PS3 Issue Building PS3 Games with Unity 5.4.0b3 Windows

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by PhoenixARC, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 114
    PhoenixARC

PhoenixARC Member

Home Page:
    So I have Unity 5.4.0b3 (with license for ps3) and when I build a game for the ps3, and run it, my 4.85.1 HFW gives an 80010009 error upon startup and my REBUG 4.84 console just gives a black screen, any reason why this is happening? its a test project with just a cube. PKG file generated by unity linked here

2. 3,330
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Hmm.. an issue with the EBOOT most likely, not built/signed correctly or something to that degree. It won't let me download it so can run it through the PS3 Debugging program.

I would say when doing this sort of thing first mount and boot the app through the debugging app on PC to the PS3 via network LAN, not directly on the PS3 itself. You have a PS3 on REBUG REX..? convert to DEX and use the debugging app. You can mount and run things on the PS3 from PC using it.

Also just so you know the Unity Engine is crap, it might be free and open source, but its full of bugs and stuff. You should see some of the VR and augmented reality stuff running Unity... its just pure poop atm.

You might be better off with Cry Engine or even better Unreal Engine. These are the two game engines I use for PS3 and PC.

3. 114
    PhoenixARC

PhoenixARC Member

Home Page:
    I'm VERY new to this, where can i get the debug program?