Is there a homebrew to have all audio output from bluetooth?

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by epicboy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. 133
    epicboy

epicboy Member

Just as the title says. I'm looking to have all audio output from my bluetooth headset. Is this possible?

2. 911
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
  3. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    That is an awesome mod! It would be even better if it could be integrated into webMAN-MOD or maybe a standalone app that turns this on & off.

epicboy likes this.
  4. 3,211
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

As that mod is a patched file that you replace in /dev_flash, you could create a combo to swap the file using

/swap.ps3/<file1>|<file2> - swap files file1 & file2
    OR
    /swap.ps3/<file1>|<file2>?restart.ps3 - swap files file1 & file2, then restart the console

Example:
    GET /swap.ps3/dev_blind/sys/external/libaudio.sprx|/dev_blind/sys/external/libaudio.sprx.bak

5. 3,211
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

@STLcardsWS that mod looks like a great article for main page
    @Joonie that custom libaudio.sprx could be a good addition to consider for 4.82.2 / Rebug Toolbox

lord3490, epicboy, STLcardsWS and 5 others like this.
  6. 911
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    it only needs to send the audio through BT for DS4 only USB by now

epicboy likes this.
  7. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    I'll test this with my slim later tonight and see if I can force the audio to my bluetooth headphones.

That's awesome that webMAN-MOD has a swap file command. I need to read the documentation and see what other commands I might use. Thanks @aldostools

aldostools, epicboy and LuanTeles like this.
  8. 54
    Bereuza

Bereuza Member

It worked fine with my S11-HD, the audio quality was the same as chat though. To be expected I guess, the author mentioned over on Playstationhax that he'll look into it and maybe try to improve the quality over BT. Either way, this is one of the best sprx mods I've seen and long hoped for.

aldostools, epicboy and LuanTeles like this.
  9. 8,929
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

I agree (thanks for the mention) there is numerous and things i want and need to get posted . but right now time is very limited for me. :(
    PSX-Place needs some additional contributors for news, (maybe Santa will bring one :))

in regards to this i will try to get this up asap

lord3490, epicboy and aldostools like this.
  10. 375
    RandQalan

RandQalan Moderator

Just warn it is mono only for now for BT headsets.

11. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    Hopefully someone can tap-in to the audio stream that's used for the Wireless Headset's like the PS Gold Headset.

12. 5,745
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

That thing uses a companion PKG, i was looking at it for other reasons (trying to hunt some rare ATTRIBUTE flags in the PARAM.SFO, no luck though)

But while reading at it, it seems with the app you can configure some settings... that seems to be stored in the headsets (i guess uses some kind of ROM)
    Also, you can send "firmware updates" to the headsets iirc... so the headsets has some kind of "processor" that gets updated

So that app is interecting with the official headsets (gold and silver are different software and IDs) more than i expected, i bet is hiding some secrets XD

complexusername likes this.
  13. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    Yeah there are programmable settings you can push to the headset and I assume it has a ROM to save those settings. The headset has a 1&2 option for different programmable settings to change with a switch (Use preset #1 for Gaming, Use preset #2 for music listening)

14. 5,745
    sandungas

Uhhh, i just had an idea of how could be working, maybe is not related though

In xregistry.sys there are some settings related with the headsets, i guess official ones could have more
    Some/all that headset settings in xregistry.sys doesnt exists initially... are added to xregistry at the time you sync the headsets for first time (and configure it in xmb settings)... or by the companyon app

The idea follows a bit what i just said about a flag inside PARAM.SFO (so at the time you boot the app/game you can enable some feature from the PARAM.SFO related with audio modes)
    But instead of that... by storing settings in xregistry

Im saying this because i dont remember to see anything interesting in the PARAM.SFO of that headset companyon app

Im lazy now to check in wiki which settings could be related with headsets, also, in the wiki xregistry.sys page there are a lot missing (the kind that only appears when you have used a rare function or synced a rare device before), but i remember zerotolerance added some vsh exports/imports some days ago related with xregistry and some of them had a few "rare" periperals listed, i mentioning it incase someone wants to lurk for this, otherway i will take a look later to see if there is something that could be related

15. 289
    complexusername

complexusername Member

IT Consultant
    @sandungas Would you like the xRegistry backup I have for my two consoles? Would that help?

16. 5,745
    sandungas

I think is not needed, im not going to see more than you, but take a look yourself with xregistry editor
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/r2xo2x0xc1xsivi/xRegistryEditor075.rar

What i was trying to find (with a lot of luck) was something very explicit like /setting/bt/headset/mode using a simple value like... 0 (for disabled) so could be changed to 1 (for unknown) or 2 (more more unknowns) etc... the kind of easy experiments
    But i dont see anything so explicit, and it seems there was no headset info stored in xregistry when that info was added to wiki, see all this is related with audio but i dont think is the headset
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/XRegistry.sys

/setting/soundIn/1/usbHeadsetSound
    /setting/soundIn/0/sidetone
    /setting/soundIn/0/volume
    /setting/bt/audio1/sdpinfo
    /setting/bt/audio1/linkkey

If you want to take a look at your xregistry search for names like that... either containing "sound", "bt" or "audio" in its names, but actually i bet is soundOut (and the In is a microphone) because appears here, search in your web broser (ctrl + f) for xSettingAudio or better for xSettingAudioOut in this page
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/VSH_Exports

paf::Sound::Output::GetDeviceInfo(unsigned int, unsigned int, xSettingAudioOutDeviceInfo *)
    paf::Sound::Output::ConfigureAudioOut(unsigned int, xSettingDisplayAudioOutConfigure)
    paf::Sound::Output::LoadAudioRegistry(unsigned int, xSettingAudioOutRegistry *)
    paf::Sound::Output::Mute(unsigned int, xSettingAudioOutMute)
    paf::Sound::Output::GetState(unsigned int, unsigned int, xSettingAudioOutState *)
    paf::Sound::Output::Configure(unsigned int, xSettingAudioOutConfiguration *, xSettingAudioOutOption *, unsigned int)

Are all that exports... are interacting with xregistry.sys file (thats why are named xSetting) either reading/writing/updating it

I guess that ones added settings to your xregistry.sys

Btw, this is just an overview i was curious about... from this point i dont know what to do to achieve what you want

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    complexusername likes this.
  17. 5,745
    sandungas

The point of all that brainstorming about xregistry is because sometimes there are features in the firmware that are not available in retail firmwares (because was experimental or just because it was designed in a very robust way and later not used because "meh")... that features (for headset in this case) should store settings inside xregistry, and the official "gold" headsets is the most probable to store rare settings
    The hack consists in finding that rare ones (incase of luck if there is something to redirect audio) and using them in another headset not official (by changing the device identifyer or something like that)

18. 911
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    no news?

19. 26
    matnyaga

matnyaga Member

Would the above mod work on HAN as well?

20. 37
    deltaxzombies

deltaxzombies Forum Noob

Any chance this can get working on HEN?