PS3HEN Issues with PS3 FW: 4.84 (CECH-3002B) running HAN

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by SilentOne2k94, Jun 17, 2019.

1. 31
    SilentOne2k94

SilentOne2k94 Forum Noob

Hey guys, i've been racking my brain trying to get this to work..
    but i've basically setup my PS3 with HAN package manager and HAN toolbox.
    (I still don't understand the difference between HAN and HEN)

i've made sure to go to HAN functions and run HAN enabler beforehand
    and i've installed the PKG's for IRISMAN, Multiman and WebmanMOD..
    However.. opening any of the PKG's results in error (80010017)

also, i've tried building my own PS3 and PS2 PKG's on the PC and assigning my ACT and IDPS, carefully following the guide and making sure i'm doing it right.. however the file size is too big for a FAT32 harddrive or USB Stick so i tried using PKG Linker but theres 2 issues..
    I can't refresh package list through "Install Packages from Webserver" because i get Error (80710092)
    and another issue is.. any PKG Games i've tried installing through PKG Linker either way just come up with the same error that I get from refreshing the package list so i can't install PKG's.

If anyone could help me with this i'd be forever grateful.
    I just want to run PS3 and PS2 backups, thats all.

2. 611
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

T.A.U likes this.
  3. 365
    VTSTech

VTSTech Developer

Home Page:
    HAN should only be used to install the Package Manager. From there you install HEN. HEN enables the homebrew.

HEN completely supersedes HAN.

T.A.U likes this.
  4. 372
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

You can't run homebrew file managers on HAN, that's what HEN is for. HAN is good for ps2classics, converted psx pkg's, and PSN / cfw2ofw content. HEN is good for homebrew / FTP and PS3ISO / PSXISO backups plus some other additional features that you may or may not use.

PKG Linker can be a bit tricky to set up if you are not familiar with setting up networks. Best way I found was connecting a cat5e cable to my laptop and directly to my ps3. Setup the IP addresses manually on windows and your ps3, make sure to install the package_list.pkg and ping your ps3 from pkglinker to confirm it's working right and if it's successful you should be able to install the pkg's from HAN Toolbox. I believe it's under external content > install pkg's from webserver. You'll need to reboot after installing the package_list.pkg in order to be able to install anything from the webserver.

You'd have to go the split PKG route if you wish to install directly from your USB. I've limited experience doing that myself.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    T.A.U likes this.