Japanese Hybrid Pack Games

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Desmo, Mar 30, 2019.

1. 22
    Desmo

Desmo PSX-Place Supporter

Is there a way to backup only the game portion of a Hybrid Pack? I have a couple Macross Hybrid Packs that have games with the BD movie. When trying to backup to hdd0 with MM it tries to backup the entire 40+GB disc.
    Anyone have any experience or feedback with this?

2. 10,009
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you might try ps3tools. you can backup or cut anything you want (just make sure you have a backup). only ripping what you want, I have no idea if that's possible.

T.A.U likes this.
  3. 4,022
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

You need to mention how is made the game folder/file structure to help us imagine how is made, but in general yes, you can take out all the additional content of a PS3 game disc in a safe way (without breaking any standard)

T.A.U likes this.
  4. 22
    Desmo

Just left for a business trip and won't be back until the middle of the week. I'll update this thread on what the disc's structure is in order to get more feedback.

Thanks...

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 1,851
    Berion

Berion Developer

Use IsoBuster to make file list. It will tell us how it's made (if You have BD ODDR/ODDW on PC). Or copy whole disc to console, send via FTP to PC and make list via DIR (Windows) or Tree (Linux).

T.A.U likes this.
  6. 2,690
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

One way to skip the movies in hybrid discs is remapping the folders containing the streams and other info (AACS, BDMV, PS3_VPRM) to an empty folder or to one with smaller content. The remapping can be done easily using the web command /remap.ps3<path>&to=<new-path>

Example: /remap.ps3/dev_bdvd/BDMV&to=/dev_flash/vsh/resource/AAA

When mmCM is backing up the BD disc, it will skip the content of the folder /BDMV because it's redirected to an empty folder.

Alternatively can redirect only /BDMV/STREAMS because usually it is the heaviest folder, keeping the rest of the folder structure of the disc.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    T.A.U, n00b and pinky like this.
  7. 22
    Desmo

Screenshot_20190415_203144.png

Hey everyone,

Never got around to this as I've been out of town on a regular basis and when I've been home I've been getting all sucked into Dark Souls.

So here's what the folder structure of the BD looks like...pic is attached. Sorry...I'm an old man and really don't know how to imbed properly :chargrined:

Just by using deduction I would assume that the folders I need is the PS_GAME and PS3_DISC_SFB...the others I can remap to a non existing or smaller folder as Aldo said up above.

Am I on the right track?

aldostools likes this.
  8. 1,851
    Berion

Berion Developer

If those are all folders and files on disc, and You are interesting only in playing a game, You need only PS3_GAME and SFB. I never did it myself but should work:

1. copy those data to "dev_hdd0/games/<any filename>/" via filemanager (I believe executables will be decrypted on the fly)

If game will not work as "JB format", then:

2. create ISO from it (via i.e multiMAN, game should appear on the list), then move *.iso to "dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/"

Desmo, T.A.U and aldostools like this.
  9. 4,022
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

As mentioned, you need to keep only the folder PS3_GAME and the file PS3_DISC.SFB

But... you need to edit the file PS3_DISC.SFB to remove 2 flags
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS3_DISC.SFB

Open the file PS3_DISC.SFB in a hexeditor and you are going to see an small area where are stored the HYBRID_FLAG's
    In your file you are going to see the flags "gvu"... and you need to delete the "v" and "u"

In other words... in your PS3_DISC.SFB there is an area with "gvu" and after editing it will be "g"

Desmo and Berion like this.
  10. 22
    Desmo

@sandungas @Berion @aldostools

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give this a try over the weekend to see how it pans out.
    I'll post feedback for anyone else who wants to convert their hybrid disc games in the future.