Is it worth putting the time

Discussion in 'XBOX 360' started by Spawn, Jan 14, 2018.

1. 542
    Spawn

Spawn Member

I have a friend with a water cooled slim. He paid like 150$ back in the day for the mod. Never had any issues with it. I believe it was some Indian dude in Stockholm that did it.

pinky likes this.
  2. 10,746
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

aside from fps and indie games, there's no real reason to own both a 360 and a ps3. now that tales of vesperia is coming to current consoles including the switch, which is the system I'll be buying it on, I have no real reason to own the system. well, there is lost odyssey which is miles above final fantasy xiii which reminds me...I beat that game on the 360. aside from a few memorable boss fights, the game kinda sucks. I played a burn of it on my xenon.

the only other game I'd really play was mega man anniversary collection, but that can easily be played on the ps3. speaking of which, I'm very excited for mega man 11. there's an amiibo for it along with the fact that it's coming out on the switch. unfortunately, the amiiibo and the amiiibo edition systems are game stop exclusive. :(

iirc, with a flashed optical drive, xbox original games must be padded with dvd mulleter. you essentially have to waste a dual layer disc for those. all 360 games are padded to a specific size 7.05GB, 7.29GB, and whatever xgd3 is.

Spawn likes this.
  3. 542
    Spawn

Spawn Member

I did manage to track down a copy of lost Odyssey for the 360, should arrive in a few days. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy, so it'll be fun to see how the two compares. :)

pinky likes this.
  4. 10,746
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it's a big game at four discs. I never beat it though. I think I got to disc 2. funny thing is that with an jtag/rgh it'll swap discs automatically. you can even trick it by starting disc 4 with a save from disc 2, and it will know which disc to load. I managed to backup that save. I can't recall if I played a burn of it or solely on a jtag. iirc, it's from the same creator as the final fantasy series before square enix destroyed the series.

Spawn likes this.