&seg=seg_premo) <- this will start Remote Play server from XMB.
- Once a game is mounted via html, if you click on the displayed icon the game will be launched on the PS3. This is nice to start the game once it's mounted from your mobile This option uses the new command /play.ps3
- Support for auto-play any supported ISO, game folder or auto-open an URL link
- Support for change BD/DVD region
- NETISO server on PS3 (ISO only) lets share games among PS3 consoles in a LAN
- Support for local web chat (source code only)
- Support edition of small text files (<2KB) via web
- Download files & install PKG remotely or with pad shortcuts
- Support batch script automation at startup (boot_init.txt or autoexec.bat) or played at any time (/play.ps3/.bat)
- Use "home" path to define default path for /app_home/PS3_GAME on start up and for R2+START (e.g. make app_home start multiMAN or IRISMAN)
webMAN MOD 1.47.25
- Added icons to common file types in File Manager
- Home URL setting now can set default /app_home/PS3_GAME icon on start up
- Added support for external wm_custom.xml in webMAN's game list on XMB
webMAN MOD 1.47.24
- PS2 Classics: Added support for PIC1/PIC2 and SCEVMC0.VME per game
- BIN.ENC extensions now are case insensitive
- Added 3 missing EBOOT keys (0x5D) to psp_extra_keys array (tags 07, 18, 27)
- Restored support for VSH Menu & sLaunch for Russian language (issues #174 #180 #237)
- Fixed autoplay when PS2 Classics are mounted
- Fixed bug parsing title id of PS2Classics & PS2ISO
- Fixed issue #236 blank checks in /setup.ps3 when Sylk engine is used.
- Fixed fan control issues #227 #228 #233
- Fixed detection of rom extensions: .GB, .GG, .SG, .WS, .VB (issue #232)
- Fixed Refresh XML when remote net host is offline / not responding
- Fixed fan control being set to dynamic when /cpursx.ps3 was accessed from sMAN GUI
- Merged @NvrBst's fork of ps3netsrv: now supports encrypted ps3 isos (3k3y / redump)
Updated Mamba 8.2 with support for CD sector sizes: 2328 & 2340 and non-PLAYSTATION CDs
- Removed encoded PS2 config files from installer. Use PS2CONFIG.pkg for 946 ENC files converted by @kozarovv
- Added option to select VSH memory container [MC] by id [4 - bg is recommended]
- Added combo R2+START to launch /app_game/PS3_GAME/
- Use home url in /setup.ps3 to config a default app to launch with R2+START
- sMAN GUI now has access to home url if enabled in /setup.ps3
- Added detection of last number in name/title to sort games (XML/HTML)
- Added 3 new web commands: /idps.ps3, /psid.ps3, /consoleid.ps3
- Fixed L2+START and L2+R2 (left disabled by mistake during a test)
- Fixed conflict with patch applied by PS3HEN for in-game screenshot. Thanks @Joonie86
- Improved FTP server receiving small files (Fix for issue #209). Thanks @Joonie86
- Increased to 10 the max number of ftp threads
- Faster start of FTP session now check for ntfs volumes once (not every new 1st session)
- Added FTP command: SITE TIMEOUT
Download for PS3 : Auto Update Link (instant update after install, just need to reboot)
- Added display of plugin edition to error pages (HTML)
- Added support for PSXISO with CD sectors=2368 in prepNTFS (internal & standalone)
- Increased buffer of wm_proxy from 512 to 2048 bytes
- PS3MAPI options now are not shown if Cobra/Mamba is not enabled
- Added COPYBK command to batch scripts (rename source to .bak after copy)
- Make packages & iso folders on hdd0 at startup
- Removed advanced poke used on PS3HEN for fan permissions
*** Use only if you already have installed webMAN MOD ***If you like webMAN MOD, then feel free to contribute with a *small donation*, I'd really appreciate it!
https://www.paypal.me/aldostools (Funds are mainly to cover server costs)
This project is a fork of Iris Manager originally created by Estwald and D_Skywalk, and modified by aldostools (& at times updated and contributed by other devs, including Joonie, Habib, Alexander, NzV, Orion, EvilNat, etc.). IRISMAN includes almost all the features of the original backup manager and the following main features, among many others:
- Extended the support to several CFW
- Changed Sk1e payload to use syscall 38 instead of syscall 8, to avoid conflict with Cobra/MAMBA and legacy apps that use syscall 8.
- Remapped the buttons to XMB / multiMAN style.
- Added support for PSP games.
- Added support retro games (RetroArch has to be installed).
- Direct launch of multimedia files (Requires SHOWTIME.SELF from multiMAN).
- Various GUI modes with modifications (XMB-like, coverflow with a bigger image, grid modes from 3x2 up to 8x6)
- Added option to filter game lists by category, device and name.
- Support background images from PIC0 and ICON0.
- Support MP3 as background music and play from File Manager.
- Several optimizations to File Manager and Hex editor.
- External Mamba payload files.
- Support for spoof IDPS and PSID.
- Access to internet browser.
- Various tweaks to the GUI.
- Various tweaks to sm_monitor (aka fan controller).
- Improved speed of ISO builder.
- Reformatted style of coding.Changelogs (not complete history)
video is of v3.50.1
- Added support for 4.85 CEX
- Added support for 4.83 CEX and 4.84 CEX (Thanks to Cypher_CG89 for the help compiling the binary)
- Added support for 4.82 DEX / DECR
- Added support for 4.82 CEX
- Added support for 4.81 DEX
- Added support for 4.81 (Mamba 3.x uses file hashes from 4.81 Ferrox Cobra)
IRISMAN 3.50.10 [4.80]
- - Added support for Mamba 3.x (thanks to PS3ITA)
- - Implemented PRX Mamba Loader into IRISMAN
- - Added load Mamba through PRX Loader payload.
- - Added support to load Mamba uncompressed.
- - Added display of payload version in Global menu
- - webMAN now is auto-loaded with IRISMAN (the path of the plugin is set in settings.ini)
- - Added display of CPU/RSX temperatures in File Manager
- - Fixed various issues listing games.
- - Changed version to match latest supported CFW version (like in multiMAN)
- - Added support for custom firmware 4.80 CEX/DEX (Thanks to Joonie86)
- - Fixed the option that restore the settings in Fan Controller (6/16/16)
- - Fixed regression loading ISO from ntfs drive (9/13/16)
- - Added Danish translation (thanks to Assassins) (9/16/16)
- - Reverted MAMBA payload to the version used in 3.50.8
- (the new version was causing a black screen that I should investigate)
- - Added support for 4.78DEH (no mamba yet) Thanks to Joonie for the payload
* Requires to have installed the patched PS2 emulators (MAMBA PRX Loader 3.0.0)
- - Updated MAMBA with latest build from Rancid-O (which adds support for PS2ISO)
- - Enabled launch PS2ISO* on Mamba mode
- - Small optimization in ISO builder
- - Added support for 4.78 CEX & 4.78 DEX
- - Fan control is now enabled if fan payload is not applied (e.g. webMAN is not loaded)
- - Added new SM SPRX from Iris Manager 2.96 by Estwald
- - Added fix to ISO build from Iris Manager 2.95 by Estwald
- - Fixed regression in delete directory
- - SM Monitor now display the system stats (fan speed, temperature, free memory, free space on HDD)
- * Hold SELECT+L2 on XMB to toggle persistent display of system stats:
- * 1 beep = Enabled, 2 beeps = Disabled
- - Fixed a regression in Build ISO
- - Fixed the payload 4.60 DEX (fixed by @Joonie )
- - Added support for start the manager playing MP3/OGG (dec/4)
- - Fixed a freeze listing games with NP title id (caused by an old debug code)
- - Added support to play MP3/OGG files from File Manager
- - Added support to play up to 100 MP3/OGG/MOD files as background music in Setup Menu
- Put the files in /dev_hdd0/game/IRISMAN00/USRDIR/music/ as music1.mp3, music2.mod, music3.ogg, etc.
- - File Manager now remembers the last used folders
- - Fixed new PS3MAPI opcodes for peek/poke LV2. (Not used by IRISMAN)
- - Added support for new cores in RetroArch 1.2.2 Unofficial Beta 1.3
- - Updated mamba with new opcodes for PS3MAPI that allow peek/poke lv1/lv2 through syscall 8 (to keep access to peek/poke while syscalls are disabled) and extended protection of detection of syscall 8 adding a security key that allow access to syscall 8 only by an authorized process when syscalls are partially-disabled.
- - Added auto-play after mount (requires webMAN MOD running)
- - Fixed: Mamba was being detected as Cobra when sk1e payload was moved to syscall38
- - Backup game disc now ignores the whole PS3_UPDATE folder
- - Improved support for BD Mirror on Cobra/Mamba
- - Added support to unmount games mounted by webMAN
- - sk1e payload now uses syscall 38 to avoid conflicts with Mamba/Cobra syscall 8
- - Updated Mamba to add back the Cobra PSX emulation and extended lv1 peeks
- - Now the GUI can be controlled by multiple game pads (instead of the first connected)
PS3 IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX Support
By STLcardsWS on Sep 11, 2019 at 7:18 PM
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to the PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. And the good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And the even better thing is, he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Abdullah Aboghmri
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193