Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Issue with loading PS3ISOs from NTFS drive

Discussion in 'PS3HEN (nonCFW PS3 Models)' started by Hyrus, Jul 7, 2019.

1. 11
    Hyrus

Hyrus Forum Noob

Hello guys, I've been experiencing some issues with a NTFS drive and my ISO backups. I've checked the forums and found a thread from other user having a similar problem, but not an actual solution or explanation. Here's what happens:

I've been able to load successfully, backups that are in the JB folder format. And it was only 2 days ago that I decided to give a try to creating ISO images of my discs and converting my JB folder games to ISO.

To do this I used the MakePS3ISO tool integrated in IRISMAN. I placed my ISOs in the correct folder (X:\PS3ISO) in NTFS drive, and they are properly detected by all main backup managers: webMAN MOD, MultiMAN, IRISMAN. However, when I try to mount any of them I either get an error message or the console shuts down.

> webMAN MOD shows a popup message saying the game has been loaded/mounted but there's no Disc Icon on the XMB to launch the game.
    > MultiMAN shows the following message: "The selected disc image is not a compliant PS3 ISO. but you may still be able to access it in other applications".
    > On IRISMAN the console simply shuts down.

BTW, I'm running the latest version of HEN (2.3.1), webMAN MOD v1.47.24, multiMAN v04.82_20190528_PS3HEN, and IRISMAN v4.84.5_HEN_Edition.

Any advice on how to fix this?
    Thanks for your help. :)

One more doubt...
    Can someone please tell me why my JB folder Games are properly detected on my external FAT32, but they do not show up on any manager on my NTFS drive?? In both cases the games are in the correct folder path: X:\GAMES, and the NTFS and its content perfectly accessible within the file explorer on IRISMAN.
    Is there a limitation or conflict for games in JB folder format when trying to load them from an NTFS drive?

2. 34
    bucanero

bucanero Member

Home Page:
    at least for multiMan, I think you need to use the "prepNTFS" app before loading ISOs from a NTFS drive.

If you look into multiMan > Downloads you'll find a "prepNTFS.pkg" , then you download and install it. Next step, run prepNTFS with your drive attached so it can be scanned and your ISOs detected. After that, you should be able to go back to multiman and load the image.