VITA / PsTV Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 11,535
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I backed up my activation files on the pstv since sony really screwed up the process. however, one file (remote play) doesn't seem to exist. the file is located here: ur0:/user/00/np/myprofile.dat . the file existed on my vita, but not on my tv. the np folder doesn't even exist. is this due to remove play with the ps3 not existing by default on the pstv? I know u need the latest firmware for remote play the work with the ps4, but is that the case with the ps3? I'm on the latest rebug. do I need to add remote play for the ps3 to my app.db, then open it for this file to exist? I don't remember having to open that with the vita itself. thanks!

2. 1,332
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

All i know about is to mot sign in on 3.60 or sony nukes all of your activation files, forcing an update if you dont have them backed up.

pinky likes this.
  3. 11,535
    pinky

I didn't realize that's what was happening. I had thought there was an issue with the sd2vita cards. it hadn't happened to me, and I didn't know about it until after using the card. I've backed up all three files: the act.dat, the system.dreg, and the system.ireg. afaik, the fourth file, myprofile.dat, is only needed for remote play which might explain y it's not present on the pstv. it's not supposed to work with the ps3's remote play, but u can enable it through the app.db. I think @atreyu187 said that ps3 remote play on the pstv was terrible.

4. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

That's not all activation data... Tomorrow I'll list all files if You still interested. ;)

pinky likes this.
  5. 11,535
    pinky

that would be helpful. I got the list from wololo.

6. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

System Settings (because there is NPAID there), all activation data and all app/game licenses (I'm not sure about last two):

Code:
    vd0:/registry/system.dreg
    vd0:/registry/system.ireg

tm0:/npdrm/act.dat
    tm0:/psmdrm/act.dat
    tm0:/clouddata/mcid.dat

ux0:/id.dat

ux0:/license/app/*
    ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSES/*

ur0:/user/00/shell/db/act.db
    ur0:/user/00/np/myprofile.dat

WTF-IGO, pinky and ed89 like this.
  7. 11,535
    pinky

of those, I had also dumped my license files and the app.db. I know about the id.dat as well, but I never dumped it. thanks for the list!

8. 11,535
    pinky

@Berion , I couldn't find myprofile.dat on my pstv. and, tm0:/psmdrm/act.dat - I couldn't find on either the vita or the pstv. I'm assuming that's a typo?

9. 7,538
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Psmdrm exist only when ps mobile is activated.

pinky likes this.
  10. 11,535
    pinky

so I should just ignore the files that don't exist on my system?

11. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

Indeed. However, I have PSTV and also "myprofile.dat" (328B). Probably created when You use first time PlayStation Store application.

From 0x0 start NP Name (chosen account name to SEN). Rest are zero padding.
    0x14 - b1plpsp2 (account type? but what means b1?)
    0x24 - repeated same data from 0x0
    0x38 - direct link to avatar on Sony servers (I'm curious if it's possible to use instead localhost/uri ;p)
    0xB8 to EOF - unknown, looks like some 4B flag + padding and some other keys/ids/encrypted junk.

12. 7,538
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Berion and pinky like this.
  13. 11,535
    pinky

I used that app, but the myprofile.dat it generated only has my profile name in it, then it's padded with 0s. is that supposed to happen? the myprofile.dat that I got from my vita has a lot more to it.

14. 7,538
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Sadly I don't know. Probably is all you need for offline usage, but for sure this is not correct file for online purposes (that are locked since today anyway... :( ).

pinky likes this.
  15. 11,535
    pinky

I take it trying to use ps4 link will try to make me sign in to psn, then it will deactivate my account? I suppose that's the reason the app was created - to generate the file without having u sign in? what would happen if I used the myprofile.dat from my vita on the pstv? it has the same psn id.

16. 7,538
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I don't know that file is using some per console data. Like @Berion mentioned, since 0xB8 offset to end of file values are unknown, "looks like some 4B flag + padding and some other keys/ids/encrypted junk."

pinky likes this.
  17. 11,535
    pinky

I see that my encrypted portion starts at 0xC0 in my profile.dat instead of 0xB8. the file size is the same as a legit myprofile.dat, so maybe ur right about it only needing the psn id to play games offline. I wonder how the file is generated to begin with though. ??? I was thinking that u had to initiate ps4 link or ps3 remote play, but those will probably have me sign in first. then, of course, ps4 link requires the ps4 be on the latest firmware. I'm on 4.07, and I'm not updating for obvious reasons. ;) maybe @atreyu187 will know if the file is supposed to be this way. I mean u could create the file from scratch pretty easily, so what's the point in the app if that's the case?

18. 11,535
    pinky

here's an unrelated question but something that's been bugging me: does the pstv have the enso boot logo? 'cause both times I've installed enso, the boot logo wouldn't appear. it appears on my vita, just not the pstv. I'm worried that something went wrong with the install. and, considering how delicate enso is, it could be very bad. I've encountered a couple glitches to where the system wouldn't turn on as well. it doesn't happen that often, but it has happened (both times today and after I installed the myprofile.dat). it never happened before that. and, the enso boot logo has been absent the full time I've been using enso. games and apps still run okay, and nothing glitches up while the system is on either. could these be bugs with enso? my main concern is that mbr error that I got when I tried to reinstalled enso. ignoring it allowed enso to be installed without issues. and, so far, the system hasn't had any bugs until after installing myprofile.dat. is this file checked while the system is booting up?

19. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

It doesn't generate proper myprofile.dat. So it's good idea to backup it since we don't know what exactly purpose is that file. Golden rule for any console and any private data ever. ;) I don't reccomended going online (if this even still possible) with any shady data (another universal rule ;p).

I never link my PSTV with PS3 or PS4.

I didn't install Enso. I decided to wait until usbmc module bug will be solved.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  20. 11,535
    pinky

I just deleted it from my system. I don't have a legit myprofile.dat which is the problem, and I'm not sure how to generate a legit one. I hadn't planned on going online either, not after the deactivation thing, which is still done by signing in to psn on a henkaku system? I'm still not sure how these deactivation things r working. the myprofile.dat file, the fake one, looks easy enough to make on ur own without an app since there's no data in it aside from the psn id. u had the file from the start? I wonder if it disappeared when I reformatted? it's in ur0 so maybe rebuilding the database had that effect and the only way to get another is by signing in?

which bug is that?

edit: it seems odd that the boot logo doesn't exist on my system. I do remember restarting the system several times when I thought usbmc was supposed to work on the pstv (before the update). I never once saw the boot logo. then, the mbr error has me worried. I think it's a bug with the enso installer. and, I've heard of others having issues with enso installation, and all of them involved the pstv, so wonder if there's something buggy there?