JAILBREAKING A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by JJK, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9
    JJK

JJK Forum Noob

Before you jailbreak, or already have and think problems can be fixed know this.
    - PS2 classics don't work properly, unless you got a specific phat version of PS3 or have the games downloaded from psn, if you dont have any of these 2 options PS2 games can have missing audio,crash, bad FPS or just don't work.
    - if you use 3rd party controls you will get latency.
    - games can't really be modded at all, it's only mod menus which is NOT modding.
    - Linux is slow, doesn't really work properly, can't install apps through terminal or downloaded files, it's too old to function with what's needed.
    - finally your accounts get banned, and maybe even your whole console, banned.
    if you want mod menus, free ps3 games and to be able to save full games on your console then you will be fine, if your like me and wanted to have PS2 classics, have other os installed and mod games then it's probably not worth your time.

2. 12,385
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

well, it's amazing how much has been accomplished with limited information or no documentation.

CFW-Us3r, Naked_Snake1995 and mr_ota like this.
  3. 306
    Luisile

Luisile Member

i have two jailbroken consoles not hen. i dont have psn accounts on them so no ban risk. i also dont play ps2 classic on them only iso. and also with iso i have no problem running all compatible games.
    i dont mod games.
    i have also 3rd party controllers and also few fakes from ebay no problem at all.
    linux is for pc not ps3. ps3 is a gaming console not a pc. for linux pc you can buy shit pc for under a 50 and play with it all the time.

if you are frustrated with ps3 then settle on another console or platform.
    PS3 is my favorite console and i have ps1, ps2, ps3,ps4, og xbox , xbox360..

josey wales and CFW-Us3r like this.
  4. 1,901
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Lets begin to contradict your statement.

PS2 Classics is just an designation for the Emulated version of the PlayStation2 Format Software, for Non-Backwards Compatible Consoles, you expect near 100% pure PlayStation2 like performance, when the Emulator itself wasn´t designed to acomodate, such a large PS2 Library,rather than what $ony offers you on the PlayStation Network, plus you are running it under Emulation, let me repeat that again Emulation, thats right, you are mimicking a previous generation console, on a hardware that is not even native, and wasn´t designed to execute any form of PlayStation2 Code, so incompatibilities, and performance issue or bugs can be expected, and you wont have near 100% PlayStation2 like performance or compatibility, even the Backwards Compatible Consoles,which are running on the actual PlayStation2 Hardware itself aren´t 100% 1:1 ratio of a PS2, $ony did a good job optimizing the PS2 Emulation Code for the CELL B/E, and the community did an amazing job creating CONFIGs for the titles that the Emulator cannot launch on its Raw Firmware State, right now more than 78% of the PlayStation2 Library can be played on a Non-Backwards Compatible Console, and that number is still increasing by each day.

Ive personally used 3rd Party Controlers, and never had any latency issues or lag, and many people use 3rd Party Controlers, and so far never heard of someone whining about it, unless you buy thoes cheap controlers from eBay or Amazon, you are bound to have problems.

There is no need to install Linux, you can install Yellow Dog or Red Ribbon, and believe me, they arent so slow, they work great for the PPC64 Code, being compatible with the CELL Broadband Engine, of course you are limited to 256Mb XDR Ram, its a miracle that $ony allowed OtherOS to be installed on a PlayStation3, making your Console basiclly a User PC, even though they removed it on 3.21 and never came to the Slims and later revisions, believe me the CELL B/E aint a snail, optimize the code for it and it will destroy your budget PC, you expect a 2019 rig performance from a 15 year old machine, but that aint going to cut it.

Regarding Modding, if the game doesn´t support or have no Mods,then do it yourself, PlayStation3 can always be modded, you just need to have the right developer tools for them, Mod Menus, is just like Debug Menus from the specific title, they only thinker with the original files from the game, modding is altering the game in any shape or form, and with Mod Menus, you arent altering anything, you are simply accessing the Game´s Debug Functionality, there are many games that share similar code and things can be ported and modified, take Naughty Dog PlayStation3 titles for example, they´re games can easly be modified and ported over, such examples are porting assets from the Uncharted Series to The Last Of Us, and vice versa, there are plenty of other examples out there.

And to end this topic, your account gets banned, of course it gets banned, if you go berserk in any online activity with Mod Menus and stuff, and $ony knows your every move,by monitoring your console, of course there are Homebrews to remedy the situation,but of course if you continue modding online and cheating, you are going to get banned, this is no exception, on any platform, as long as you play it by the rules, $ony is not going to touch you, if they see no reason to do so.

Your answer clearly shows lack of knowledge, regarding how Custom Firmware works,which reflects upon on what you wrote, so before throw some shade, at the developers whom bring you CFW to your enjoyment, think of they´re hardwork and countless hours of non-sleeping nights and the endless testing to make sure they deliver a piece of software that is flawless without charging you a single cent for it, and do some research on how things work, because your answer clearly a waste of everyones time, and mine, and these 20 min of reading your poorly constructed answer,and replying, are 20 min, ill never get them back.

5. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

Maybe You should blame Sony in the first place? Because everything which You listed is their fault... THEIR emulators with THEIRS patches support only games from PSS. Besides that, PS3 is to weak for PS2 emulation.

Games can be fully modded...

Because almost all Desktop Environments doesn't like 256MiB RAM, and we don't have very good graphic drivers...

If You need online capability, then You should not jailbreak in the first place... It is and always will be the scene OR online services. SEN is their property so they have full right to do what they want with it. If breaking this rule, You risking, and risking means possible punishment (that's the law of nature: reward and punishment >> learning >> evolving ;)).

You forgot about something very important which jailbreaking giving... Fully access to Your data (saves, trophies, license) which You can use EVERYWHERE (another PS3, emulators etc.) WITHOUT Sony servers and their grace (which one day for sure, they will be permanently turned off).

DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 428
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

CFW is essential to preserve PS3 hardware. Sony has designed console which is bound to fail sooner rather than later.

OFW doesn't show you CPU/GPU Temperature, fan speeds and control settings. FAT models have very bad syscon fan control. OFW doesn't allow you to run custom fan control utility.

You should install CFW just to save your PS3 hardware. Or it will overheat, YLOD and burnout soon.

There are plenty more reasons. Running games from external USB NTFS. Running game without discs. Save you a lot of hassle with changing discs. Homebrew with variety of functions. Like shortcut keys, autoboot plugins, backing up games, FTP transfer etc etc

Wait, i forgot to mention how CFW is life saver for dead BD drive consoles. Your BD drive goes dead (and it will sometime) but your PS3 will continue to live thanks to CFW.

Th3-J0k3r likes this.
  7. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Post like this is utter trash but then again what do you expect when THE ENTIRE TOPIC IS IN UPPERCASE? Usually the sign of ignorance and childish behavior and antics. Sorry topic locked as this is just trash to begin with and useless.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    ntodek and STLcardsWS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.