Is it worth putting the time

Discussion in 'XBOX 360' started by Spawn, Jan 14, 2018.

1. 215
    Tupakaveli

Tupakaveli VIP PSX-Place Supporter

A Matrix Glitcher is a little less than an Ace v3.

The same kind of thing happened here in Australia, now we have GST (10%) added on to overseas purchases through eBay and Ali Express etc.

$8 is a bit steep though.

2. 560
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yeah, another solution would be to find someone in UK or Germany to act as a middleman. Civilian gifts don't get the fees applied.

3. 1,534
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

@Spawn @Tupakaveli I just finished my first custom sound mod with just a Teensy 2.0 & the python script on a broken corona v4( won't boot but the sounds still work).
    Everything works pretty good and after a few little tweaks on the python script I have it running on windows.

I had to change
    Code:
    parser_read = subparsers.add_parser('read', help='Dumps device')
    parser_read.add_argument('file', nargs=1, type=argparse.FileType('w'), help='The file to dump to')
    parser_write = subparsers.add_parser('write', help='Writes device')
    parser_write.add_argument('file', nargs=1, type=argparse.FileType('r'), help='The file to write to the device')
    to this to fix the problem of it using the windows line ending.
    Code:
    parser_read = subparsers.add_parser('read', help='Dumps device')
    parser_read.add_argument('file', nargs=1, type=argparse.FileType('wb'), help='The file to dump to')
    parser_write = subparsers.add_parser('write', help='Writes device')
    parser_write.add_argument('file', nargs=1, type=argparse.FileType('rb'), help='The file to write to the device')
    After I got that fixed my dumps were still to big so I changed
    Code:
    ISD2100 = [[0x11, "ISD2130", 0x20000], [0x10, "ISD2115A", 0x10000], [0x01, "ISD2110A", 0xB000]]
    to
    Code:
    ISD2100 = [[0x11, "ISD2130", 0x20000], [0x10, "ISD2115A", 0xB000], [0x01, "ISD2110A", 0xB000]]
    I don't know if I needed to do this but it's working :triumphant:
    Now I can write a sound file from the j runner sounds folder then read it back and they are identical.

Spawn and Tupakaveli like this.
  4. 215
    Tupakaveli

That's really cool, I'm still surprised it's possible with a Teensy lol.

What's wrong with the Corona? If it's RDOD did you check the secondary error code?

5. 1,534
    pink1

I was really surprised how easy it was once I got the script working on Windows. I just ordered a cheap Teensy from ebay & it didn't show up on time so I got it for half price so this turned out to be about a $5 project. Having a Teensy around may come in handy sometimes too.

The Corona is one that someone tried to install a glitch chip & lifted some pads. It can probably be fixed if I would just take the time to find ways to patch it back together. It doesn't get any lights & the fan doesn't even try to start it makes the button sounds and that's it :(

Tupakaveli likes this.
  6. 215
    Tupakaveli

Ah that sucks. Probably not worth the effort, 360s are so cheap these days.

If someone tried to glitch it then it probably doesn't even have the retail NAND on it. I would guess Xell is written to the first 50 blocks.

pink1 likes this.
  7. 1,534
    pink1

Yeah, it was free & it worked for my test so I'm not too upset.

@pinky Is this something you would want to make a guide about? I can't believe that it's not better known.

I have been looking at the python script & keep thinking about making an app, something like sonus 360 but open source. It looks like it could be done but I need to find the info on making the bin from the wav files. At this point with the 360 I don't know if it would even get used lol

8. 1,534
    pink1

Just to play around & try learning a little about working with usb devices I started porting the python script to c# using libusbdotnet to communicate with the Teensy. After some reading & a few silly mistakes I was able to get everything working.
    I haven't messed with creating the bins because it's easy enough to use J runner for that & I don't know if it's worth the time.
    Here is a little gui I have been playing around with. It needs some work & isn't very useful anymore but I'll probably go ahead & post it once I'm happy with everything.
    Capture.PNG

Spawn and Tupakaveli like this.